Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

PaulDelVecchio

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:56 am

wcapps1 wrote:Mine arrived at my house today! Wow, this thing is a beast. It is heavier and more solid than I expected. I am very excited about getting started with it. Good luck guys!

Lucky. Please share with us when you get the chance!
Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
http://www.pauldv.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
http://www.facebook.com/pauldv
http://instagram.com/pdelv
Twitter: @pauldv

AJ.infinite

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 3:14 am

I had a conversation with the dealer that I purchased the camera from, and they are waiting for info just as I am, they check this board for updates too, say they haven't received 1 camera.

The 13stops of D/R hypnotize :shock: is starting to wear off.

In the end, at least I'll have my 3000.00 back.
Last edited by AJ.infinite on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

galbach

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 3:21 am

wcapps1 wrote:Mine arrived at my house today! Wow, this thing is a beast. It is heavier and more solid than I expected. I am very excited about getting started with it. Good luck guys!

Congrats!!! I have been testing mine out a little throughout the day... It is a beast! Post some pics of your rig!

Ram Prakash

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 3:22 am

Congratulations! Enjoy!
Cheers!
Ram Prakash

samuelchristopher

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 4:10 am

Not sure if anybody officially replied to this but earlier I asked Grant or anybody what quantity we can expect once the production line starts again in full or even an half capacity?

I feel so anxious about this now, not sure if Blackmagic actually realise and I'v stayed away from participation in these convos on the forum because they get out of control and nowhere but its all building up and I think I will need to say some stuff soon.

I have a Uni project that needs to be done by Christmas, it's my final year so my result means a lot to my final grade on this one and I've been holding out on shooting anything until I get the BMCC, might seem like bad practise to people and I can already hear people saying you shouldn't rely on equipment or put my hopes on getting it blah blah blah get off your high horses and understand for a second, I've held out because to produce good work you must be enthusiastic about the project you are doing and the thought of shooting another piece of s--- with a 7D is about as exciting as [Insert unexciting activity]. Also the short I want to produce is very visual like a lot of my work so the technical elements of this cameras means a lot to making this work.

I'm sorry but Blackmagic's level of professionalism certainly in communication has been pathetic, you even have delays on your updates. I realise you like to keep your cards close to your jest and maybe for good reason but now you need to be as transparent as possible. It is this unreliability that is making me so anxious and why the growing rumours become more and more likely.

Please could you simply let me know if it is likely that we will soon be getting massive units shipping before Dec? and as I say quantities? and how many shipments are intending to make in a month, once or getting them straight out the door?

Thanks
Last edited by Christine Peterson on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Profanity
Samuel Christopher
@samchristopher
www.samuelchristopher.co.uk

bhook

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 am

Christine Peterson wrote:I'm so sorry for this delay, guys... we're still expecting an update soon.

Sorry Christine but it's bedtime in Texas and as far as I'm concerned, I've been stood up again. I'll check it in the morning but the AM update didn't happen.

wcapps1

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 4:16 am

galbach wrote:

Congrats!!! I have been testing mine out a little throughout the day... It is a beast! Post some pics of your rig!

I will post pics as soon as I get a new base plate screw. Seems like an odd size, nothing I have fits it! 4 different screws and not one fits.
Wayne Capps
Reserve Productions
www.ReserveProductions.com

lefty

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 4:34 am

Hey hey, first post!

Let me just say that I've been hitting refresh like a damn fool these past two hours. Like a damn fool.

On another note, I've read a lot of the posts here, and think the slaggers should lay off slagging. Yes it sucks to have to wait, but what are we waiting for? A completely revolutionary camera that breaks the barriers, crashes the gates, kicks the Bishop in the nuts, then takes a victory lap.

So I'll hit refresh again.

Edit: This is the song I got on the tunesweb while I wait-

David form BMCUSER

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 5:58 am

Not sure why I even bothered checking in for an update. I should know better by now.

Dave Dominguez

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 6:03 am

David form BMCUSER wrote:Not sure why I even bothered checking in for an update. I should know better by now.

we all should. but we're suckers for pain.
https://vimeo.com/daviddominguez

lefty

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 6:06 am

The only reason I pound my thumb with a sledgehammer is because it feels so good when I stop,
Last edited by lefty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeLawson

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 6:07 am

I know Grant has more important things to do than update us. I know he's running a company and working hard to deliver the BMC to us. But it's frustrating that not one promise of an update has arrived on time, not one, it's usually not even close to the one promised. I understand the reasoning and even feel bad complaining (I get annoyed by the folks who are too tough on Blackmagic). I'm sure we'd rather them spend thirty minutes working on fixing the sensor issue than writing an update, but it would be nice if both were possible.

I take it that the lack of a timely update this week is bad news, or no news. If the sensors were looking good they would have updated us. I hope I'm wrong and do appreciate the hard work Christine, Grant and all the BMC folks are doing, but like everyone else, tired of delays and unfulfilled promises.

Sean

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 8:14 am

mhood wrote:
Christine Peterson wrote:I'm so sorry for this delay, guys... we're still expecting an update soon.

