4k shipping quantities?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

LukeMcKay

4k shipping quantities?

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Has there been any info on how many are ready to ship? I'm kicking myself for not preordering it earlier. If I ordered it through B&H I'm wondering when I will actually have it. Do you guys recommend any other sellers that might be able to produce it faster? Thanks

Scott Pultz

Re: 4k shipping quantities?

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 9:37 pm

LukeMcKay wrote:Has there been any info on how many are ready to ship? I'm kicking myself for not preordering it earlier. If I ordered it through B&H I'm wondering when I will actually have it. Do you guys recommend any other sellers that might be able to produce it faster? Thanks

Good question that nobody will probably have a great answer to unfortunately. B&H and Adorama do not appear to have received/shipped any units yet. I'm not actually sure if any retailers in the USA has them.

andyteel

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 9:59 pm

I was told from my B&H rep that there were 680 in line to receive pre-orders and that their first shipment would be 2000 units. I am one of the 680 hopefully close to the front of that line because I pre-ordered shortly after they announced. At the moment B&H looks like a good line to jump in for us folks in the US.
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) • 2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 • 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 • Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

2X BMPCC 6k Gen 1
ATEM Mini Pro ISO
DaVinci Resolve 18 Studio (Cloud)

rick.lang

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 11:02 pm

andyteel wrote:I was told from my B&H rep that there were 680 in line to receive pre-orders and that their first shipment would be 2000 units. I am one of the 680 hopefully close to the front of that line because I pre-ordered shortly after they announced. At the moment B&H looks like a good line to jump in for us folks in the US.

That is fascinating to hear about their 680 preorders since I think they had mentioned they had 800 preorders for the BMCC. 680 is less than 800, but when those 800 orders were received, people had not had the experience of waiting three-quarters of a year or more to get the camera. I'm sure many people have waited until either the BMPC4K actually began shipping or even until they could go into a retail outlet and see it on the shelf before they purchase it.

So I suspect these numbers bode well for BMD and the BMPC4K that they'll sell comparable numbers to the original cameras... and if raw recording follows shortly as well as some well known firmware upgrades that are highly desired and possibly an optional additional lens mount, it wouldn't surprise me that the BMPC4K becomes their best seller.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Plotzki

PostThu Feb 13, 2014 2:58 pm

I am number 41 and smilling!
Adriano Plotzki
www.youtube.com/hashtagsal

Return to Cinematography