6K Pro 12V DC Port specification

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

DerDaniel

6K Pro 12V DC Port specification

PostThu Mar 14, 2024 10:09 am

First : hello from germany - my first post here, today i (hopefully) get my 6K Pro :D

I have a question about the 12V DC port, where i cant find anything about it - does the camera only accept 12V or is there a voltage range, what the camera accepts for an external dc supply? what max current is the camera drawing when it is powered via the 12V port ?

thanks in advance.
with best regards,

Daniel

Michael59

Re: 6K Pro 12V DC Port specification

PostFri Mar 15, 2024 4:23 pm

Hello Daniel , you are going to find that Information in the April 2023 " Installation and Operating Manual " of the Pocket Cameras ..

You go to Page 34 , you'll find a chapter " Custom Solutions " , in which you have all the Information ..

That being said , in my humble Opinion , it is always better not to put too much Voltage on the Input . Of course there is at least one Main Regulator inside .. but the Dissipated Power of a Regulator is : Input Voltage minus Output Voltage , multiplied by the Current ..

More dissipated power means more Stress , and more Heat on the Regulator , not good for safety and also for the Sensor .. less heat , less noise ..

Care must be taken not to do a Polarity Inversion .. a good thing is to use a Low Drop Diode , able to handle the Current ..

Good Luck , Good Filming / Regards / Mike ..

DerDaniel

Re: 6K Pro 12V DC Port specification

PostSat Mar 16, 2024 9:10 pm

Thank you for your help :-)
with best regards,

Daniel

Return to Cinematography