Can I use a V-mount battery while charging it?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

daianem

Can I use a V-mount battery while charging it?

PostTue Apr 02, 2024 12:15 pm

Hello!

I recently got a BMP6K and for now I only have one ZGCINE V99 V mount battery. I've searched everywhere but with no concrete answers.

The battery in question, using a 65W usb-c charger takes about 1.5 hour to charge and lasts about 3 hours in camera.
My question is, could I operate the camera with the v mount connected in the dtap, while charging it trough the usb-c without damaging the battery or camera? Does anyone have any experience on it?

carlomacchiavello

Re: Can I use a V-mount battery while charging it?

PostSun Apr 07, 2024 9:37 am

Mmm I never would risk a process like that.

The only battery I would use during charging is internal pocket battery be cause is process permitted when I would risk to not have enough long time on external battery to allow me to change external and continue to record, this is internal camera process.

but Blackmagic Design itself in the manual suggest to not use internal battery and external power be cause the real use is :
Internal battery for camera, external battery charge internal consuming more energy 30w vs 25w, and do heat problems and not only.

External power that charge battery that you are using… I’m feared that somehow the power charge could create a short circuit and burn something.

I will never do it.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Return to Cinematography