Need help with my BMPCC 6K G2

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Inpudent Cat

Need help with my BMPCC 6K G2

PostSun Mar 10, 2024 12:43 am

Hello everyone and I'm asking for help.
BMPCC 6K G2

I can't remove the lens. Sigma 18-35 art
I press the button, the lens rotates and that’s it.
I understand that the lens is good, but I would like to be able to remove it.
Only a month has passed since I bought the camera, for this reason there was no need to remove the lens.

Problem 2
Cooler.
The camera can lie without power for a day. But as soon as you turn it on, the cooler immediately gains maximum speed. The sound is like a flying Boeing. And if on the street this is not such a big problem, then when shooting indoors it is excluded.
After 30-50 seconds, warm air comes out of the radiators, but I didn’t even turn on the recording.
This happens in all modes. 6K/4K/Full HD Braw\ProRes
Did a full reset. Updated the firmware. Before the update it was 7.9. Nothing helps. :cry:

And yes... great camera. If this camera stops turning on soon, I won't be surprised.
Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Inpudent Cat

Re: Need help with my BMPCC 6K G2

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 9:46 am

Hi all.
After corresponding with BlackMagic technical support, it was decided to take the camera to the service and pay for it with my own money, saying goodbye to the warranty forever. The camera was disassembled and the lens was removed. The reason for the lens jamming was a piece of the bayonet cap that broke off and got stuck. Blackmagic technical support assured that the problem was with the Sigma lens, but as it turned out this was not the case. I am attaching a photo of the cover, it is all damaged. This is the same cover that I received the camera with from the store. Repair cost $100.

Also, in correspondence with BlackMagic technical support, I wrote about a problem with the cooling cooler. What did technical support say? Never mind! They ignored my question twice. Blackmagic is truly magic - They were able to turn a dream into disappointment.
Attachments
IMG_1609.jpg
IMG_1609.jpg (419.53 KiB) Viewed 187 times
IMG_1610.jpg
IMG_1610.jpg (309.17 KiB) Viewed 187 times

Return to Cinematography