bmpcc4k parts of touch screen is not working anymore

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

ankar728

bmpcc4k parts of touch screen is not working anymore

PostThu Aug 26, 2021 1:09 pm

Hi everyone, hope all is well

My bmpcc4k screen started to have some lines around the edges in early July this year, and it wasn't affecting the footage and touch screen was working fine.

Now parts of touch screen, upper right and lower left overall 50% of the screen is not working anymore. I can't select some of the settings and this is very frustrating.

Here is the video link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cwDqQY ... p=drivesdk

I bought this camera in a local shop in feb 2020, and it is out of its warranty period. I'm based in toronto canada, and I assume it would cost a lot of time and money to send it back to the blackmagic design, this is my only camera now btw..

Is there a DIY solution, I assume this is just the LCD screen problem not PCB on the unit?

Any advice is appreciated!

Piotr Wojtas

Re: bmpcc4k parts of touch screen is not working anymore

PostWed Oct 06, 2021 7:37 am

It looks like I have exactly the same issue. Camera is out of warranty. Any advice from Blackmagic how to solve this problem? Where can I send my Pocket to fix it? I live in Cracow, Poland.

kontrakatze

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 3:43 pm

Hi,
I had the same problem. The display was delaminating, separating the touch from the picture. I was just at the end of the warranty and sent the camera from Germany to England for repair. Repair was fast and free, but I made a huge mistake which led to having to pay import taxes (bummer).

@Piotr: UK is no longer part of the EU, so copy your receipt of when and where you bought the camera, copy all transfer papers, even stamps, copy the serial number of the camera. Also copy the RMA number from blackmagic. Keep this at hands, because you have to send all of this to the customs when the camera returns. If anything is missing, you would have to pay import taxes. I just missed one thing: a copy of the stamps to show that I sent it to the UK. That cost me 180€

Regards,
Stephan
Stephan Schoenharting
Berlin, Germany
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9HVF-6TcKDkavfcqu0lFMQ/videos

Uli Plank

PostSat Oct 23, 2021 6:45 am

It would have been easier if you would have announced it to customs before for a process called: "Anmeldung zur aktiven oder passiven Veredelung."
We had to do this for a Red One camera years ago, which went to the US and back. We had to pay taxes only for the repair value.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

kontrakatze

PostSat Oct 23, 2021 2:39 pm

I didn't know that. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Stephan
Stephan Schoenharting
Berlin, Germany
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9HVF-6TcKDkavfcqu0lFMQ/videos

Return to Cinematography