iZotope plans to release RX 11 in May

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

robedge

iZotope plans to release RX 11 in May

PostSat Apr 13, 2024 7:31 pm

Native Instruments subsidiary iZotope is apparently going to release RX 11 in mid to late May. As current RX owners know, this is 7-8 months later than usual. RX 11 should be a major release.

In an e-mail today, iZotope offered up to 50% off RX 10, plus RX 11 for free, if one buys RX 10 between now and May 14.

The website contains the following statement (emphasis added):

Buy RX 10 now and get the equivalent version of RX 11 for free when it launches next month. You’ll get the new version sent straight to your email! Offer expires May 14, 2024.

The discounted price for RX 10 Advanced is US$800, which is 1/3 off. If you’re a current owner, there is no "loyalty” offer in one’s account (at least there isn’t in mine). This promotion is targeted at people who don’t already own RX, and I expect that owners of RX 10 Advanced will see a significantly better price in the coming weeks.

From the website:

rx.jpg
rx.jpg (159.16 KiB) Viewed 630 times
Video Cameras: iPhone, Pocket 4K
Microphones: Schoeps, DPA
Audio Recorder: Sound Devices

Robert Niessner

Re: iZotope plans to release RX 11 in May

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 4:12 pm

Thanks for the info - didn't get the mail.

But this time I'll wait until its out and reviews are in - RX10 got some features never finished.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

robedge

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 5:39 pm

There’s a rumour that the Native Instruments takeover explains some of the delay, and that some of the people working on RX left. I have not seen anything that supports this suggestion.

Mike Potton

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 9:09 pm

Can a mod please move this thread to urrr Resolve maybe? It hasn't got anything to do with BMD cameras or cinematography.

robedge

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 10:49 pm

Mike Potton wrote:Can a mod please move this thread to urrr Resolve maybe? It hasn't got anything to do with BMD cameras or cinematography.

This subform has a long history of threads about sound recording, which of course takes place contemporaneously with camera. iZotope RX is a tool for correcting problems that arise during sound recording. There are a good number of participants in this part of the forum who use RX as a tool, such as myself and Robert Niessner above, and its release has been discussed here without objection in the past.

I thought that this would be a good way to bring the much-delayed release date to the attention of people who use RX, and because there isn’t an obvious alternative. The view count since I posted this earlier today is at 283, which suggests interest within this audience. You are the only person who has objected. If the moderators want to move the thread, fine.

Return to Cinematography