BMPCC Lenses & External Battery.

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

De'Andre Bush

BMPCC Lenses & External Battery.

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 5:36 am

Hello all,

I have some more questions because it's almost that time where I'm about to purchase this camera.

I added these three lens to my cart based on reviews and price and wondering will these be great for short films and music videos where there is a lot of handheld movement via Pistol Grip.

Olympus M. 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R Zoom Lens (Black) for Olympus via Amazon

Panasonic Lumix 14mm f/2.5 G Aspherical Lens for Micro Four Thirds via Amazon

RainbowImaging 35MM F1.7 TV Movie Lens + Lens Adapter for MFT M4 via Amazon

Or is there a better lens that's the same price of all these that does it better?
And if it's not to much to ask for, does anyone have an videos of these lens shooting in RAW?

For the external battery question, I've seen some video where people bought a regular external battery 12V and up, and had a long cord coming from it and connected it to the camera. They just had a slack or the battery in their back pocket for longer shoots without switching batteries and it was cheap option.

Do anyone know exactly which parts are needed because they didn't leave what parts they used.

Thanks!

domini829

Re: BMPCC Lenses & External Battery.

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 5:46 am

for the lenses you may want to check the sigma 18-35mm 1.8 (nikon mount) + metabone speedbooster nikon to MFT adapter... this will give you a good wide/mid ultra fast lens.

for battery you may want to check cheesycam.com/diy-blackmagic-pocket-cinema-camera-battery-cable/

adamroberts

Re: BMPCC Lenses & External Battery.

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 6:49 am

The Olympus M. 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R Zoom Lens has no OIS. So it'll need to be on a very solid tripod to avoid any micro jitters.

Might be better to look at the Panasonic 45-200mm as it has OIS.

Return to Cinematography