Toronto area SanDisk Extreme Pro SD card deal

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

archcat

Toronto area SanDisk Extreme Pro SD card deal

PostWed Jan 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Hey All

For those in the Toronto area (GTA) I just bought a 32gb SanDisk extreme pro (95mb/s) at Best Buy for 62.99. Regular price there is 139.99. I had them price match Canada Computer's price. Their policy is to match then take 10% more off.

Here is the link to Canada Computers you will need it.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=050164

Canada Computers is the cheapest place I've been able to find them. I just happened to be in Best Buy and noticed they started carrying them.

Enjoy!

Mark

rick.lang

Re: Toronto area SanDisk Extreme Pro SD card deal

PostThu Jan 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Good find. And Canada Computers has the 64 GB version for $129.99 which seems a good choice.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Blaine Russom

PostThu Jan 30, 2014 7:01 pm

rick.lang wrote:Good find. And Canada Computers has the 64 GB version for $129.99 which seems a good choice.

Rick Lang

Wow thanks for the tip... I wish Sandisk would come out with the 128GB already... 64GB is too small for RAW

archcat

PostThu Jan 30, 2014 8:27 pm

I find Canada Computers to be the cheapest on just about everything by a large margin. Their customer service is horrible, and for the to drive there is hell. But the price is always right.

Mark

rick.lang

PostThu Jan 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Geoff Baxter wrote:I found one quite cheap in Australia, but they would not take my order because they were out of stock. So I found another company who had them, at A$140 each, which is a good price here, but the mongrels wanted A$70 to ship it to me. How can a light weight small item like that cost so much to ship?

I realise they are most likely shipping out of Hong Kong, but haven't these companies ever heard of Postal services?

Geoff, last week it cost me nearly $79 to FedEx a letter from Canada to Colombia. At least I got a signature so I know it was delivered. The post office is cheap but it can take months to deliver, if it arrives at all. It will be the same for your item. No way they are using the post to see it disappear.

Rick Lang
Rick Lang

rick.lang

PostThu Jan 30, 2014 11:53 pm

Excellent results, Geoff. When I lived in Los Angeles, never had a problem with the post office and service was also excellent. Canada to Colombia might be a different story. And my letter needed to arrive quickly.

Rick Lang
Rick Lang

Blaine Russom

PostFri Jan 31, 2014 11:55 am

Geoff Baxter wrote:Yeah, Canada to Columbia might be a very different story. I just needed to have a mini-rant over shipping prices and laziness.

Still trying to resolve my purchase of the SD cards, it turns out their silly shopping cart adds an extra shipping charge for each item bought, rather than consolidating the shipping. So because I went to buy two SD cards with $35 shipping, it made the total shipping $70. Their card price was OK though, at $140 each, but you have to beware with many of the companies who put up pictures of the 95MB/s card and then you find in the small print it is actually the 45MB/s one instead.

Actually i bought these right after I saw this thread.. lol ...it's the 95MB version :)

rick.lang

PostSat Feb 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Geoff Baxter wrote:Yeah, Canada to Columbia might be a very different story. I just needed to have a mini-rant over shipping prices and laziness.

Still trying to resolve my purchase of the SD cards, it turns out their silly shopping cart adds an extra shipping charge for each item bought, rather than consolidating the shipping. So because I went to buy two SD cards with $35 shipping, it made the total shipping $70. Their card price was OK though, at $140 each, but you have to beware with many of the companies who put up pictures of the 95MB/s card and then you find in the small print it is actually the 45MB/s one instead.

Geoff, it's Colombia (not Columbia); I think my wife can be a bit sensitive about that.

Charging two shipping fees when you buy two identical small items is just robbery. No wonder you wanted to complain.

Rick Lang
Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography