Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

AJ.infinite

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks wrote:
mhood wrote:
RobertGreenberg wrote:HI All,

G&G has ONE camera in stock for sale. First come. The price is $2995.00 Free Shipping.

http://www.ggvideo.com/bm_cinemacamera.php

Robert Greenberg
G&G Technologies Inc.
201 791 1400
800 422 2920

Good Luck.

It's just my opinion but I find it insulting to anyone who has preordered and/or prepaid for a BMC to still be w8ing while any dealer anywhere is getting a BMC to sell over the counter. Isn't this obviously wrong?

I would be seriously suprised if BMD had much knowledge of pre-order lists anywhere. They will have orders from the resellers.

Doesnt make it kosher, and the retailer may be pulling a fast one, but unlike the continual delays not sure BMD can be pulled up on this one.

A bit more info from either side would be nice here. How many did the company recieve (prob need to come form the reseller then be confirmed by BM), have they ever taken any pre-orders, do they even accept them, have they lost any, have they fufiled any.

Site says they take 25% deposits. 749.00

Abobakr M. Alshiblie

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 5:01 pm

mhood wrote:It's just my opinion but I find it insulting to anyone who has preordered and/or prepaid for a BMC to still be w8ing while any dealer anywhere is getting a BMC to sell over the counter. Isn't this obviously wrong?

I FEEL YOU you man.. Imagine, been waiting over six months for my order and still counting, once a while i would just keep hearing stuffs like these, it rips me apart from the inside and sheared me into little tiny pieces!! man, it is so much hurting!! Seriously, Blackmagic, this is so unfair!! my dealer has not yet received any order from you not a single order and you keep just sending these cameras to dealers who have no back orders to fulfill!! I love you guys but stuffs like these makes me just....!!

bhook

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 5:12 pm

The lucky buyer should resist opening the box and stick it up on ebay with a starting bid of $5,500.00 USD. He would then get his preordered BMC for free. Anything goes ya'll...this is Bartertown. :lol:

Albert N. Romero

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Not fair mhood, of course...

Prepare yourself for the european way for geting things:

"Hi reseller, ill give u 500€ more if i get the camera first"
"But we have 100 preorders, we cant do that"
"Ill give you 600€"
"done"

wcapps1

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 pm

mhood wrote:The lucky buyer should resist opening the box and stick it up on ebay with a starting bid of $5,500.00 USD. He would then get his preordered BMC for free. Anything goes ya'll...this is Bartertown. :lol:

If I didn't really need it I would!
Wayne Capps
Reserve Productions
www.ReserveProductions.com

bhook

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Please forgive my Bartertown reference...In Bartertown, if you busted a deal you faced the wheel. ;)

Tom Sefton

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 5:49 pm

RobertGreenberg wrote:HI All,

G&G has ONE camera in stock for sale. First come. The price is $2995.00 Free Shipping.

http://www.ggvideo.com/bm_cinemacamera.php

Robert Greenberg
G&G Technologies Inc.
201 791 1400
800 422 2920

Good Luck.

Sorry Sold.

You have got to be f@&)ing KIDDING ME!
Tom Sefton
Owner
Pollen Studio
www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Has anyone opened a book on when the announcement will come,.

If not I propose 30 minute slots, referenced to UTC/GMT (my book my rules and anyway fairly standard way of referencing international times).

We might as well get some friendly competion going on to pass the time :P

Now we just need BM to suplly a BMCC as a prize...... :P

Luke Armstrong

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks wrote:Has anyone opened a book on when the announcement will come,.

If not I propose 30 minute slots, referenced to UTC/GMT (my book my rules and anyway fairly standard way of referencing international times).

We might as well get some friendly competion going on to pass the time :P

Now we just need BM to suplly a BMCC as a prize...... :P

Tuesday 11.30pm GMT!
Luke Armstrong - Digital Compositor
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4274789/

Tom Sefton

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Saturday 10am GMT
Tom Sefton
Owner
Pollen Studio
www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Luke Armstrong

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Pollenstudio wrote:Saturday 10am GMT

Yeah probably more likely lol.

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Wednesday 0030 GMT

bhook

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Next Monday 4:30PM CST.

Luke Armstrong

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 6:12 pm

mhood wrote:Next Monday 4:30PM CST.

April 13, 2013 @ 11.30 - end of NAB.

