Ursa G2 image problem - pic attached

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

vedros

Ursa G2 image problem - pic attached

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 4:45 am

I'm not sure how to describe this issue. Our engineer noticed one of our G2 cams take a random hit on the signal during a show last week. He was monitoring cameras via SDI cable to the ATEM CCP. Camera op saw it too in his viewfinder. They figured it might have been a cable issue and couldn't duplicate it, happened only twice during a three hour show (luckily didn't;t go to air).
Today our DP was shooting with this cam ENG and started getting the same glitch several times. Only cam he had on site, so he shot second takes to be sure he got a good shot. It's like the color channels briefly go out of alignment, if that's a thing.
Anybody ever seen this happen??? Solutions? We just got these three brand new G2 cameras in July.

Thanks
Barry
Attachments
IMG_1397 glitch2.jpg
IMG_1397 glitch2.jpg (537.2 KiB) Viewed 429 times

Jamie LeJeune

Re: Ursa G2 image problem - pic attached

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 11:17 pm

I've never seen that happen. I recommend contacting BMD support and send them one of the camera original files with that issue for them to examine.
www.cinedocs.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4601572/

Jon Hustead

Re: Ursa G2 image problem - pic attached

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 4:28 pm

I think I've got something similar happening very intermittently with my G2, though mine is a little worse with some static too. BM support said it's likely unrepairable, something with the main PCB or sensor readout. Mine's out of warranty so I'm just SOL, hopefully you can get yours fixed or replaced. Curious to hear how it works out for you.
http://jonhustead.com

Return to Cinematography