Media for BMCC 6K FF

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

pep0na

Media for BMCC 6K FF

PostMon Dec 04, 2023 5:12 pm

Hello everyone, I was looking for CFexpress type B memory card and I came across these
Silicon Power 2TB CFexpress Type B
at 370 dollars each.
Has anyone tried them on the new camera?
These are the card details
Designed for next-gen photo and video cameras, including DSLR, cinema, and mirrorless cameras, the 2TB CFexpress Type B Memory Card from Silicon Power lets users capture raw and 8K video, as well as raw and continuous photo bursts. It uses the PCIe 3.0 x2 bus to provide maximum read speeds of 1800 MB/s and maximum write speeds of 1600 MB/s, as well as minimum sustained write speeds of 1500 MB/s. This card is also backward compatible with select XQD devices that have received a firmware update to enable compatibility with CFexpress Type B.

Omar Mohammad

Re: Media for BMCC 6K FF

PostThu Dec 07, 2023 11:14 am

pep0na wrote:Hello everyone, I was looking for CFexpress type B memory card and I came across these
at 370 dollars each.
Designed for next-gen photo and video cameras, including DSLR, cinema, and mirrorless cameras, the 2TB CFexpress Type B Memory Card from Silicon Power lets users capture raw and 8K video, as well as raw and continuous photo bursts. It uses the PCIe 3.0 x2 bus to provide maximum read speeds of 1800 MB/s and maximum write speeds of 1600 MB/s, as well as minimum sustained write speeds of 1500 MB/s. This card is also backward compatible with select XQD devices that have received a firmware update to enable compatibility with CFexpress Type B.

Hi. I am using Angelbird Pro SE 512GB and so far I'm happy with them.
MacBook M3 Pro 16”, 18 GPU, 36GB RAM, 1TB | Sonoma 14.5
BMCC6K | Sigma 12-24 f4 | Canon 50 f1.8 | Sigma MC-21 | DJI RS4 Pro
DaVinci Resolve Studio 19 beta 3

Dan Cotreau

PostSat May 25, 2024 5:07 pm

Omar Mohammad wrote:
pep0na wrote:Hello everyone, I was looking for CFexpress type B memory card and I came across these
at 370 dollars each.

Hi. I am using Angelbird Pro SE 512GB and so far I'm happy with them.

Omar,

Did you update your Angelbird Card? Is that necessary? And if so did you do it with an Angelbird card reader or another reader? Thnx.

Omar Mohammad

PostSat May 25, 2024 7:29 pm

Dan Cotreau wrote:Omar,

Did you update your Angelbird Card? Is that necessary? And if so did you do it with an Angelbird card reader or another reader? Thnx.

Hi Dan. Updating the cards is somewhat cumbersome if you're using Mac. I used AngelBird reader, I don't have another one. If it is working properly, I don't think you'd need to update firmware. Contact their support if you have doubts, they respond swiftly.

Edit: there is a b-stock reader, cheaper than brand-new.

https://www.angelbird.com/refurbished/
MacBook M3 Pro 16”, 18 GPU, 36GB RAM, 1TB | Sonoma 14.5
BMCC6K | Sigma 12-24 f4 | Canon 50 f1.8 | Sigma MC-21 | DJI RS4 Pro
DaVinci Resolve Studio 19 beta 3

Dan Cotreau

PostSat May 25, 2024 7:51 pm

Omar Mohammad wrote:
Dan Cotreau wrote:Omar,

Hi Dan. Updating the cards is somewhat cumbersome if you're using Mac. I used AngelBird reader, I don't have another one. If it is working properly, I don't think you'd need to update firmware. Contact their support if you have doubts, they respond swiftly.

Edit: there is a b-stock reader, cheaper than brand-new.

https://www.angelbird.com/refurbished/

Omar thanks for the heads up on that. I went ahead and just grabbed a new one. Figured it would be better to have just in case.

Return to Cinematography