Can't get to RAW on Cinema 4K

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

voicesofny

Can't get to RAW on Cinema 4K

PostSun Apr 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi All,

I just got our brand new production camera 4K and now on my second test. I swear that on the first test we were able to chose between prores and raw, but on this latest test I could only choose prores 4k and HD. Am I going crazy? I have an approved SSD card, so don't think its that.

Can anyone help!?

Much love

sean mclennan

Re: Can't get to RAW on Cinema 4K

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 2:20 pm

no, RAW has not been implemented in the 4K camera yet. BM has said they hope to have that firmware update out in the next few weeks.

kingoflions

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 2:41 pm

BM didn't include this feature (that is promised on the website, the advertising and in the camera's tech specs) yet and it is not really shire, when they will be able to deliver a working solution. They said, this will be available in the next month some days ago, but "available" doesn't mean "work properly" and this is why I already returned my cam to my dealer and will not buy the camera until RAW is working and ally he other problems (that do exist!) are solved and until I can verify this at my dealer with exactly the device that is sold.

christian.himmelstrand

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 4:32 pm

Don't worry, they fixed all the issues that BMPCC had, White orb, Black sun, banding.
They will fix the 4K too.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Christian H wrote:Don't worry, they fixed all the issues that BMPCC had, White orb, Black sun, banding. They will fix the 4K too.

Yeah, no rush. I mean, it's only been a year since they announced the cam, and possibly much longer than that since they started developing it.

So no hurry. We'll wait. It's only our money and time BMD is wasting. No biggie.

And, like BMCC owners must wait for BMPC-4K developments, we BMPC-4K owners must get in line behind future owners of the new URSA, and they in turn BMD cams after that, etc. Makes sense, right?

Meanwhile, the O.P. may wish to read, "BMPC-4K: Shooting tips from early users":
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19289

-

Manu Gil

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:
Christian H wrote:Don't worry, they fixed all the issues that BMPCC had, White orb, Black sun, banding. They will fix the 4K too.

Yeah, no rush. I mean, it's only been a year since they announced the cam, and possibly much longer than that since they started developing it.

So no hurry. We'll wait. It's only our money and time BMD is wasting. No biggie.

And, like BMCC owners must wait for BMPC-4K developments, we BMPC-4K owners must get in line behind future owners of the new URSA, and they in turn BMD cams after that, etc. Makes sense, right?

Meanwhile, the O.P. may wish to read, "BMPC-4K: Shooting tips from early users":

-

+1

Howard L Hughes

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:

-

Just return it and buy another camera already.

Return to Cinematography