Anamorphic Help please

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

tudnofilms

Anamorphic Help please

PostFri Jun 09, 2023 2:11 pm

I recently bought a Sirui 1.25 Anamorphic adaptor for my BMPCC 6K and Sigma 18-35 ART Lens, I thought if I shot using the anamorphic 1.25 setting on the camera all would be well but its not my problem is de-squeezing, I either have really wide footage or tall footage, please can someone help me with some settings etc for de-squeezing

Thanks in advance
BMPCC 6K
DJI ACTION 1 and Mini 2
Sony A7sIII
MacBook Pro
iMac Pro

rick.lang

Re: Anamorphic Help please

PostFri Jun 09, 2023 5:12 pm

tudnofilms wrote:I recently bought a Sirui 1.25 Anamorphic adaptor for my BMPCC 6K and Sigma 18-35 ART Lens, I thought if I shot using the anamorphic 1.25 setting on the camera all would be well but its not my problem is de-squeezing, I either have really wide footage or tall footage, please can someone help me with some settings etc for de-squeezing

Thanks in advance
The camera firmware does not include a 1.25x de-sequeeze option. Selecting the 1.33x de-squeeze will get you close to a normal-looking image so just use that.

In post you can get the proper de-squeeze depending upon your NLE. I use DaVinci Resolve and the Edit / Transform / Zoom control. First un-link the X and Y axis and then enter 0.8 in the Y axis zoom value. Now you’ll see a correct rendering of the frame.
Rick Lang

tudnofilms

Re: Anamorphic Help please

PostFri Jun 09, 2023 5:39 pm

Thanks Rick, I’ll try that
BMPCC 6K
DJI ACTION 1 and Mini 2
Sony A7sIII
MacBook Pro
iMac Pro

Return to Cinematography