Question About the Pocket 4k

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

trainsontracks

Question About the Pocket 4k

PostWed Aug 10, 2022 7:42 pm

Hello, I am wondering if I should by the 4k cinema pocket. I really want to get footage that looks like real life without the cinematic look. Will the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4k achieve this? If you know, please let me know!

rick.lang

Re: Question About the Pocket 4k

PostTue Aug 16, 2022 10:10 pm

I think you mean you want footage that doesn’t require further grading. When shooting with the BMPCC4K or any similar camera, you can record in ProRes with the Video or Extended Video mode selected on page 2 of the camera menu Record tab. Of course you need to have a good exposure in the camera and there are various exposure aids available on the camera to ensure you have a good exposure. Strongly recommend you read the camera manual and then ask any further questions you may have.
Rick Lang

trainsontracks

Re: Question About the Pocket 4k

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 11:03 pm

rick.lang wrote:I think you mean you want footage that doesn’t require further grading. When shooting with the BMPCC4K or any similar camera, you can record in ProRes with the Video or Extended Video mode selected on page 2 of the camera menu Record tab. Of course you need to have a good exposure in the camera and there are various exposure aids available on the camera to ensure you have a good exposure. Strongly recommend you read the camera manual and then ask any further questions you may have.

Thanks. I want a "documentary look" as opposed to a cinemeatic look. The documentary look would be just what I see, but a cinematic look would be something you would see in a movie. Is that what you are talking about?

Return to Cinematography