Testing stage

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Mark Davies

Testing stage

PostSat Nov 09, 2013 8:53 pm

I'm at the stage where I'm testing everything so far I'm not that happy with the BMPC image in prores Colour correction is not as good as I thought and without a waveform or histogram on board makes exposure difficult. My light meter comes in useful but the image looks over exposed Just wish there was a histogram on it. So far skin tones seem a little red and difficult to get right. Perhaps down to only having 3200k when the lights are 2800k
Really in prores I think you need more white balance settings Not a problem with RAW but in prores it is.
Mark Davies

Scott Stacy

Re: Testing stage

PostSat Nov 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Would, indeed, be nice to have custom white balance. Histograms are nice but I alway use a Sekonic light meter combined with false color.
Scott Stacy, CSI
Colorist

Windows 10
HP Z8
RTX2080ti (x2)
Intel Xeon Gold 18 Core
128 RAM
NVME M.2 Samsung 970 2TB (x4)
Resolve 17.4

Mark Davies

Re: Testing stage

PostSun Nov 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Mark2929 wrote:I'm at the stage where I'm testing everything so far I'm not that happy with the BMPC image in prores Colour correction is not as good as I thought and without a waveform or histogram on board makes exposure difficult. My light meter comes in useful but the image looks over exposed Just wish there was a histogram on it. So far skin tones seem a little red and difficult to get right. Perhaps down to only having 3200k when the lights are 2800k
Really in prores I think you need more white balance settings Not a problem with RAW but in prores it is.

Nope its me I forgot my 0.6 filter wasn't an IR and explains the redness. Silly me. Skin tones look great now.
Mark Davies

Return to Cinematography