BMPCC 6K Viewfinder Eyecups

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Powaysteve

BMPCC 6K Viewfinder Eyecups

PostThu Jan 26, 2023 4:35 am

Hello,
I am new to the Forum. I purchased a used viewfinder for the 6K G2 and it only came with 3 of the 4 rubber eye cups. The one that is missing is the one I really need, the left eye cinema eye cup.

Would anyone know where these eye cups can be purchased? An extensive search of Google only turned up stores in Italy, Australia and New Zealand, none in the United States.

Other options could be that someone who uses the right eye cinema cup could sell me the left eye cinema cup if they don't have a use for it or I could trade the right eye cinema cup that I have (and don't need) with someone who has a left eye cup that they don't need. That would give them a spare right eye cup.

Thank you.

SalopFilms

Re: BMPCC 6K Viewfinder Eyecups

PostSun Jan 29, 2023 6:42 pm

https://bps-tv.co.uk/product/blackmagic-eyecups-for-pocket-6k-pro-evf/

Only one I could find but they do overseas shipping.

carlomacchiavello

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 7:39 am

For my experience (I live in Italy) don’t choose Italy for buying, simply too expansive the shipping cost to out Italy.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

John Brawley

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 7:41 am

Powaysteve wrote:Hello,
I am new to the Forum. I purchased a used viewfinder for the 6K G2 and it only came with 3 of the 4 rubber eye cups. The one that is missing is the one I really need, the left eye cinema eye cup.

Would anyone know where these eye cups can be purchased? An extensive search of Google only turned up stores in Italy, Australia and New Zealand, none in the United States.

Other options could be that someone who uses the right eye cinema cup could sell me the left eye cinema cup if they don't have a use for it or I could trade the right eye cinema cup that I have (and don't need) with someone who has a left eye cup that they don't need. That would give them a spare right eye cup.

Thank you.

Where on this planet are you located? If it’s the US, just get in touch with the US BMD service center.

JB
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

Uli Plank

PostTue Jan 31, 2023 2:42 am

Doesn't Bluestar in Canada offer something for the 6K? I like mine on the UMP 4.6K.
https://www.bluestarproducts.ca
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Jukka Tallinen

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 7:55 am

Stephen, just a heads up, once you get a replacement eyecup its good to gaffer tape it to the viewfinder. Otherwise it is lost on the next shoot.

Uli, I use the Bluestar Oval Ultra Small Eyecushion #6009 Ultrasuede over the bigger eyecup on P6K viewfinder and it works great. Cinegear.nl was kind to send it in an envelope to Finland, 10 euros total. One of the better investments.
www.jukkatallinen.com

Return to Cinematography