Sorry Christine but it's bedtime in Texas and as far as I'm concerned, I've been stood up again. I'll check it in the morning but the AM update didn't happen.

This.
It's almost 1am in LA and I've got work at 8am. Can't wait any longer. Not sure what I expected, but, yet again, I feel let down as the delays continue and promises/dates are broken.
Hopefully no news is good news and they're spending this time fixing the issue.
Sean Scannell
Ordered EF mount from B&H on 08/19/12. Received on 04/12/13.

Costa Louvieris

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 8:25 am

I wouldn't blame Christine guys, she is only relaying the info from Grant. He freely admitted he has told them to wait before. I also like how he said to go easy on the PR peeps because of this... I think it is HE who should go easy on them and let them do their JOB!

Abobakr M. Alshiblie

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 11:49 am

thejasonbee

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Ridiculous.

Hate to imagine when these cameras come out, if warranty work is needed, how well THAT'S gunna go. :roll:

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 1:24 pm

thejasonbee wrote:Ridiculous.

Hate to imagine when these cameras come out, if warranty work is needed, how well THAT'S gunna go. :roll:

Not sure this is any way an indiation of how warranty work might go.

The Post part of this forum is much more frequently visted by people who can actually help from BM. Not in itself a good indicator but a better one of how they deal with you once you have the product.

Costa Louvieris

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:07 pm

Blackmagic design should be renamed BMDABMD! Let's play a game whilst we wait forever for this thing... what does BMDABMD stand for?

Whitehorsevideo

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Christine,
Perhaps we could just put our email on a list and get emailed when there's news. It's a waste of time plowing through all these angry ranters just to find "Soon, soon".
Just had to rent a camera again for a gig. I want to KEEP that money. Help pay for this box of lenses and SSDs I keep tripping over...

Tom

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Whitehorsevideo wrote:Christine,
Perhaps we could just put our email on a list and get emailed when there's news. It's a waste of time plowing through all these angry ranters just to find "Soon, soon".
Just had to rent a camera again for a gig. I want to KEEP that money. Help pay for this box of lenses and SSDs I keep tripping over...

this is a VERY good idea.

I would also like this.
Tom Majerski
Colourist at Tracks and Layers
http://www.Tracksandlayers.com
Motion Graphics - Colour Grading - VFX

Luke Armstrong

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Tom wrote:

this is a VERY good idea.

I would also like this.

Yes, tell me where to sign up so I do some work!
Luke Armstrong - Digital Compositor
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4274789/

Peter Östlund

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:55 pm

I am on, dudes.

Christian Schmeer

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 3:44 pm

I like the idea, too, but it wouldn't make sense setting up if BMD will post an update within the next few hours or day. A mailing list would be great for future updates though.
Christian Schmeer - DP / Colourist
www.christianschmeer.com
www.vimeo.com/christianschmeer

nevsvanlooy

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 3:47 pm

+1
www.nevsvanlooy.be

Jesuan Soriano

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 3:56 pm

then all the mails would be delayed.....

I hate they promise to update and then say nothing. That's irresponsible and unrespectful to costumers and members of this forum. Even if they have nothing to say. JUst say it. But silences when you promised an update one week ago is unrespectful. I love BMCC but now all my enthusiasm is going down. I'll rent cameras when somebody ask me for a job. And that will be a FS100.

Jesus
Jesus Soriano

Gert Vandoninck

PostTue Apr 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Are their update's regarding leadtime of the Cinema camera ? It will be more then a year next month since we ordered the first one.

Doug Guerra

PostTue Apr 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Not to contribute to this thread necromancy, but seeing this bumped got me excited...

danielenervald

PostTue Apr 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Still no words for you guys?!
I canceled my order a long time ago... Put 100bucks in the bank for every month you have to wait and you have a RED before you get your BMCC!
Say what you want but atleast the exist!

Rakesh Malik

PostWed May 01, 2013 3:18 am

I was at my vendor today... they actually have EF mount models available for purchase. (One rep almost tried to sell me one until he learned that I have an MFT model on order.)

That means that if they weren't totally full of it in their last few updates, we'll be seeing them soon.

I hope they weren't full of it.
Rakesh Malik
Cinematographer, photographer, adventurer, martial artist
http://WinterLight.studio
System:
Asus Flow X13, Octacore Zen3/32GB + XG Mobile nVidia RTX 3080/16GB
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

Allenlavoiee

PostMon May 20, 2013 9:27 am

Thank You for giving this useful information.

Jace Ross

PostMon May 20, 2013 11:16 am

danielenervald wrote:Still no words for you guys?!
I canceled my order a long time ago... Put 100bucks in the bank for every month you have to wait and you have a RED before you get your BMCC!
Say what you want but atleast the exist!

The scarlet took a long time to come about, a lot longer than the BMCC from memory.
BMPCC, FD Canon 28mm f2.8, Tokina 80-200mm F4, Tamron 70-300mm f4 C Canon J6x12 MFT SLR Magic 17mm T1.6, Sigma 19mm f2.8, Samyang 7.5mm f3.5
Rode VideoMic, Viewfactor Cage/Handle/Grip/Perspex backing

John Bartman

Previous

Return to Cinematography