Making an internal camera preset with ATEM Software Control

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

qmedia.nu

Making an internal camera preset with ATEM Software Control

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 1:46 pm

What if?
What if, when I adjust my BM camera with my ATEM software Control to a certain color setting, is it possible to save this setting in the camera, so when it is in a standalone situation, this setting still can be applied?
The black setting in the ATEM software Control is great but the camera itself, is missing such an adjustment possibility.
Thanks.

Howard Roll

Re: Making an internal camera preset with ATEM Software Cont

PostSat Aug 06, 2022 9:29 am

There are presets on the pocket cameras. Whether they record all settings or just the avalable in camera settings is easily discoverable.

Good Luck

qmedia.nu

PostSat Aug 06, 2022 10:24 am

Since there was no answer until now, I performed my own test with the next result;
It is possible to make a 'picture profile' in the Blackmagic camera URSA Broadcast G2.
When connected to an ATEM software Control, the ATEM Software Camera Control is using the built in DaVinci colour settings (which are not all accessible on the camera itself).
So, by example, you want deeper black or higher saturation or any other setting of this matter, just alter this in the ATEM Software camera control and when you are happy with a setting, go to the 'presets' on the camera and save this setting (you can go up to 60 presets). Now disconnecting the camera from the system and even shutting it on and off, you are still able to acces the settings you prefer by selecting it in the presets. It will completely make the camera picture look like you have programmed it with the software control.
See it as a kind of 'picture profile' like the Sony cams have.

carlomacchiavello

PostSat Aug 06, 2022 10:42 am

You have different way to setup camera.
For example you can do wb in camera where you setup tint and temperature, where on atem you have external temperature control and tint internally but with a different scale from camera (I had light with a bit of too much green and need to correct it).
You can setup camera from atem and later copy that settings in camera to save with preset like told from Howard.
I did it

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Return to Cinematography