URSA 12K High Frame Rates

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

thefilmaddict

URSA 12K High Frame Rates

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 3:00 pm

As I mentioned in a different post, I am impressed with shooting in 12K and 8K with the URSA 12K camera.
But the high frame rates in 4K are pretty impressive, too (even with the crop). Here's some 240 fps test video I recently shot...

NOTE: I had one of those hollywood black magic filters on it. I think next time, I'll shoot without it to make things even sharper -- although I like the subtle glow.

lost_soul

Re: URSA 12K High Frame Rates

PostSat Sep 18, 2021 7:42 pm

I shoot a fair bit of product stuff so the high frame rates would mean more to me than the 12K. But it is really cool that you can have ether or when you need them.
Centos 8
RX 580
AMDGPU-pro
Studio (What ever the latest is)

thefilmaddict

PostSun Sep 19, 2021 11:25 pm

I totally agree. I just like that I have high frame rates in 4K if I need them. I like that I have 12K if I need it. Coming from the pocket 6K, I actually like that I have a 4K option for shooting in low frame rates, too.

Nick Lavigne

PostTue Sep 21, 2021 7:42 pm

thefilmaddict wrote:As I mentioned in a different post, I am impressed with shooting in 12K and 8K with the URSA 12K camera.
But the high frame rates in 4K are pretty impressive, too (even with the crop). Here's some 240 fps test video I recently shot...

NOTE: I had one of those hollywood black magic filters on it. I think next time, I'll shoot without it to make things even sharper -- although I like the subtle glow.

NICE! Take that footage into Topaz Video Enhance AI and use chronos to slow it down even more, id love to see the results. Or, prores/dnxhr out the file and i'll test it.

Return to Cinematography