Broadcast G2 Fold Out LCD

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Mike Ambrose

Broadcast G2 Fold Out LCD

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 2:52 pm

What is the UBG2's fold out LCD's resolution? I can't find it anywhere in published documentation.

Additionally, what frame rate is it running at? I noticed recently that it looks stuttery compared to the EVF. (Everything records properly, it's just the LCD that looks stuttery).

sbraun

Re: Broadcast G2 Fold Out LCD

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 1:21 am

Mike Ambrose wrote:What is the UBG2's fold out LCD's resolution? I can't find it anywhere in published documentation.

Additionally, what frame rate is it running at? I noticed recently that it looks stuttery compared to the EVF. (Everything records properly, it's just the LCD that looks stuttery).

I'm pretty sure it's progressive only. We just shot the ncaa men's hockey elite 8 with it. I had to output 1080i for the broadcast. Which I haven't done with this camera before, and the LCD was terrible. I couldn't follow the puck at all. Very progressive looking image.
I use an external monitor on the front sdi out and that was indeed 1080i.
I did increase the shutter speed to 1/120 to help with the motion blur...but didn't do too much on the LCD.

Return to Cinematography