JuicedLinked adapted for BMCC

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Robert Rioux

JuicedLinked adapted for BMCC

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Unless you buy the JuicedLink BMC338, you'll probably get frustrated by the fact that they are designed to be screwed under the camera. The BBCM has nice holes on top that are perfect to mount the JuicedLink on but it would be upside down. So I decided to do a little surgery on my Juicedlink to reverse the mounting screw. And here's how I did it. (I'm sharing this because I don't want you to go through unscrewing unnecessary screws like I had to do to figure it out). Please note that this will probably cancel your warranty and that I can not he held responsible if you screw up your device! It's actually a very easy procedure but still, don't come crying to me if you do something wrong.

First, remove all the screws indicated by the red circles. (This is on the RA333 model, I assume they are all very similar). Here's the tricky part, the last screw is hidden under the sticker where there's a sign saying not to trash. I cut a small square of the sticker over the screw. Don't try to peel it off!, just cut it with an X-Acto knife. Once this screw is off, the JuicedLink can be taken appart. Then you put the mounting screw upside down and put everything back together. It take 5 minutes to do.

Enjoy!

[img]
JuicedLink.jpg
[/img]
Attachments
JuicedLink.jpg
JuicedLink.jpg (77.26 KiB) Viewed 449 times

Return to Cinematography