Pocket 6k Pro really loud fan

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

milovanovicmarko

Pocket 6k Pro really loud fan

PostWed Apr 10, 2024 7:25 pm

Hello. I have two 6k pockets and all of a sudden on one fan noise started being really loud. It starts slowly and then becomes louder after a few seconds. I never updated cameras and I just did to the newest software but the problem is still there on that one... Not sure what to do, I tried factory reset only but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Marko

milovanovicmarko

Re: Pocket 6k Pro really loud fan

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 5:48 am

Here is comparision of two Pockets. At around 35 second you can hear highest level of noise, before that is pocket that works fine.

milovanovicmarko

PostFri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 am

Update: Fixed with help of amazing Blackmagic support.

"The steps below may help with resolving the behaviour with your Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro.

The following instructions will activate the firmware recovery mode on your device:
- Please install the latest version of Camera Setup and open the application on your computer.
- Please ensure your device is powered off.
- Next you will need to connect the device via USB to the computer.
- Once the device is connected via USB, please power the unit on whilst holding the autofocus button (second from the top next to the LCD).
- The device will enter recovery mode and you will be able to update the firmware of the unit.
- If you are not prompted to update the unit, please click the circular settings button within the software and then click update.
- Please wait for the update to finish. Once completed the unit should be operational again.
- If this does not work the first time please try again.
- If the firmware recovery does not restore your unit to working order, please let us know and we would be happy to assist you further."

Michel Rabe

PostFri Apr 19, 2024 9:11 am

Thx for posting the solution.

Return to Cinematography