Open Letter to Santa Claus

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

shanepeters@bellsouth.net

Open Letter to Santa Claus

PostSat Dec 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Dear Santa, I was writing to tell you I have been a good boy, and as an investor in Blackmagic Designs I have patiently been waiting over a calendar year for firmware updates to my camera.

I have come to understand over the years that you are able to take requests from us for our wants and needs, and employ some elfin magic to fulfill those requests and deliver to us, on time, those wonderful gifts.

So I kindly request that you deliver to all BMCC owners a proper firmware update that is long past due for us. One that would allow us to get promised quality, monitorable audio into our cameras. One that would provide indicators of recording space. One that would provide a proper rec709 in-camera color scheme. The list from us is much bigger that this, but with just these few things many of us could put this camera to work in a professional environment as we need to do.

Would it be possible, sir, to employ your elves to make this happen? Perhaps they can do what BlackMagic Designs has so far been unable to do. If you could deliver this to us, it could provide the faith many of us need to do future buisness with this company.

thank you
shane

thomas bruegger

Re: Open Letter to Santa Claus

PostSat Dec 14, 2013 1:46 pm

:D
Thomas Bruegger / garage5 GmbH
www.garage5.ch

Tim Callaghan

PostSat Dec 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Every time a thread is created requesting a firmware update for the 2.5k BMC, Santa murders an elf. There's not many left.

Mark Davies

PostSat Dec 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Tim Callaghan wrote:Every time a thread is created requesting a firmware update for the 2.5k BMC, Santa murders an elf. There's not many left.

Maybe that explains why Santa Claus has claws, a slay. Why Santa is an anagram of satan. Why he dresses in a red suit giving kids presents to sit on his knee. :D
Mark Davies

timbutt2

PostSat Dec 14, 2013 7:05 pm

LMAO! :D

I'm also hoping for the firmware update for X-Mas and the start of the new year. Also, I'm hoping that they unlock some power of the sensor they have in the camera to give us the ability to shoot higher frame rates for some Slow-Mo!

Below is my list of top requested features:

1) Black Sun Spot Gone!
2) SSD Percentage Indicator
3) More ISO Options - As low as 100, and increments of 100 for adjustment
4) Color Temperature is adjusted by increments of 100
5) Variable Frame Rates for Slow-Motion

Hope Santa's elves are hard at work on this.
"I'm well trained in the art of turning **** to gold." - Tim Buttner (timbutt2)

Cameras: URSA Mini Pro G2, URSA Mini 4.6K EF & Cinema Camera 2.5K EF
Computers: iMac 5K (Late 2015) & MacBook Pro Retina 15.4in (Mid 2018)

Return to Cinematography