4k Shipping

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Clayton Von Isaacs

Re: 4k Shipping

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 3:56 pm

Anomaly wrote:Yeah and what's your name again Pabl?? something or other?
Anyway..Hello everyone??
You all deserve a warning!!!!!
If this forum allows you to bully me like you just have, then we are all in trouble!

And if Blackmagic does not see how you all just attacked me (Including) Captainhook, then we have a serious problem.

I think it's time to go public with this dilemma.

Yeah we got a serious problem....YOU. What are you? An infant?
Clayton Von Isaacs
daydreamersproductions.com

Clayton Von Isaacs

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 4:34 pm

TheLightFactory wrote:Some more lovely footage appearing from the 4k camera

Nice.
Clayton Von Isaacs

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 5:17 pm

daydreamersproductions wrote:
TheLightFactory wrote:Some more lovely footage appearing from the 4k camera

Nice.

See:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18526

Mapas Depique

Re: !

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Marcel Beck wrote:
Jason R. Johnston wrote:So, I'm not willing to bet anything on it, but I figure the next firmware update will be very nice.

I hope so, its been a while since there was an update.

I just hope they don't drop another bombshell at the event "New 6k Ultra Ultra HD camera" haha and have to wait another year for updates to passthrough.

Hope too for a firmware update soon, and for the Nab i bet for a BlackMagic High Speed camera !!!
6k its a little bit too much for now i think, but why not !

Jules Bushell

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Mapas Depique wrote:
Marcel Beck wrote:
Jason R. Johnston wrote:So, I'm not willing to bet anything on it, but I figure the next firmware update will be very nice.

I hope so, its been a while since there was an update.

I just hope they don't drop another bombshell at the event "New 6k Ultra Ultra HD camera" haha and have to wait another year for updates to passthrough.

Hope too for a firmware update soon, and for the Nab i bet for a BlackMagic High Speed camera !!!
6k its a little bit too much for now i think, but why not !

6k, I'm not worthy :)

Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Marcel Beck

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 10:34 pm

Jules Bushell wrote:6k, I'm not worthy :)
Jules

Haha anything is possible at this point :D
Marcel Beck
Cinematographer & Producer
follow me: @mxbstudios

Will Tejeda

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Someone needs to start a BLackmagic Rumors page hahah

(like canonrumors.com, nikonrumors.com, etc etc)
Will Tejeda
DP/Cinematographer

Scott Pultz

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 11:22 pm

pacman829 wrote:Someone needs to start a BLackmagic Rumors page hahah

Isn't that just the official homepage? I kid! I kid!

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Scott Pultz wrote:

In addition to the occasional fiction on http://www.blackmagicdesign.com :roll:

… this will have to do for now:
http://herefortheweather.wordpress.com/ ... -nab-2014/

:lol:

HPG

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 1:28 am

Scott Pultz wrote:

Okay, that was funny :lol:

Dave Perry

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 6:28 am

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:
Anomaly wrote:WOW Marcel decided he was man enough!!! ROFLMAO :mrgreen:

Marcel you are pathetic :D

Morons! When does a person need to be belittled and shamed to be respected?

Screw off morons, you are the **** hole of me, the end!

Darryl himself could not have said it better.

Oh, wait.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch …

Panasonic's "GH4K" official, detailed announcement is theoretically due tomorrow (Feb. 7). If so, it'll be interesting to see what they have on offer, how it compares, etc.

It would be nice if there'll be some well-shot GH4K sample footage made public before the BMPC-4K starts shipping. Same goes for new firmware for the original BMCC: If BMD improves on the BMCC's already very good ProRes HQ recording capability, my choice may be among 3 cams, not 2. Of course, new BMCC firmware is a big "if".

… not to mention the other 4K cams likely to be announced between now and NAB 2014 this April. (Cams not yet shipping until many, many months from now).

A 1st-world problem for sure! :-)

In the meantime, will make do with cams such as the GH3, FS100, etc.

Peter, B&H have the GH4 listed now. Impressive specs:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... micro.html
S1H
----------------------------------------------
Dave Perry Cinematographer LLC
Director of Photography • Camera Operator
524 N. Normandie Ave. Unit 2
Hollywood USA 90004
LAcinematographer.com

Will Tejeda

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 6:31 am

lol haha
Will Tejeda
DP/Cinematographer

Måns Winberg

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 8:15 am

How about a Blackmagic Cinema Camera S35? 2.5K with a super 35 sensor. 14 stop DR perhaps? Increased low light performance?

