Adobe Firefly and AI

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

robedge

Adobe Firefly and AI

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 3:57 pm

Announced at NAB, what interests me is the implications this has for video capture. Will the AI capabilities of DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut and Premiere Pro become a factor in shot planning and execution? Will some cinematographers want to know the respective AI capabilities of all three, and use all three applications? I would think that some clients will be thinking that way. Posted yesterday, this video already has 110,000 views.

Video Cameras: iPhone, Pocket 4K
Microphones: Schoeps, DPA
Audio Recorder: Sound Devices

Omar Mohammad

Re: Adobe Firefly and AI

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 7:37 pm

I would love to see AI object removal. Removing unwanted object and cleaning image in general would be helpful.
MacBook M3 Pro 16”, 18 GPU cores, 36GB RAM, 1TB | Sonoma 14.4
BMCC6K-FF | Sigma 12-24 f4 | Canon 50 f1.8 | Sigma MC-21 Adaptor
DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6

Shawn Miller

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 pm

robedge wrote:Announced at NAB, what interests me is the implications this has for video capture. Will the AI capabilities of DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut and Premiere Pro become a factor in shot planning and execution? Will some cinematographers want to know the respective AI capabilities of all three, and use all three applications? I would think that some clients will be thinking that way. Posted yesterday, this video already has 110,000 views.

IMO, AI will make the "fix it in post" mentality much worse. Instead of carefully planning (for) and testing these capabilities in preproduction and developing an informed understanding of what these tools can and can't do, clients, less knowledgeable producers (et al.) will just assume that anything can be done easily, quickly, and cheaply by anyone with a mac and the right software. It's hard to get people to understand these things now... AI will make VFX easier in some ways but much harder in others. :-)

Shawn
Corporate Video Producer | Independent Filmmaker | Editor | VFX Generalist

VMFXBV

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 10:14 pm

Garbage, unusable uncopyrightable garbage. Hope this crap doesn't come to Resolve ever.
AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
AMD Radeon 7900XTX
Ursa Mini 4.6K
Pocket 4K

Return to Cinematography