camera feature request : media switch

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

carlomacchiavello

camera feature request : media switch

PostThu Jun 01, 2023 9:35 am

i would like to enable media support switch when one media is full camera automatically move to other (better if i can choose the order) like i had on my panny or on my fuji.
sometimes i had pocket6k with cfast and ssd mounted, and i would like an automatic switch, also if camera loss few frames, but it will be faster than me to see, select media, restart recording.

rick.lang

Re: camera feature request : media switch

PostFri Jun 02, 2023 9:14 pm

When one card or drive is full the bmOS already switches to an alternate drive.

When you have dropped frames, you can select to stop recording or let it continue to record to the same drive. It seems you would like to identify an alternate card to be used when you encounter dropped frames and don’t want to stop recording.

That could be useful when the alternate card is just as capable as the original drive.

Personally I always Stop Recording so I’m aware something has gone wrong and I need to fix it.
Rick Lang

carlomacchiavello

Re: camera feature request : media switch

PostSat Jun 03, 2023 9:43 am

rick.lang wrote:When one card or drive is full the bmOS already switches to an alternate drive.

When you have dropped frames, you can select to stop recording or let it continue to record to the same drive. It seems you would like to identify an alternate card to be used when you encounter dropped frames and don’t want to stop recording.

That could be useful when the alternate card is just as capable as the original drive.

Personally I always Stop Recording so I’m aware something has gone wrong and I need to fix it.

ok, know i need to investigate why not do it my camera, thanks for info Rick :-D

Return to Cinematography