Weird red framing stain(?) on my BMPCC4K monitor.HELP?!

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

bertik

Weird red framing stain(?) on my BMPCC4K monitor.HELP?!

PostTue Oct 04, 2022 6:41 pm

Hi, I used my camera the other day after a while and I found myself with a weird red stain I would say, that runs all over the edges of the monitor, like a sort of frame. The camera itself works perfectly fine, it is only an aesthetic issue, but nevertheless very annoying. I thought it could be humidity or something like that, but I've always stored my camera into a drybox to avoid that so it couldn't be the case. It just hapend out of the blue and I really don't know what it could be about. can someone help me with this?

Also I'm not sure if blackmagic could do something about it like repair/replacement as my warranty is probably expired (I bought it back in 2019). But in any case I really have no responsability whatsooever for this issue as I've always been very caring and careful with the camera.
Thanks in advance for the help.

(the focus assist is not the problem as I have it setted in blue)
Attachments
Blackmagick stain.jpeg
Blackmagick stain.jpeg (595.83 KiB) Viewed 1223 times

rick.lang

Re: Weird red framing stain(?) on my BMPCC4K monitor.HELP?!

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 7:48 pm

I don’t think we’ve seen that screen anomaly before. I hope it goes away after a restart, but certainly looks like a failing display. You might want to contact your regional BMD Support to advise them of the issue and see what a correction may entail.
Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography