Bent pin in 12V power socket on 4K PCC

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

rory.k

Bent pin in 12V power socket on 4K PCC

PostWed May 18, 2022 9:33 pm

Hi, I'm totally new to the blackmagic 4k pcc and on the first day I seem to have bent a pin in the power socket on the camera and now I can't plug in a power plug cable anymore. I think it was when removing the plug, since it was working fine earlier, I removed the cable, I think I mistakenly twisted it while doing so, and then I could no longer plug it in again. When I push the cable it doesn't go in, even though the little notch is in the right place. I don't want to force it as I guess that'll make it worse.

I've attached a photo of the socket. You can see at least one of the pins is slightly bent.

IMG-3857a.jpg
IMG-3857a.jpg (810.38 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Should I just attempt to bend the pin back using a screwdriver or similar? Or any other suggestions?

thanks!

Rory

Phil999

Re: Bent pin in 12V power socket on 4K PCC

PostThu May 26, 2022 7:07 pm

well I think you have no other choice than to try bending the pin back. I suggest to do this on a hot sunny day to let the camera warm up. Or warm the camera up with a hairdryer. I would use a pair of pliers (pincette) in order to grab the pin firmly.

Good luck.

GalinMcMahon

Re: Bent pin in 12V power socket on 4K PCC

PostThu May 26, 2022 11:30 pm

I would bend it back then permanently attach a barrel plug or v mount adapter cable. The bmpcc power connector is kinda ridiculous. As soon as I got my cam, I attached a barrel plug adapter, zip tied it to my cage, and am running every power source through the barrels.
Water cooled Windows 11 laptop
i9 12th gen - 64GB RAM - 16GB 3080ti
2TB 4th gen nvme main - 4TB 4th gen nvme scratch
Micro panel (thank you BM :) ) - Stream Deck
Resolve Studio 18.5
BenQ ultrawide - DeckLink 4k mini via Sonnet - 48” LG C2 OLED

Return to Cinematography