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 am

dp351 wrote:
Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:… Panasonic's "GH4K" official, detailed announcement is theoretically due tomorrow (Feb. 7). If so, it'll be interesting to see what they have on offer, how it compares, etc.

It would be nice if there'll be some well-shot GH4K sample footage made public before the BMPC-4K starts shipping. Same goes for new firmware for the original BMCC: If BMD improves on the BMCC's already very good ProRes HQ recording capability, my choice may be among 3 cams, not 2. Of course, new BMCC firmware is a big "if".

… not to mention the other 4K cams likely to be announced between now and NAB 2014 this April. (Cams not yet shipping until many, many months from now).

Thanks Dave. I'd seen that. According to Panasonic's press release, the GH4 can record 8-bit 4K internally at up to 100 megabits/sec. The optional add-on XLR/SDI adapter can output live 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 for monitoring or recording on an external 4K recorder ($$$). We don't know what the GH4 or adapter will sell for.

By comparison the BMPC-4K is obviously not a stills cam, but as we know can record 4K and 1080p 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes HQ and 12-bit compressed RAW internally (at >4-8 times the GH4's internal data rates), has a larger sensor, global shutter, etc. and will sell for $4K.

Unless I see compelling footage, aggressive pricing, and ready availability for the GH4, the BMPC-4K may be a better deal for me. YMMV.

Andrea Cecchini

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 10:36 am

The only thing interest me about GH4 is 96fps in 1080p.
For the rest BMPC 4K is superior in everything. (don't remember color science, not achieve by the others cameras) imho.

https://vimeo.com/andreacecchini

David Sandberg

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Andrea Cecchini wrote:The only thing interest me about GH4 is 96fps in 1080p.
For the rest BMPC 4K is superior in everything. (don't remember color science, not achieve by the others cameras) imho.

I think the extra module to the GH4 is very interesting since it adds most of the things missing when you're shooting with a DSLR (and in many cases, a BMCC).
XLR inputs, audio meters, timecode, HDMI as well as SDI. I wish my BMCC had a module like that... :P

Dave Perry

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 1:36 pm

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:
dp351 wrote:
Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:… Panasonic's "GH4K" official, detailed announcement is theoretically due tomorrow (Feb. 7). If so, it'll be interesting to see what they have on offer, how it compares, etc.

Thanks Dave. I'd seen that. According to Panasonic's press release, the GH4 can record 8-bit 4K internally at up to 100 megabits/sec. The optional add-on XLR/SDI adapter can output live 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 for monitoring or recording on an external 4K recorder ($$$). We don't know what the GH4 or adapter will sell for.

By comparison the BMPC-4K is obviously not a stills cam, but as we know can record 4K and 1080p 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes HQ and 12-bit compressed RAW internally (at >4-8 times the GH4's internal data rates), has a larger sensor, global shutter, etc. and will sell for $4K.

Unless I see compelling footage, aggressive pricing, and ready availability for the GH4, the BMPC-4K may be a better deal for me. YMMV.

Peter, I agree with you. If the GH4 could shoot RAW out of the box without a hack it would be a competitor to the BMPC 4K. I'm a fan of m4/3 and my go to camera is a hacked GH2 but according to the folks over at EOSHD the GH4 with module will most likely cost around $4k as well.

http://www.eoshd.com/content/11934/pana ... h4-preview

Plus, for the Euro market recording is limited to 30 min.
S1H
Hollywood USA 90004
LAcinematographer.com

Jason R. Johnston

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 2:08 pm

dp351 wrote:If the GH4 could shoot RAW out of the box without a hack it would be a competitor to the BMPC 4K. I'm a fan of m4/3 and my go to camera is a hacked GH2 but according to the folks over at EOSHD the GH4 with module will most likely cost around $4k as well.

You also still need the external recorder for 10bit 4:2:2, plus no raw capability (without a possible future hack). I do like the package, though...the XLR and SDI stuff is nice. I also appreciate Panasonic's sensors and overall image quality. The 96fps is nice, too. Still, you're looking at no less than $6k which sounds great when comparing it to the Canon C series, Sony FS-700 or Panasonic AF100. I think the BMCC4K is a better deal in a lot of ways and it'll probably be available sooner than the GH4. Still, that whole setup is sexy. I like the girth of the breakout box/grip (I like lots of bits protruding from out my camera rigs lol).
JASONRJOHNSTON.COM | CINEMATOGRAPHER | DIRECTOR | EDITOR | COLORIST
RED Komodo | DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5 | 2023 MacBook M2 Pro 14

Jason R. Johnston

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Soeren Mueller wrote:have you ever seen one of the Dedolight LED fresnels "in person"?

I have not.

Eugene Carter

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 4:38 pm

That GH4k looks sexy. There are a few other things some might take into consideration beyond the negatives that were mentioned above.

1) reliability! The QC will be much better on the GH4k, I know I had to send back 2 BMCCs for problems right out of the box.

2) That weather-sealed magnesium alloy body.

3)Wifi

4)High frame rates.

5)Stills for plates and that means it has a built in viewfinder also (not the best option but it's there).

6)I'll just list all these from the website:
Time code - SMPTE-compliant time code for synching multiple devices
Color bars - benchmark for fixing color or brightness
1 KHz test tone - benchmark for fixing sound or volume
Center marker - guide mark for video composition
Synchro scan - suppress flicker on monitors or from fluorescent lights
Cine-like gamma - "CINELIKE D" and "CINELIKE V" produce a cinema-like tones
Master Pedestal - adjust brightness balance ±15 steps based on the color black
Zebra Pattern - display lines on over-exposed areas

7) And last but least....the hacks...those hacks man...
I can tell you right now they are going to beast this thing out. They put in a quad-core Venus Engine image processor. I'll bet this thing will get internal compressed raw via a hack. One of the things that keep the other "photo" cameras down was the fact that they internally only recorded in 8bit 4.2.0. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be possible to hack it to some type of 4.2.2 internal codec being that it has to be recording video at 4.2.2. or better internally?

This could be the straw that broke the camels back with BMD for many people. I'm not trying to start a huge debate, but the lack of communication from BMD will weigh heavily on my decision to purchase from them in the future, and if there is an alternative, even if there are some drawbacks, I'll have to also consider the lack of communication and missed promises from BMD against my other options.

This looks like a very good camera, I hope BMD not only starts talking to the guys who are on hold for the 4k, but also make the 2.5k guys whole. There is still time to make things right, but time is fleeting.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Eugene C. wrote:… 7) And last but least....the hacks...those hacks man...
I can tell you right now they are going to beast this thing out. They put in a quad-core Venus Engine image processor. I'll bet this thing will get internal compressed raw via a hack. One of the things that keep the other "photo" cameras down was the fact that they internally only recorded in 8bit 4.2.0. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be possible to hack it to some type of 4.2.2 internal codec being that it has to be recording video at 4.2.2. or better internally? ...

The GH3 was never hacked. We don't know if it's any more possible to hack the GH4.

As a GH1, GH2 & GH3 owner, I agree: It might be useful to use a hacked GH3 or GH4, but there's actually far fewer reasons for programmers to go through the considerable effort to hack the very capable GH3 & GH4 than there was with the GH1 & GH2.

Don't buy any camera (including a BMD camera) for what it might be capable of someday, because that day may never come.

Also, there likely will be additional 4K capable cameras announced between now and NAB 2014 in early April. If you can wait, wait. Or, if you need something right now, buy or rent what's available right now.

The GH4 looks to be a good cam with some nice features, but as always, there's no 1 perfect cam ideally suited, blah, blah, blah …

:-)

-

Jason R. Johnston

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 7:13 pm

It's not really a lack of communication when there's nothing to report.

[rant]I don't want BMD thumbing around on the forum, I want them in their labs producing awesome product. Whatever it is they're working on: it'll get here when it gets here, not a moment before, and nothing will change that. Folly on those who believe raising Cain on an internet forum will press things to move faster and, therefore, less well. Meanwhile, my camera is helping me put food on my table as I am a full-time freelancer and perfectly happy with the camera whose specs and capabilities I understood before I purchased it. I don't care if it takes years for another update or if it stops at 1.5.1, I'm fine with the camera the way it is and I never planned on it being anything else. But, that's the 2.5K...[/rant]

Anyway, I think the title of this thread is slightly misleading and most of the peeps reading it are probably hoping that somewhere in here is an announcement of the 4K camera shipping currently; which it is not. But, it will...with an image that can be better manipulated in post than the GH4 can produce.

imdjay

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 11:50 pm

Wow, things certainly got out of hand here since i last checked in.

And yep, no camera related updates i see...

Grant really needs to gain back credibility on the promises front. I mean... 4th camera in a row promised, delayed, delayed, rinse, repeat....

He really seems like a decent guy, but why oh why does he keep making the same mistake?

At this point, either don't take preorders, or don't set release dates, at all, until there are zero things being waited on by any department or outsource.

it only takes one other big company to come in and ruin BM's party. the GH4 is another step closer to that, and that's from a big company that recently lost a lot of its muscle in the camera department. imagine what sony could really do if they felt like it?

an slr with 10bit 4:2:2 200mbit 4k, or heck, 3k internal recording, but NOT raw, in the area of 3-4 or even 5 grand. still take a BMC?
Darren Levine
NYC C100 Shooter/Editor
mediahalo profile with equipment list: http://www.mediahalo.com/p/dlevine/

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostSat Feb 08, 2014 1:15 am

imdjay wrote:… it only takes one other big company to come in and ruin BM's party. the GH4 is another step closer to that, and that's from a big company that recently lost a lot of its muscle in the camera department. imagine what sony could really do if they felt like it? an slr with 10bit 4:2:2 200mbit 4k, or heck, 3k internal recording, but NOT raw, in the area of 3-4 or even 5 grand. still take a BMC?

I agree the BMPC-4K is way late, and BMD's frequency of communication with customers could be greatly improved, but …

There's ample evidence the BMPC-4K is a mostly complete camera, at least in late beta form. There's actual camera-original BMPC-4K ProRes HQ 4K footage (not just highly-compressed clips on YouTube or Vimeo) available to download and play with. There are various beta testers around the world working with BMPC-4K cams and giving their feedback to BMD and us (within limits of their NDA agreements). Obviously there are final details yet to be completed on the BMPC-4K or BMD would have started shipping it by now, but it appears to be close to final form. And there is final BMPC-4K pricing published for all international markets (the GH4 doesn't yet).

Although the GH4 appears to have a unique combination of features valuable to many shooters, and a much lower price for the body-only configuration, the BMPC-4K likewise has a unique combination of features also valuable to many shooters. Their features and pricing are different enough to make direct comparison somewhat of a moot point ("apples & oranges"). They are tools that do different things at different costs. There's no right or wrong.

The existence of the GH4, or whatever Sony, et al, may or may not do, is a moot point. Until actual GH4 camera-original files and hardware system "ecosystem" pricing and compatibility are available it's at least premature to say what's what. For example, exactly which 4K external video recorder is certified compatible with the 4K output of the GH4 external XLR/SDI adapter box, and exactly how much does it cost? We don't know yet.

It also seems likely that the video camera business will be big enough for quite some time to continue accommodating a variety of manufacturers and products. It's a big world out there.

For better or worse, BMD can do quite well business-wise even if they change nothing about how quick or slow they develop & ship products, or the way they communicate with customers. I very much hope they improve both, but I'm not holding my breath.

Meanwhile the BMPC-4K looks to be a better match for my own camera needs for the next 1-3 years. Eventually I may also replace my GH2 & GH3 with a GH4. YMMV.

Theodore Prentice

PostSat Feb 08, 2014 5:31 am

Jason R. Johnston wrote:I honestly don't even want to come here any more

..however

next agressive [rant] in 4.....3.....2.....

Mark Davies

PostSat Feb 08, 2014 10:15 am

The GH4 is NO competition for the BM4K
1)Global shutter
2) Prores
3) Larger sensor.
4) No outboard recorder or expensive breakout box.

Some may argue you can use a speedbooster on the GH4 BUT that's another expense and another two pieces of glass and swirly bokeh but more importantly all your focus marks are out. Imagine a zoom lens with SB with ND with breakout box with HD recorder.

The GH4 is a mistake especially when the future will be all in one solutions.
Mark Davies

David Sandberg

PostSat Feb 08, 2014 12:59 pm

Mark2929 wrote:The GH4 is NO competition for the BM4K

Depends on what you're competing with. I'd rather shoot run and gun and documentary stuff on something like the GH4. But with narrative things with enough time for setup and post I'd probably pick the BM4K (if 4K was a necessity that is. I still prefer the image from my BMCC so far).

Nix

PostSat Feb 08, 2014 1:19 pm

Hello everyone.
Yes. All of us are looking forward to the camera.
Yes. New camera is difficult ; may arise surprises and difficulties.
BMD - great. They created an amazing cameras and now they are on the verge of creating another wonderful camera.
BUT!
Much to ask the administration and developers BMPC4K :
please give us the approximate date of shipment of the camera. In this month? In the next month? Half a year? When?
Nescience is killing us.
Please give approximate dates .
I did pre-order the camera representative BM ( in the my country ) . I'm not intend to abandon the camera.
But... nescience discourages wait.
I really hope for your understanding. And waiting for a reply. Thank you. Sincerely, Andrey Nix.

P.S.: I am sorry for my bad English.

Germy1979

PostSat Feb 08, 2014 1:56 pm

I remember the endless ranting of hatred for BM's late arrival of the 2.5k cams.. 2 years later They've since dropped the price a thousand dollars, they still include a copy of resolve, and you can buy one right now if you want. Thousands of people have had access to these raw cams for well over a year now,.....

& all I've seen are test videos and cats.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostSat Feb 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Germy1979 wrote:... the 2.5k cams ... 2 years later ... all I've seen are test videos and cats.

Where have you looked?

-

Dave Perry

PostSat Feb 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:Where have you looked?

+1
S1H
Hollywood USA 90004
LAcinematographer.com

Will Tejeda

PostSun Feb 09, 2014 6:17 am

Does anyone remember how much time there was between the beta testers of the 2.5k bmcc posting up footage and when it actually was available for shipping ?

And I mean B&H listing it as shipping, since as we all know they had issues after that.
Will Tejeda
DP/Cinematographer

Jason R. Johnston

PostSun Feb 09, 2014 8:45 am

pacman829 wrote:Does anyone remember how much time there was between the beta testers of the 2.5k bmcc posting up footage and when it actually was available for shipping ? And I mean B&H listing it as shipping

It was available May/June, I believe. I didn't order mine until B&H said "now shipping" and that was June. First footage since NAB 2012 was John Brawley's Afterglow footage in July 2012. So, 10 months; almost a year?

Germy1979 wrote:Thousands of people have had access to these raw cams for well over a year now,..... & all I've seen are test videos and cats.

John Brawley uses it as a B cam/2nd unit cam to Arri Alexa on Australian TV shows, Marco Solario uses it sometimes as A cam on certain projects like his feature BMW tuner docu, Frank Glencairn has definitely used it as A cam on at least one short film. Except for Frank's short, you won't find any of these (maybe a trailer) on YouTube or Vimeo, but it's happening. I am a full-time freelancer and since receiving my BMCC, I've used it on several projects and I'm just a nobody shooting indie films and doing local tv/web ad production. And I don't have any pets so no worries there. Lol

brent k

PostSun Feb 09, 2014 9:44 pm

Why would you shoot with the BMC if you have a multimillion dollar budget? The target market for the BMC is the consumer hobbyist market. The only time I would consider using a BMC on a pro shoot, is on an RC drone.

Scott Pultz

PostSun Feb 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Maybe there aren't enough legitimate pre-orders to justify full scale production of this camera...

Marcel Beck

PostSun Feb 09, 2014 9:57 pm

brent k wrote:Why would you shoot with the BMC if you have a multimillion dollar budget? The target market for the BMC is the consumer hobbyist market. The only time I would consider using a BMC on a pro shoot, is on an RC drone.

We've used it along side Alexa's and Red's as a BCam, works great :)
Marcel Beck
Cinematographer & Producer
follow me: @mxbstudios

AdrianSierkowski

PostSun Feb 09, 2014 10:12 pm

Why spend $3K on a camera rental for a day when you can buy the camera outright if it works for the project and spend that money on the more important things like production design, lighting rentals, extra days of shooting ect?

