Rec flashes on pocket after about a 9 minute file

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

joechiazza

Rec flashes on pocket after about a 9 minute file

PostSun Dec 08, 2013 6:28 pm

I have the 128mb 45/s sandisk extreme card which is certified to work from black magic with prores. It actually does work but when the file size gets to be a about 9 or 10 minutes long the rec starts flashing which means dropped frames.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamroberts

Re: Rec flashes on pocket after about a 9 minute file

PostSun Dec 08, 2013 6:34 pm

joechiazza wrote:I have the 128mb 45/s sandisk extreme card which is certified to work from black magic with prores. It actually does work but when the file size gets to be a about 9 or 10 minutes long the rec starts flashing which means dropped frames.

Not used that card but a question for you... did you format the card before each use? If you simple delete footage from the card when connected to your computer and then used the card again it often causes drop frames.

joechiazza

PostSun Dec 08, 2013 6:45 pm

adamroberts wrote:
joechiazza wrote:I have the 128mb 45/s sandisk extreme card which is certified to work from black magic with prores. It actually does work but when the file size gets to be a about 9 or 10 minutes long the rec starts flashing which means dropped frames.

Not used that card but a question for you... did you format the card before each use? If you simple delete footage from the card when connected to your computer and then used the card again it often causes drop frames.

I did not format. I never format the SSD's on the bmcc and never have issues. That could very well be the issue. I hope so.

Peter Östlund

PostSun Dec 08, 2013 7:04 pm

I have the fastest Sandisk 95/s and I have seen the Pocket REC flash even shooting ProRes. I have not detected any lost frames but there might be anyway. What I use to do when I get the flash is to stop and start again, then sometimes it can run for a whole 64 g card.
Strange.

Peter

Mac Jaeger

PostSun Dec 08, 2013 10:37 pm

I have that very same card (128 gb, 45 mb/s). I have not noticed any dropped frames or blinking rec indicator so far, but i've always formatted the card after offloading the contents.

joechiazza

PostMon Dec 09, 2013 1:24 am

Looking back at the footage, I am no noticing any dropped frames. It was for sure blinking though.

Chris Whitten

PostMon Dec 09, 2013 1:48 am

I format SD cards every time.
Chris Whitten

Eli hershko

PostMon Dec 09, 2013 1:50 am

I experienced the same... Same 128 card blinking about 12 min into the shot though no dropped frames it appearse ... And i noticed it only started after the upgrade to 1.5...
Strange.
Eli Hershko
http://www.conjuredvisions.com
http://pro.imdb.com/name/nm2860666/

Return to Cinematography