Zeiss Super Speed MK3 front lens disassembly

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Doriana

PostFri Mar 17, 2023 7:59 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Doriana and I'm a focus puller, I have a set of lenses that my father left me (Zeiss Super Speed MK3), I'd like some advice, I'd like to disassemble the front part of the 18mm, 25mm and 50mm and clean the front glass internally, I wanted know if it is a difficult operation or, with a little caution I could do it, I contacted a technician and he asked me for a lot of money, I would like to do this operation by myself, maybe those who are experts in this operation can give me some advice. Thank you

rick.lang

PostTue Mar 21, 2023 8:17 pm

If you are located in the United States, ask Duclos Lenses in Canoga Park California (northwest San Fernando Valley) about doing the cleaning for you.

https://www.ducloslenses.com
Rick Lang

adcalvetti

Re: Zeiss Super Speed MK3 front lens disassembly

PostTue Mar 21, 2023 9:34 pm

Even small mistakes could knock thousands of dollars off of the value of your set so it's absolutely worth taking them to a lens servicing shop like Duclos. If they haven't seen much use in the past few years, they may benefit tremendously from a general tune up anyway. A professional CLA (cleaning, lubrication, and adjustment) will be a value add to anything you shoot on them and will also help you sell the set if that's something you're considering. I'd keep 'em though ;-)

Return to Cinematography