I've a cam'd the 2.5K on 2 Low Budget features with my own Pocket as a B or C. I've also B Cam'd the 2.5K with an Epic, an Alexa, and b Camed the Pocket with S16mm. (it's also been the A Cam a few times).

Don't forget how long films take to make, edit, and more importantly, market.

Also don't forget that when you get into a certain budget level you are dealing with massive politics, liabilities, and insurances.
Adrian Sierkowski
Director of Photography
http://www.adriansierkowski.com
adrian@adriansierkowski.com

Jules Bushell

PostSun Feb 09, 2014 11:37 pm

brent k wrote:Why would you shoot with the BMC if you have a multimillion dollar budget? The target market for the BMC is the consumer hobbyist market. The only time I would consider using a BMC on a pro shoot, is on an RC drone.

The multimillion dollar budget represents only a tiny fraction of productions being done worldwide.

Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Clayton Von Isaacs

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 1:27 am

That is what they said about the RED for Hollywood Productions when it first came out. At first it was used as insert shots and EFX plates to test it and see what a reliable pipeline was for it. A few years later it is used to shoot entire films. When a camera comes out studios will use it for tests like that until they can see what the pipeline is that is reliable. Then they will use it as A cams. Not sure if this will ever be used as A cam until probably more reliable drives get to market but you never know
Clayton Von Isaacs

Dave Perry

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 4:47 am

Actually, the consumer or hobbyist would not know the first thing about how to use this camera, what ProRes, DNxHd, or raw is, nor have the patience to learn Resolve or any program to process raw. It couldn't be further from a consumer camera.
S1H
Hollywood USA 90004
LAcinematographer.com

Paul McMurrick

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 5:32 am

dp351 wrote:

Actually, the consumer or hobbyist would not know the first thing about how to use this camera, what ProRes, DNxHd, or raw is, nor have the patience to learn Resolve or any program to process raw. It couldn't be further from a consumer camera.

Ah, not quite correct. There are plenty of hobbyists on here who have taken the plunge, who shoot in either prores or RAW, and enjoy the learning process, and the fantastic results this produces.

I can vouch for it personally !

brent k

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 5:50 am

I guess what I meant to say was the BMC camera's are still, in my mind, prototypes; Not yet ready for the big leagues. The features and support are a bit lacking for professional use. That being said, I still buy them for home and hobby use, I have the 4k camera on pre-order at B&H as well.

Csaba Nagy

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 6:16 am

2995$....

oh and now shipping... : )
Csaba Nagy
Filmmaker
BMPCC4K

Nix

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 6:34 am

guys, this is a mistake of the site?

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 6:44 am

Woo-hoo! At long last!
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18723

:lol:

-

sean mclennan

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 6:58 am

but no raw? wow...I'm disappointed.

:(

Graham Parker

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 7:02 am

Now that IS good news! I know they've taken a lot of stick for the delays, but the price drop to me is a real nice move. They know they could sell these at $4,000, I don't think anyone complained about the price. But 4k for 3k is even better! Now I don't feel so bad for blowing my accessories budget ;)

No Raw? Sure, I agree that would have been nice but that happened with the pocket camera too so I can't say I'm surprised. 2 months after it started shipping they had raw. If I had to choose between having the ProRes camera now or the camera with RAW but another 2 months of waiting, I'd choose the ProRes now.
http://levelup.geek.nz/ - Rental Gear for New Zealand

Darko Djerich

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 7:08 am

Well done!
Artist
Creative Film Enterprises Pty Ltd
creativefilm.com.au
ARRI Alexa EV, ALEXA Plus, MBP M3Pro, iMac5k i7 48gb AERO 5 OLED rtx3070ti BMD eGPU phase one p40+, UM4.6 ef bmcc ef bmpcc, speed editor, Ultrastudio mini 4k dji Inspire RAW 4K

Margus Voll

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 7:11 am

Price drop could also indicate that there is something in the pipeline also coming out ?
Margus Voll, CSI

http://www.iconstudios.eu
margus (at) iconstudios.eu
IG: margusvoll

AdrianSierkowski

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 7:15 am

There is always something in the pipeline coming out which is why you should only buy what you need when you need it. If you can wait, wait. If you can't, buy.
Adrian Sierkowski
Director of Photography
http://www.adriansierkowski.com
adrian@adriansierkowski.com
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography