BMDPCC 4K file naming problem

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Chris.S

BMDPCC 4K file naming problem

PostThu Nov 25, 2021 1:00 am

Hello all you excellent folks. I have three Pocket Cinema 4K cameras, all updated to the latest firmware. Especially when I do a shoot with all three cameras, I go to the Project setting and input a project name to make things easier in post. That has worked great until recently -- about a month ago one of the cameras stopped saving the file name with the name I give to it in the Project setting. So cameras 2 and 3 will save the file name properly, but camera 1 gives the standard numerical name even though I've entered a custom name in the Project tab (ie, 1004_11241438_C017.braw rather than "Test" which is what I was wanting to name it).

I have written in to support, and they suggested that I roll back the firmware to 6.9.5 and then reinstall 7.3, to see if that overwrite will solve the problem. I did that today, but unfortunately it has not. It took the likely overworked support folks over two weeks to recommend that possible solution, and I'm not sure when I'll hear from them again.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? And if so, were you able to find a solution so the camera would write the proper file name? Thanks, guys for your help!

rick.lang

Re: BMDPCC 4K file naming problem

PostFri Nov 26, 2021 12:55 am

Did you also try a Factory Reset (after saving any custom LUTs etc to another card)?
Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography