Pocket Cinema 4k Blue Screen (of Death)?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

chrisabruce

Pocket Cinema 4k Blue Screen (of Death)?

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 10:09 am

My pocket cinema 4k seems to be bricked. Whenever I turn it on, it just displays a solid blue background with 1/3 markers. It doesn't do anything else. If I turn off, it stays on the blue screen until battery runs out. If I just remove batter and and use external power, it does same thing, but off button turns it off.

I have tried to use the firmware updater, but it doesn't see the camera connected to USB.

What can I do? Is my camera Bricked? I have only had for around 1 year.

ianlewis

Re: Pocket Cinema 4k Blue Screen (of Death)?

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 1:04 pm

I had something like this once and it turned out to be that false colour was turned on (and there was no light). I had accidently pressed the shortcut button.

But maybe I'm the only idiot who would do such a thing...

smunaut

Re: Pocket Cinema 4k Blue Screen (of Death)?

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 6:42 pm

Try recovery mode :

- Install the latest version of Camera Setup and open the application
- Ensure camera is powered off.
- Connect the device via USB to the computer.
- Once the device is connected via USB, Power the unit on whilst holding the autofocus button (second from the top next to the LCD).
- Camera should enter recovery mode and you should be able to update the firmware of the unit from the Camera Setup app.
Resolve Studio - Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD RX6600 / NVidia RTX 4070 (switching between the 2) - Linux

Return to Cinematography