Need BlackMagic parts

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

wemrick1

Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 12:27 pm

Ok,

So I'm trying to be frugal and building up my mini as I go. One of the first things I bought was a top handle. Then I found a shoulder mount used with no handle. Wow! Fortunate? Next I get the viewfinder. OoooPs, not so fortunate. By buying the handle separate I did not get a mounting screw and additional plate for the top handle that comes with the full shoulder mount kit.

Question;

Is there any way to purchase just the two parts I need from BlackMagic? I really don't want to go back and dump another $400 on a new shoulder mount kit. Been surfing GooGoo for a parts list or separate parts with no luck. It's not a crises as I found a 1/4 20 that was long enough to secure the evf and with a small enough head for the top handle to clear but to adjust the eve forward and backward I have to use an allen key.

Travis Hodgkinson

Re: Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 1:00 pm

You can order spare parts from most vendors. Was faced with a similar situation. Managed to order just the parts I needed for the EVF.
Freelance Camera Op & Cinematographer based in Brisbane, Australia.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Weapons: URSA 12K + Canon XF605 + Hero 10 + Pocket 6K Pro
Optics: DZO Pictor Zooms + SLR Magic Hyper Prime + Tokina Cinema Zoom

wemrick1

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 1:12 pm

Travis Hodgkinson wrote:You can order spare parts from most vendors. Was faced with a similar situation. Managed to order just the parts I needed for the EVF.

I'll give that a shot by calling a couple of vendors. Looking at Adorama and B&H they have nothing listed on their websites.

Thank you!!

Ellory Yu

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Contact BMD support. They might have it in their inventory of small parts and can sell it to you.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

carlomacchiavello

Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 6:27 pm

For mine (I prefer to buy a small rig Handle with more holes and rods), I build a simple brick of abs with 3d printer and add a simple screw to fix it.
I found that naval screw use witsworth pass like video making and you found every length you need.
Original Blackmagic Design is good but one piec equipment, I prefer a more modular equipment to put easy in backpack (yes I just had a big big back pack which is also trolley for my ursa).

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

wemrick1

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 8:16 pm

That I did do. Sent them an email today so we'll see what happens. Thanks!

wemrick1

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 8:18 pm

carlomacchiavello wrote:For mine (I prefer to buy a small rig Handle with more holes and rods), I build a simple brick of abs with 3d printer and add a simple screw to fix it.
I found that naval screw use witsworth pass like video making and you found every length you need.
Original Blackmagic Design is good but one piec equipment, I prefer a more modular equipment to put easy in backpack (yes I just had a big big back pack which is also trolley for my ursa).

So many wonderful toys and so hard to choose! :D

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Tim Schumann

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 10:38 pm

URSA EVF 1/4 Thumbscrew and the URSA EVF Mounting Plate is what you are after if you just have the top handle and need the parts to mount the Viewfinder itself.

Ellory Yu

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 10:54 pm

wemrick1 wrote:So many wonderful toys and so hard to choose! :D

Besides original BMD parts, I like to use Tilta and Smallrig for rigging. In the photo below, I use a smallrig plate on the side which has a NATO rails and it’s great giving me also additional holes for attachments and also a rosette so I can move the BMD handle for there for easy handheld. The monitor rig is also smallrig. I also have a fin to hold 2 v-mount batts.

IMG_0061_1.jpg
IMG_0061_1.jpg (642.7 KiB) Viewed 1183 times
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

wemrick1

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 11:54 pm

Tim Schumann wrote:URSA EVF 1/4 Thumbscrew and the URSA EVF Mounting Plate is what you are after if you just have the top handle and need the parts to mount the Viewfinder itself.

Thank you! Am trying to source them.

Edit::::

That did the trick. Having the proper names brought up plenty of places to purchase them.

Again.... Thank you!!!
Last edited by wemrick1 on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

wemrick1

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 11:57 pm

Ellory Yu wrote:
wemrick1 wrote:So many wonderful toys and so hard to choose! :D

Besides original BMD parts, I like to use Tilta and Smallrig for rigging. In the photo below, I use a smallrig plate on the side which has a NATO rails and it’s great giving me also additional holes for attachments and also a rosette so I can move the BMD handle for there for easy handheld. The monitor rig is also smallrig. I also have a fin to hold 2 v-mount batts.

IMG_0061_1.jpg

Sharp lookin rig!

Xtreemtec

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 9:27 am

@Tim Schumann, How do i obtain a few new knobs of the Ursa UB1 / UB2 ? Have 2 cracked Menu knobs ( Those that turn ) and 1 audio knob Ch2/4.. Seems these knobs are under stress and split down the middle in time.

Out of 3 UB cameras got 3 knobs go split now..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Travis Hodgkinson

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 4:26 pm

Maybe someone on here can print rubber dials for the URSA bodies. BM sent me some replacement ones some time ago.
Freelance Camera Op & Cinematographer based in Brisbane, Australia.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Weapons: URSA 12K + Canon XF605 + Hero 10 + Pocket 6K Pro
Optics: DZO Pictor Zooms + SLR Magic Hyper Prime + Tokina Cinema Zoom

Return to Cinematography