Case/shell for BMPCC

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Dan Hildebrand

Case/shell for BMPCC

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Hey guys,

I recently took my BMPCC on a weeklong trip. Lets say it came out of the trip looking a lot worse than it did going in. The plastic on the back seems to be really susceptible to scratches, and my camera certainly accumulated a lot of those during the trip (even though I tried to be fairly careful with it). The rubberized part of the camera is great and doesn't show any signs of damage, but i'm really OCD about those scratched on the back now (thankfully nothing on the screen itself).

I tried looking, but does anyone know of any type of casing/shell made for the BMPCC that helps to protect it (mainly the back plastic part)?

Thanks guys,
Dan

adamroberts

Re: Case/shell for BMPCC

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 4:35 am

Don't think there are any "shells" but there are various cages available. I have the Viewfactor cages which gives good all round protection.

Dan Hildebrand

PostFri Mar 14, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into them!

Dan Hildebrand

PostFri Mar 14, 2014 8:50 pm

One additional question,

have you used the cage with a speedbooster? Just want to make sure it will fit. I like using the tripod mount on the speedbooster because that takes the weight off the camera itself.

Thanks!

BlackMan

PostFri Mar 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Dan Hildebrand wrote:Hey guys,

I recently took my BMPCC on a weeklong trip. Lets say it came out of the trip looking a lot worse than it did going in. The plastic on the back seems to be really susceptible to scratches, and my camera certainly accumulated a lot of those during the trip (even though I tried to be fairly careful with it). The rubberized part of the camera is great and doesn't show any signs of damage, but i'm really OCD about those scratched on the back now (thankfully nothing on the screen itself).

I tried looking, but does anyone know of any type of casing/shell made for the BMPCC that helps to protect it (mainly the back plastic part)?

Thanks guys,
Dan

I agree. I put mine in my pocket at times and even use a sling but once when mounting on to a shoulder rig I dropped the camera and my rig scraped the back pretty bad.
Matt

Return to Cinematography