BMCC6K FF - ‘Play’ Not Working

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

adleppard

PostTue Jan 30, 2024 8:25 pm

I just picked up a BMCC6K after running a 4K for almost 5 years. Anyone else facing an issue where pressing ‘play’ instead causes the camera to force clean feed? I’m unable to playback any files on the camera at all, and have to turn it off/on (even then, the camera only successfully shuts off a portion of the time) to bring up the display info again.

Waiting for a response from BM but can’t really afford to be out of a camera when I’ve just purchased it. On 8.3.2, using internally formatted Angelbird CFexpress B cards.

Would love to know if there’s any awareness around it being a known issue, and if there’s any fixes!

TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rick.lang

PostWed Jan 31, 2024 6:01 pm

Try doing a factory reset and if problems persist, try an earlier firmware release and then, if camera improves, apply the latest applicable release.
Rick Lang

juaninamilli

Re: BMCC6K FF - ‘Play’ Not Working

PostTue Mar 19, 2024 3:51 pm

rick.lang wrote:Try doing a factory reset and if problems persist, try an earlier firmware release and then, if camera improves, apply the latest applicable release.

I am having the same issue. A reset only temporarily works. I would love to try an earlier firmware (I'm on 8.3.2), but I can't find anything earlier in the support page. I could be wrong, but it looks like this camera shipped with 8.3.1? Any idea where I could find a download page for this or any other earlier version (if one exists)?

Return to Cinematography