T7 shield mount?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Curtis Campsall

T7 shield mount?

PostSat Feb 25, 2023 6:14 pm

I’m rigging up a new to me pocket 4K, do the new Samsung t7 shield drives fit the rig holders made for the t5’s? If not does anyone know of a mounting solution? These seem to be the current approved drives that are most readily available.
Dop16mm on the other forum

dondidnod

Re: T7 shield mount?

PostSat Feb 25, 2023 8:55 pm

No, it's much thicker than the T5.

Try the SMALLRIG SSD Mount Bracket SSD Holder for Samsung T5 SSD, for SanDisk SSD, for SanDisk SSD T5, Compatible with SMALLRIG Cage for BMPCC 4K & 6K, for Z Cam E2 & for Sigma fp - BSH2343, in the cold shoe. It fits my the Sandisk Extreme Pro Portable SSDs and the Samsung T7 Shield SSDs.

Curtis Campsall

PostSat Feb 25, 2023 9:39 pm

Cool, thanks
Dop16mm on the other forum

rick.lang

PostSat Apr 08, 2023 10:31 pm

dondidnod wrote:… the SMALLRIG… SSD Holder for… the Samsung T7 Shield SSDs.

Yes, thanks. Looks more secure than the (free) holder included with the Wise Portable SSD 1 TB!
Rick Lang

carlomacchiavello

T7 shield mount?

PostSun Apr 09, 2023 12:13 pm

If someone gift me ones I can develop for free an holder to print with 3d print ;-)
Or if someone send me a very precise measure to build right shape, I think is not so complex to build a dual clamp to lock that disk.
I not mean the simple height, width but all radius to build same shape and build a real strong clamp for it.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Owens2303

PostMon Apr 10, 2023 2:15 am

this should work, SmallRig Universal Holder for External SSD BSH2343
https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-unive ... h2343.html
In Reviews-
"A little bit pricey and heavy for an SSD holder. It gets the job done though. I was looking for a decent SSD holder that wasn't made for the discontinued T5 by Samsung and this one seemed like the best option. It fits my Samsung T7 Shield (blackmagic recommended SSD) quite well. The adjustable cable clamp is great too. I really like the option to attach it by either the cold shoe or screws, it makes it compatible with most rigs."

rick.lang

PostMon Apr 10, 2023 3:24 pm

Too bad I don’t think it will hold the narrow thin Wise Portable SSD so for the music festival I might need the SmallRig and the Wise holders both mounted. One nice feature of the Wise holder is that it takes up far less real estate on the BMPCC4K cage.
Rick Lang

rick.lang

PostTue Apr 11, 2023 11:25 pm

Just received the SmallRig Universal Holder and it seems to be very well made. The USB-C cable clamp is very adjustable and quite secure and that might be enough to keep my Wise Portable SSD in place although the holder doesn’t squeeze the Wise SSD as it’s just a little too narrow. Probably good enough though since the cable clamp may be good enough in a controlled shoot. The Samsung T7 Shield 2 TB SSD arrives on Friday.

The holder seems expensive, but it’s going to do a fine job for the intended SSDs.
Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography