BMD 7" CLIP LIST scrolling ? SOFT UDPDATE NEEDED !

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Balthazar Lab

BMD 7" CLIP LIST scrolling ? SOFT UDPDATE NEEDED !

PostTue May 17, 2022 1:53 pm

Hello guys,

I am using a lot my BMD 7" as an external recorder and I really like it. However I can't find the clip list. It seems pretty amazing if this does not exist ? It's getting really hard to scroll through after 3 or 4 days of shooting, not even thinking after 30+...

Where is it ? Or when is the update to have such a basic feature ? Really mandatory for continuity checking in fictions !

Also, pretty sad to see that we can use it as an input for basic video chat software, but not directly as "video Capture" in DaVinci Resolve. Even a limited one would be great, I am sure you can make it ;)

Thanks for your answers !

Regards, Balthazar Lab

Edit : This fonction seems to be missing for good. To add it would make a big difference as it could be used to replace the former Pix 240i as a video recorder on feature film, a nice market !
Last edited by Balthazar Lab on Tue May 17, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

roger.magnusson

Re: BMD 7" CLIP LIST scrolling ?

PostTue May 17, 2022 2:37 pm

There's no clip list view in the Video Assist monitors. Not in the cameras either. I suppose they felt it was geared more to people who use it as a tool every day, where it's more or less mandatory that you offload the cards at least after each day of shooting to make sure the footage is safe.

DaVinci Resolve doesn't capture video from webcams, which is what the Video Assist USB output can simulate. A capture card is required. Or just capture in a software that's compatible with webcams.

Balthazar Lab

Re: BMD 7" CLIP LIST scrolling ?

PostTue May 17, 2022 3:34 pm

Hey thanks for the reply !

I suppose they felt it was geared more to people who use it as a tool every day, where it's more or less mandatory that you offload the cards

Well, actually I use it every day, but not as my main recorder. Cards from the camera are offloaded multiple times a day and my BMD is used as a secondary recorder like a rapid tool to look at the sequence already shot that goes before or after in term of continuity.

On feature film you always have this kind of recorder, for a long time PIX Soundevice recorders where the standard nowadays it is more disputed.

BMD could be the new standard with a clip list !

Balthazar Lab

Re: BMD 7" CLIP LIST scrolling ? SOFT UDPDATE NEEDED !

PostThu Jun 16, 2022 10:35 pm

Up ! Anyone from Blackmagic ? The lack of clip list is sooo annoying!

Return to Cinematography