"Oh by the way, we're still having problems with the glass" :D

Just kidding...
Last edited by Luke Armstrong on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bhook

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Luke Armstrong wrote:
mhood wrote:Next Monday 4:30PM CST.

April 13, 2013 @ 11.30 - end of NAB.

"Oh by the way, we're still having problems with the glass" :D

...or when this thread tops 100 posts...or gets shut down...whichever comes first. :D

Soeren Mueller

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 6:32 pm

albertnromero wrote:Not fair mhood, of course...

"Ill give you 600€"
"done"

LOL :twisted:

By the way.. anyone in Europe or better Germany that already received one and would be willing to rent (for a little corporate shoot)?

Costa Louvieris

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Hoping 5am Tuesday morning GMT, but more likely Friday with the usual "still not happy with the glass" routine.

grinleon

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 7:18 pm

I think that they did on us some kind of black magic.
Leon Grin

Jesuan Soriano

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 8:39 pm

I think on november, 23th. I can not tell the hour as problably it will be later :D
Sigh....this camera is so great but waiting is .......

Jesus
Jesus Soriano

Goldfinch

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Sorry BMC.. you are super nice, but I switched to RED ONE and really happy to purchase a cam I've been dreaming of. Maybe I'll take BMC as the second camera someday, maybe with bigger sensor.

BMC could have been a revolution if we had it available before November. But the delay killed the rush, and now as I think only bigger sensor can change the situation.

Costa Louvieris

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Goldfinch wrote:Sorry BMC.. you are super nice, but I switched to RED ONE and really happy to purchase a cam I've been dreaming of. Maybe I'll take BMC as the second camera someday, maybe with bigger sensor.

BMC could have been a revolution if we had it available before November. But the delay killed the rush, and now as I think only bigger sensor can change the situation.

I have to probably agree with you:(

Jason Davis

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 pm

LOL that camera from G&G sold in 12 seconds

Albert N. Romero

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Soeren Mueller wrote:

"Ill give you 600€"
"done"

By the way.. anyone in Europe or better Germany that already received one and would be willing to rent (for a little corporate shoot)?

No, there is nothing in germany as far i know.
I not speak w my reseller (medienwerstatt) since a long time but i think they still having the same info: nothing

MikeC

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Start the "Hunger Games" for a BMCC!

Liam

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 pm

albertnromero wrote:
Soeren Mueller wrote:

"Ill give you 600€"
"done"

No, there is nothing in germany as far i know.
I not speak w my reseller (medienwerstatt) since a long time but i think they still having the same info: nothing

Frank has one and he's in Germany.

bhook

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Did Frank's go through a reseller or did he get his directly from BMD in their early distribution to a few "prominent bloggers"?

Soeren Mueller

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Liam wrote:
albertnromero wrote:No, there is nothing in germany as far i know.

Frank has one and he's in Germany.

Yeah I think Frank and Sebastian Wiegärtner are the only two.. plus I know that a few accessories companies got one for a few days to test, that seems to be all. :(

Man.. so many of them at IBC in September.. we should have staged a heist back then ;)

@mhood .. afaik from BMD directly under the "prominent blogger program" :twisted:

And I guess these "prominent blogger" cams are sort of "prohibited" from being rented out... or not?

Christian Schmeer

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 11:14 pm

I really hope BMD will have some good news soon :?
Christian Schmeer - DP / Colourist
www.christianschmeer.com
www.vimeo.com/christianschmeer

wcapps1

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 12:52 am

Jason Davis wrote:LOL that camera from G&G sold in 12 seconds

How crazy is that! I guess it payed off being neurotic and checking the board so often! I was shock and I thought the guy was going to cancel my order because I kept asking, "OK, so you actually have one in stock." I was kind of scared it was a scam but the tracking number came in tonight. Crazy!
Wayne Capps
Reserve Productions

bhook

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 1:06 am

wcapps1 wrote:I was kind of scared it was a scam but the tracking number came in tonight. Crazy!

Just because you get a camera does not make what G&G is doing any less of a scam. It is a scam of the entire BMC preorder process and a scam of all of BMD's many customers who were persuaded to participate in the preorder process. I'm glad you'll get your camera but it's still very much a scam.

wcapps1

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 1:24 am

mhood wrote:
wcapps1 wrote:I was kind of scared it was a scam but the tracking number came in tonight. Crazy!

Just because you get a camera does not make what G&G is doing any less of a scam. It is a scam of the entire BMC preorder process and a scam of all of BMD's many customers who were persuaded to participate in the preorder process. I'm glad you'll get your camera but it's still very much a scam.

The whole preorder system is nothing but a marketing scam man. Trust me, it is what I do. Get people to order by hyping something that they can't have. Then we all want one! That is marketing 101 and why the camera was announced in April. They get us emotionally invested in a product that we need/want. That is just called business and that sends sales through the roof. Almost every industry out there does it. Not saying it is right at all but that is just business. I was just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.
Wayne Capps
Reserve Productions

bhook

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 1:29 am

wcapps1 wrote:
mhood wrote:

The whole preorder system is nothing but a marketing scam man. Trust me, it is what I do. Get people to order by hyping something that they can't have. Then we all want one! That is marketing 101 and why the camera was announced in April. They get us emotionally invested in a product that we need/want. That is just called business and that sends sales through the roof. Almost every industry out there does it. Not saying it is right at all but that is just business. I was just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

I'm not about to dispute that fact. And yes, you seem to have won the scam. Good for you. I'm glad we both agree that it's a scam.

Ryan Best

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 2:45 am

MANUFACTURING = BLACKMAGIC DESIGN
PRE-ORDERS = RESELLERS

Congratulations to Wayne on his camera - GREAT STORY - Just make sure you share some of your work with us! In the meantime, the wait continues... ONLY GRANT CAN SAVE US NOW

emotioncreations

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 6:24 am

Dear Grant,

We understand your frustration and partake the concern for the consequences of what is happening with the sensors of Blackmagic Cinema Camera.

We also appreciate that you are keeping us updated with a detailed explanation of the problem and the solutions you are thinking out to solve it.

On the other side we are very perplexed that your Company has been widely advertising the Cinema Camera without apparently checking the reliability of all suppliers of the parts needed to build a Cinema Camera on a large scale production.

You will probably remember that this is not the first time that a failure in a vital component needed for the design of a Blackmagic product leaded you to redesign the entire project around a different chipset.

I mean the Multibridge Studio, if I remember well.

So, while the ideas, the work, and the diligence of all your staff have been always working in synergy to create excellent products, maybe your marketing department could reflect a little bit more before broadly announce a revolutionary product like Blackmagic Cinema Camera is expected to be in the near future.

Kind regards,

Pierfrancesco Armati

Costa Louvieris

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 11:27 am

OK it's 22:25 in Melbourne and "early next week" is quickly fading... maybe they meant mid/late next week? I think we should always add on a few days when BMD mentions weeks and add on months if not years when they mention months...

nevsvanlooy

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 11:59 am

Costa wrote:
Goldfinch wrote:Sorry BMC.. you are super nice, but I switched to RED ONE and really happy to purchase a cam I've been dreaming of. Maybe I'll take BMC as the second camera someday, maybe with bigger sensor.

I have to probably agree with you:(

I'm thinking exactly the same thing... probably will not see this camera untill April 2013 while preordering April 2012... Could have saved money & customers with another choice of camera.
www.nevsvanlooy.be

Felix Steinhardt

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 1:29 pm

I´ll wait for this update but this is the critical one. If the old supplier gets the glass right it will be foreseeable that we will get our cameras soon but if the problem persists...sorry, then there is no trickle und no ramping up soon. In that case BMD should cancel it and develope a new one with a bigger, working sensor.

Cameron Mckinlay

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Felix Steinhardt wrote:I´ll wait for this update but this is the critical one. If the old supplier gets the glass right it will be foreseeable that we will get our cameras soon but if the problem persists...sorry, then there is no trickle und no ramping up soon. In that case BMD should cancel it and develope a new one with a bigger, working sensor.

+1
Cameron Mckinlay

bhook

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Folks, I'm not trying to be a wet blanket but we don't know what "ramping up" means...

Luke Armstrong

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 3:38 pm

mhood wrote:Folks, I'm not trying to be a wet blanket but we don't know what "ramping up" means...

Right - I think a lot of people have this idea that BMD are going to be able to manufacture hundreds to thousands each week. Whilst that would be nice there is no information to say as such, it is merely implied...

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 4:06 pm

mhood wrote:Folks, I'm not trying to be a wet blanket but we don't know what "ramping up" means...

Indeed, I do recall somewhere something about a couple a day or week at the moment. This doesnt tell us much about what the peak production capcity is or what the intended day to day output is once backlog is met.

Have had a meeting with a potential invetor who's suggesting a baby RED is not out of the question, so the BMCC is losing its hold on me. Just having to run the numbers. Not that a BMCC wouldn't make a fine B cam to one.

Costa Louvieris

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Luke Armstrong wrote:

Right - I think a lot of people have this idea that BMD are going to be able to manufacture hundreds to thousands each week. Whilst that would be nice there is no information to say as such, it is merely implied...

Exactly, I doubt BMD can produce more than a hundred a month AT BEST.

Luke Armstrong

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Costa wrote:
Luke Armstrong wrote:

Exactly, I doubt BMD can produce more than a hundred a month AT BEST.

I don't want to second guess what BMD is or isn't capable of - I'd just like some sort of inclination or hint from Grant or one of his engineers based on the facts as to what we should expect.

I appreciate the sensitivity of the information so no one expects actual numbers, however some retailers are reporting that all pre-orders globally will be fulfilled within the coming weeks, whilst others suggest this won't happen until the end of January.

Eric Santiago

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 6:43 pm

retailers are a tricky bunch.
if they had a stock of "other" brands waiting to be purchased, then why not say "no BMCC" for awhile.
Im not saying its the norm but it has happened in sales.

bhook

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 6:46 pm

The Internet is really changing things like reseller's games. If someone gets a BMC in NZ, we know about it in Texas now. Yes, reputations are being built here and this place has an incredible memory...

PaulDelVecchio

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Eric Santiago wrote:retailers are a tricky bunch.
if they had a stock of "other" brands waiting to be purchased, then why not say "no BMCC" for awhile.
Im not saying its the norm but it has happened in sales.

Exactly. I had someone tell me they already got in 11 (this was the end of October) and then they told me to call back Nov 6th so I did. He then told me the Friday before (Nov 2nd) they got 25 in but sold out. He told me that if I called on Nov 2nd, I could have received one.

Frankly, I think he's full of s---. Some retailers are just trying to make themselves look good. I know it's impossible because there are so many, but I wonder if BMD would be interested in knowing which of their resellers are lying to make themselves look good, and which ones are honest. There are a lot of people bending the truth or straight out lying in order to make themselves look better.
Last edited by Christine Peterson on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Profanity
Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
http://www.pauldv.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
http://www.facebook.com/pauldv
http://instagram.com/pdelv
Twitter: @pauldv

Eric Santiago

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Paul I doubt they got any.
Like mhood states, with the internet, you can smell crap from a far.

Sean

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 pm

I just spoke with B&H, here's the transcript to our conversation. I know that SOME people have received them...

You have been connected to Chris H.
Chris H: Hello Sean. My name is Chris, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Sean : Hello, I ordered a black magic cinema camera back in July and I was wondering when I could expect to see it.
Chris H: Hi - We are all still waiting currently we do not have a Ship date from Black Magic at this time. Black Magic is still working on it.
Sean: Do you have any information about how many people ordered before me? Just trying to figure out how long I'll be waiting once they start shipping in volume
Chris H: The camera has not shipped at all yet. Only a few Bloggers have the camera now.
Sean: B&H has received no cameras yet?
Chris H: I'm sorry to say No - The Black Magic camera is not shipping to customers yet
Sean: :(
Sean: Okay. Thank you
Chris H: No Problem - We all have been waiting a long time.
Sean: Just out of curiosity, have a bunch of people pulled their pre-order due to the lack of information/long wait?
Chris H: I do not think so but it is something that some customers may choose to do if they acquire other camera models. This delay is sort of typical with Black Magic, But they at least want to ship a product that is working 100%
Chris H: Is there any other way I may help?
Sean: I think that's it.
Sean: Thank you for your time

I don't mean to start more rumors, just saying that no one (still) has anymore information. Boo.
Last edited by Sean on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Scannell
Ordered EF mount from B&H on 08/19/12. Received on 04/12/13.

bhook

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Again, the Internet changes the reseller's game. We know for a fact that several customers have received a BMC from B&H. Your customer representative is honesty challenged. :D

David

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Jakes on it.
Attachments
chinatown-sold copy.jpg
chinatown-sold copy.jpg (348.19 KiB) Viewed 16562 times
David Daniel
Dilettante
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography