BMPCC 6K Pro problem with cameras.

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

ProlandSupport

BMPCC 6K Pro problem with cameras.

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 12:39 pm

Difficulties in the operation of two identical cameras, a slight discrepancy when setting up the camera. Color temperature 6500 kelvin, tone -2
In order to reduce the color of another camera, you have to set a color temperature of 5550 kelvin and a tone of -2 on it.
Then approximately they become similar in color. Here and other settings are identical.
It is necessary to make a significant change in kelvins and tint to roughly equalize the two images.
I use lenses from the same manufacturer:
Sigma ef 50-100, 1.8
Sigma ef 18-35,1,8

rick.lang

Re: BMPCC 6K Pro problem with cameras.

PostThu Jun 08, 2023 3:42 am

That is a large difference in temperature especially given the cameras are the same model. In my last shoot I record raw at 3200K on the BMPCC4K Colour Science Gen 5 and UM4.6K Colour Science Gen 3. In post I bump the Colour Science to Gen 4 and make a correction to temperature of one camera to 2850K and that’s a closer match. I’!! be shooting at a music festival over 3 days this weekend. I expect I’ll follow the same practice.
Rick Lang

roger.magnusson

Re: BMPCC 6K Pro problem with cameras.

PostThu Jun 08, 2023 2:02 pm

Sergey, is that a match made using the video signal (or in post) or is it made using the built-in monitors in the cameras? If the latter, make sure the camera monitors are calibrated first. You can do that in Setup > Calibrate Screen.

Return to Cinematography