Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Jarrett Craig

  • Posts: 18
  • Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 7:22 pm

My line in the sand is the next two weeks. Upcoming projects require rentals anyways because of high speed requirements. NAB is too close now, the best thing about this scenario is all of the big manufacturers have sat up and recognized this price/value market. Only cool things ahead.

I hope it's good news next update.
Offline

Cameron Mckinlay

  • Posts: 106
  • Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:31 am
  • Location: Touring the World

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Jarrett wrote:My line in the sand is the next two weeks. Upcoming projects require rentals anyways because of high speed requirements. NAB is too close now, the best thing about this scenario is all of the big manufacturers have sat up and recognized this price/value market. Only cool things ahead.

I hope it's good news next update.


Your absolutely right. If BMD can't get their act together by NAB, other, more proficient and capable companies will see the hype and lack of delivery and capitalize on BMD's failed attempt and release a better camera at a better price.
Good try BMD. Better luck next time.
Cameron Mckinlay
Offline

Kholi Hicks

  • Posts: 703
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 9:09 pm

cmckinlay wrote:
Jarrett wrote:My line in the sand is the next two weeks. Upcoming projects require rentals anyways because of high speed requirements. NAB is too close now, the best thing about this scenario is all of the big manufacturers have sat up and recognized this price/value market. Only cool things ahead.

I hope it's good news next update.


Your absolutely right. If BMD can't get their act together by NAB, other, more proficient and capable companies will see the hype and lack of delivery and capitalize on BMD's failed attempt and release a better camera at a better price.
Good try BMD. Better luck next time.



In my experience, paying attention to NAB's year after year, I'd have to say a solid no to that. Likely there wont' be any other company pining to take advantage of the ungrateful three-thousand dollar sector of this niche market. If anything, don't be surprised if any of the companies that WOULD consider it haven't been looking at this board and having their minds changed by the "customers".

Additionally, GoPro's tied up I'd like to think with their camera release, RED would maybe bring back 3K for $3K but it would have to be a lesser product than Scarlet in general to not make people mad, and who else can you look to for a new camera?

Digital Bolex?

Okay then...

I'd say Good Job BMD for not shutting this board down and owning up to not being able to make their dates, yet still trying... and for those that just can't comprehend the situation... learn to exercise [extreme] patience, maybe try to go and shoot something.

It goes a long way in other walks of life.
Kholi Hicks
Offline
User avatar

Jason R. Johnston

  • Posts: 1615
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:05 am
  • Location: Harlingen, TX

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Kholi wrote:
cmckinlay wrote:If BMD can't get their act together by NAB...



In my experience, paying attention to NAB's year after year, I'd have to say a solid no to that. Likely there wont' be any other company pining to take advantage of the ungrateful three-thousand dollar sector of this niche market. If anything, don't be surprised if any of the companies that WOULD consider it haven't been looking at this board and having their minds changed by the "customers".

Additionally, GoPro's tied up I'd like to think with their camera release, RED would maybe bring back 3K for $3K but it would have to be a lesser product than Scarlet in general to not make people mad, and who else can you look to for a new camera?

Digital Bolex?

Okay then...

I'd say Good Job BMD for not shutting this board down and owning up to not being able to make their dates, yet still trying... and for those that just can't comprehend the situation... learn to exercise [extreme] patience, maybe try to go and shoot something.

It goes a long way in other walks of life.


+1
Jason R. Johnston
Cinematographer • Director • Editor • Thread Killer • Based in Texas
Fifty Oars Motion Pictures
Offline

Cameron Mckinlay

  • Posts: 106
  • Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:31 am
  • Location: Touring the World

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Kholi wrote:
cmckinlay wrote:
Jarrett wrote:My line in the sand is the next two weeks. Upcoming projects require rentals anyways because of high speed requirements. NAB is too close now, the best thing about this scenario is all of the big manufacturers have sat up and recognized this price/value market. Only cool things ahead.

I hope it's good news next update.


Your absolutely right. If BMD can't get their act together by NAB, other, more proficient and capable companies will see the hype and lack of delivery and capitalize on BMD's failed attempt and release a better camera at a better price.
Good try BMD. Better luck next time.



In my experience, paying attention to NAB's year after year, I'd have to say a solid no to that. Likely there wont' be any other company pining to take advantage of the ungrateful three-thousand dollar sector of this niche market. If anything, don't be surprised if any of the companies that WOULD consider it haven't been looking at this board and having their minds changed by the "customers".

Additionally, GoPro's tied up I'd like to think with their camera release, RED would maybe bring back 3K for $3K but it would have to be a lesser product than Scarlet in general to not make people mad, and who else can you look to for a new camera?

Digital Bolex?

Okay then...

I'd say Good Job BMD for not shutting this board down and owning up to not being able to make their dates, yet still trying... and for those that just can't comprehend the situation... learn to exercise [extreme] patience, maybe try to go and shoot something.

It goes a long way in other walks of life.


Well when you look at the history of NAB you should see the pretty consistent price drop and image quality increase. Of course because of the evolution of technology etc has fuel that progression. I guess my post wasn't clear enough. My point was that if BMD cannot fulfill the pre-orders by NAB which may or may not happen. The hype will be dead and something better and cheaper will hopefully be revealed. With the low prices of manufacturing and production etc. It will be very simple for a company to easily take all of BMD's customers away. whether any company will, is another story.

When you look at the history of NAB and cameras... things move pretty fast. The DSLR boom really made the camera industry make higher quality images, at a more affordable price and that trend has been continuing year by year. Now with the DSLR's capable of Clean HDMI out and higher Mbps etc, The natural evolution is 2k+ DSLR's...or at least I am hoping. They need to keep moving forward and thats the only natural next step. Canon's 1DC won't be selling like hot cakes I imagine at $15k for the body so they will most likely need to lower the price to stay competitive especially with RED's recent price drop. And Bolex won't be ready either way. I would love for BMD to magically be able to fulfill all preorders in the next month or 2 but I think we all know that won't happen.

I feel for all the guys on this board that sold their other cameras to fund this camera and have been stuck without anything to shoot with and are forced to rent for the last 6+ months.
Cameron Mckinlay
Offline

Cameron Mckinlay

  • Posts: 106
  • Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:31 am
  • Location: Touring the World

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 9:56 pm

I understand your point about "who else can we look to for a new camera". None of us know. Look at BMD, none of us expected them to release or announce, rather, their camera. I agree, GoPro is out, but even then, they don't make 'cinema grade cameras'. I doubt RED will release anything new. I am leaning towards the major players in the camera industry to come out with cameras that compete with BMCC.
I might just be talking hogwash...but we can all just hope right.
Cameron Mckinlay
Offline

Kholi Hicks

  • Posts: 703
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Mmnnn but you're referring to MOore's Law and attributing the trickle of advancements to that. Jim Jannard proved that the industry of image acquisition hardware had been ready for high resolutions, but the manufacturers were holding back (For whatever reason, which some were actually valid to be honest).

IN this scenario, where BMD is trying to fulfill orders on a camera that's quite over-spec'd in the image department when you compare it to today's hardware (Edit: in the same price range and slightly over in fact) I'm saying that it's likely not to happen if you glance back at the last ten years and graph the advancements from each manufacturer.

On the high end, Sony is literally just now catching up to RED, an upstart (with a lot of money, granted) in terms of price, performance, features. And that camera isn't even out until next year.

So, yeah, likely not to happen unless it's GoPro or RED and with those things that I mentioned in the post being caveats. 3K for $3K, but at the expense of not performing as well as the elder brothers (Scarlet the middle child who's got some strange tendencies, and Epic the older brother).

It would be good for the hype to peter out a smidge, that way people will settle down and just do what they have to do today. THen when cameras are out there in droves, the hype will return.

Seriously, it's worth the wait. A hard wait indeed, but it is. =]
Last edited by Kholi Hicks on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kholi Hicks
Offline

Kholi Hicks

  • Posts: 703
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 pm

cmckinlay wrote:I understand your point about "who else can we look to for a new camera". None of us know. Look at BMD, none of us expected them to release or announce, rather, their camera. I agree, GoPro is out, but even then, they don't make 'cinema grade cameras'. I doubt RED will release anything new. I am leaning towards the major players in the camera industry to come out with cameras that compete with BMCC.
I might just be talking hogwash...but we can all just hope right.


Yes, very good point. BMD does come out of nowhere with a very bold statement.

You'd have to consider who they are, though and compare. What other companies that are heavily invested in either the acquisition or delivery sections of motion picture have the kind of capital that Blackmagic or RED (citing companies that are not or were not known to make cameras, but had a starting point in other areas of production already) have?

GoPro's the only one that comes to mind, and remember they're manufacturing small crash cams that are pretty excellent for what they do.

Who knows, though? xD I may bet he one talkin' hogwash.

Speaking of NAB... I'm actually kind of tired of anticipating the next big thing. Grrr. Takes so much energy to want for the gear! Too much, in fact... that could be used for greater good... like making a sweet ice cream cake or writing better scripts.
Kholi Hicks
Offline

Costa Louvieris

  • Posts: 343
  • Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:06 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Kholi wrote:
cmckinlay wrote:
Jarrett wrote:My line in the sand is the next two weeks. Upcoming projects require rentals anyways because of high speed requirements. NAB is too close now, the best thing about this scenario is all of the big manufacturers have sat up and recognized this price/value market. Only cool things ahead.

I hope it's good news next update.


Your absolutely right. If BMD can't get their act together by NAB, other, more proficient and capable companies will see the hype and lack of delivery and capitalize on BMD's failed attempt and release a better camera at a better price.
Good try BMD. Better luck next time.



In my experience, paying attention to NAB's year after year, I'd have to say a solid no to that. Likely there wont' be any other company pining to take advantage of the ungrateful three-thousand dollar sector of this niche market. If anything, don't be surprised if any of the companies that WOULD consider it haven't been looking at this board and having their minds changed by the "customers".

Additionally, GoPro's tied up I'd like to think with their camera release, RED would maybe bring back 3K for $3K but it would have to be a lesser product than Scarlet in general to not make people mad, and who else can you look to for a new camera?

Digital Bolex?

Okay then...

I'd say Good Job BMD for not shutting this board down and owning up to not being able to make their dates, yet still trying... and for those that just can't comprehend the situation... learn to exercise [extreme] patience, maybe try to go and shoot something.

It goes a long way in other walks of life.


Seriously? You really think a company like Canon or Sony wouldn't jump on this chance due to people on this forum. Really? Really? I mean, really? It's about money not cry baby hurt feelings.. what are the companies run by 10 year olds or something?
Offline

Eric Santiago

  • Posts: 520
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Soeren Mueller wrote:
Eric Santiago wrote:For the record, if you think the RED MX workflow is cumbersome...


Oh no please not BMCC vs RED.. aagaaaaaaaaain... aaaaaaaaahhhh... IT'S LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY IN HERE!


Did you read the rest of it?
Its a wake up call for the lazy.
I had to hear it again from folks shooting with an Alexa the other day.
They basically said, we hate RED cause of the workflow.
Hate is such a strong word and honestly it usually comes from the un-educated.
This is not a vs post but one to remind folks to man up and learn the craft.
In this day of age, we are not just videographers anymore.
We actually have to learn other things to survive.
Offline

Kholi Hicks

  • Posts: 703
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:26 pm

Costa wrote:
Seriously? You really think a company like Canon or Sony wouldn't jump on this chance due to people on this forum. Really? Really? I mean, really? It's about money not cry baby hurt feelings.. what are the companies run by 10 year olds or something?



You cited probably the very last two companies that likely care what anyone else is doing. Up until the recent two years Sony wasn't paying attention to anyone but itself.

And, as Barry Green puts it, Canon is ALWAYS historically late to the party. They're the very very last company that has any interest in giving you a three thousand dollar camera that shoots to three different formats, 13 stops of DR, large sensor, consumer SSDs.

They've already shown you what they think is worth six grand, it's the C100.

All you have to do is review the last ten years, you'll be able to see what these companies have in store for you.

If there's any major corporation that has a chance to do something strong without interfering with prior offerings it's Panasonic. And they feel the the AF100A is the competition at this price point.

Just saying, only takes a tiny bit'o research. xP
Kholi Hicks
Offline

Cameron Mckinlay

  • Posts: 106
  • Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:31 am
  • Location: Touring the World

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Kholi wrote:
cmckinlay wrote:I understand your point about "who else can we look to for a new camera". None of us know. Look at BMD, none of us expected them to release or announce, rather, their camera. I agree, GoPro is out, but even then, they don't make 'cinema grade cameras'. I doubt RED will release anything new. I am leaning towards the major players in the camera industry to come out with cameras that compete with BMCC.
I might just be talking hogwash...but we can all just hope right.


Yes, very good point. BMD does come out of nowhere with a very bold statement.

You'd have to consider who they are, though and compare. What other companies that are heavily invested in either the acquisition or delivery sections of motion picture have the kind of capital that Blackmagic or RED (citing companies that are not or were not known to make cameras, but had a starting point in other areas of production already) have?

GoPro's the only one that comes to mind, and remember they're manufacturing small crash cams that are pretty excellent for what they do.

Who knows, though? xD I may bet he one talkin' hogwash.

Speaking of NAB... I'm actually kind of tired of anticipating the next big thing. Grrr. Takes so much energy to want for the gear! Too much, in fact... that could be used for greater good... like making a sweet ice cream cake or writing better scripts.


It takes so much energy and lets not forget money...My facebook post when I was at NAB playing with the BMCC was "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!!"

Thats actually a great idea for a thread. "What do you plan on shooting first when you get your BMCC."
Cameron Mckinlay
Offline

Costa Louvieris

  • Posts: 343
  • Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:06 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Kholi wrote:
Costa wrote:
Seriously? You really think a company like Canon or Sony wouldn't jump on this chance due to people on this forum. Really? Really? I mean, really? It's about money not cry baby hurt feelings.. what are the companies run by 10 year olds or something?



You cited probably the very last two companies that likely care what anyone else is doing. Up until the recent two years Sony wasn't paying attention to anyone but itself.

And, as Barry Green puts it, Canon is ALWAYS historically late to the party. They're the very very last company that has any interest in giving you a three thousand dollar camera that shoots to three different formats, 13 stops of DR, large sensor, consumer SSDs.

They've already shown you what they think is worth six grand, it's the C100.

All you have to do is review the last ten years, you'll be able to see what these companies have in store for you.

If there's any major corporation that has a chance to do something strong without interfering with prior offerings it's Panasonic. And they feel the the AF100A is the competition at this price point.

Just saying, only takes a tiny bit'o research. xP


Sony have done nothing but beat the competition in price and tech lately. Takes a tiny bit'o research;)
Offline

Kholi Hicks

  • Posts: 703
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Costa wrote:
Kholi wrote:
Costa wrote:
Seriously? You really think a company like Canon or Sony wouldn't jump on this chance due to people on this forum. Really? Really? I mean, really? It's about money not cry baby hurt feelings.. what are the companies run by 10 year olds or something?



You cited probably the very last two companies that likely care what anyone else is doing. Up until the recent two years Sony wasn't paying attention to anyone but itself.

And, as Barry Green puts it, Canon is ALWAYS historically late to the party. They're the very very last company that has any interest in giving you a three thousand dollar camera that shoots to three different formats, 13 stops of DR, large sensor, consumer SSDs.

They've already shown you what they think is worth six grand, it's the C100.

All you have to do is review the last ten years, you'll be able to see what these companies have in store for you.

If there's any major corporation that has a chance to do something strong without interfering with prior offerings it's Panasonic. And they feel the the AF100A is the competition at this price point.

Just saying, only takes a tiny bit'o research. xP


Sony have done nothing but beat the competition in price and tech lately. Takes a tiny bit'o research;)


Hm.

AF100: 4K

Built in NDs, HD-SDI, HDMI

FS100: 5K

Lowlight

Not until the FS700 did they offer something that noone else was, and now the F5 and F55 are trying to bite into their respective competition.

Sony has never actually anti'd up when it comes to price to performance and features ratio until VERY VERY recently. They've always taken features out that were in lesser cameras (by price point) just to separate the classes.

I believe my earlier post said this already. But hopefully this clarified a bit more.

By the way, Sony's competitor in this bracket ARE the FS700 and FS100, and from their consumer department the VG9 series.

Maybe 2014.
Kholi Hicks
Offline

Costa Louvieris

  • Posts: 343
  • Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:06 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Kholi wrote:

You cited probably the very last two companies that likely care what anyone else is doing. Up until the recent two years Sony wasn't paying attention to anyone but itself.

And, as Barry Green puts it, Canon is ALWAYS historically late to the party. They're the very very last company that has any interest in giving you a three thousand dollar camera that shoots to three different formats, 13 stops of DR, large sensor, consumer SSDs.

They've already shown you what they think is worth six grand, it's the C100.

All you have to do is review the last ten years, you'll be able to see what these companies have in store for you.

If there's any major corporation that has a chance to do something strong without interfering with prior offerings it's Panasonic. And they feel the the AF100A is the competition at this price point.

Just saying, only takes a tiny bit'o research. xP

Sony have done nothing but beat the competition in price and tech lately. Takes a tiny bit'o research;)

Hm.

AF100: 4K

Built in NDs, HD-SDI, HDMI

FS100: 5K

Lowlight

Not until the FS700 did they offer something that noone else was, and now the F5 and F55 are trying to bite into their respective competition.

Sony has never actually anti'd up when it comes to price to performance and features ratio until VERY VERY recently. They've always taken features out that were in lesser cameras (by price point) just to separate the classes.

I believe my earlier post said this already. But hopefully this clarified a bit more.

By the way, Sony's competitor in this bracket IS the FS700 and FS100, and from their consumer department the VG9 series.

Maybe 2014.


It's odd because you seem to be agreeing with me... F5 and F55 for example?
Last edited by Costa Louvieris on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Offline

Jesuan Soriano

  • Posts: 245
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:17 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:52 pm

Have you seen F5 and F55 prices?? ahahahaha
and the external 4k recorder?? jajajajajajaj

F55 -- $35k
F5---- $20k
External recorder $4k

ahhahahahahaha

Jesus
Jesus Soriano
Offline

Kholi Hicks

  • Posts: 703
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Costa, in my post I did explicitly say that "until recently". It hasn't been until the previous two years that Sony's seem to have... awakened.

I am looking forward to the F55 in a major way, but this is not the same Sony that released cameras prior to the FS100.
Kholi Hicks
Offline

Costa Louvieris

  • Posts: 343
  • Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:06 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Jesuan wrote:Have you seen F5 and F55 prices?? ahahahaha
and the external 4k recorder?? jajajajajajaj

F55 -- $35k
F5---- $20k
External recorder $4k

ahhahahahahaha


Nope not seen those prices.. where did you get them from?
Offline

Costa Louvieris

  • Posts: 343
  • Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:06 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Kholi wrote:Costa, in my post I did explicitly say that "until recently". It hasn't been until the previous two years that Sony's seem to have... awakened.

I am looking forward to the F55 in a major way, but this is not the same Sony that released cameras prior to the FS100.


So if they are doing this recently why can't they do it again at NAB?
Offline

Kholi Hicks

  • Posts: 703
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Costa wrote:
Kholi wrote:Costa, in my post I did explicitly say that "until recently". It hasn't been until the previous two years that Sony's seem to have... awakened.

I am looking forward to the F55 in a major way, but this is not the same Sony that released cameras prior to the FS100.


So if they are doing this recently why can't they do it again at NAB?


THat's fairly simple: they have cameras in this price bracket. FS100, Fs700, VG9 series.

They don't need to offer anything else, at least not for another year or two.

The F5 is not an F3 competitor as much as it is an F3 update

IS it possible that an FS100 update with 4K internal to SxS could show up NAB 2013 with a release date of end of the year? Sure. Is it possible that it would cost three thousand dollars? Likely not.
Kholi Hicks
Offline

Jesuan Soriano

  • Posts: 245
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:17 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 11:01 pm

from here
http://cinescopophilia.com/sony-f5-f55- ... announced/

in the facebook page of the sony F3 there's a link...and on twitter it's been said that Sony Japan web accidentally leaked the prices.

so....

and how do you know these are not the prices??? link to me please!!!

Jesus
Jesus Soriano
Offline

Costa Louvieris

  • Posts: 343
  • Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:06 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Jesuan wrote:from here
http://cinescopophilia.com/sony-f5-f55- ... announced/

in the facebook page of the sony F3 there's a link...and on twitter it's been said that this web accidentally leaked the prices.

so....

and how do you know these are not the prices??? link to me please!!!

Jesus


I'm pretty sure I didn't imply I knew I was just interested in where you got the information.Not everything is a fight. Although I would watch those exchange rates... It even said as much in the article! The US and WIll likely be much less. Thinking $15k. Which is what I was expecting.
Offline

Jesuan Soriano

  • Posts: 245
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:17 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 11:33 pm

I though you were missing your friend taapo and I wanted to make you feel at home :)

so. Even if the f5 is 15k is totally overpriced. I think sony could beat BMD and it seems impossible.

Btw I recommend you the movie " the impossible". Next month on screen. Totally awesome movie :)

Jesus
Jesus Soriano
Offline

Kholi Hicks

  • Posts: 703
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 pm

15K for an F5 is in no way shape or form overpriced. In fact it's likely slightly underpriced, but by last year's standards.

At 15K, the competitors are Scarlet and C300.

Compare, contrast, form an opinion, but overpriced it is not.
Kholi Hicks
Offline

Cuboirs

  • Posts: 107
  • Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Costa wrote:
Jesuan wrote:Have you seen F5 and F55 prices?? ahahahaha
and the external 4k recorder?? jajajajajajaj

F55 -- $35k
F5---- $20k
External recorder $4k

ahhahahahahaha


Nope not seen those prices.. where did you get them from?


Those are msrp prices not actual prices....like canon c300 was announced at 20k and c500 at 30k or c100 at 8k
Offline
User avatar

c.carlos.n

  • Posts: 107
  • Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:41 am
  • Location: Gurabo, Puerto Rico

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 11:54 pm

Christine... update YES???
Carlos E Núñez
Offline

Cameron Mckinlay

  • Posts: 106
  • Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:31 am
  • Location: Touring the World

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 11:56 pm

c.carlos.n wrote:Christine... update YES???


Yeah "am" in Australia only has 1 more hour left.
Cameron Mckinlay
Offline

Ram Prakash

  • Posts: 17
  • Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm
  • Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 12:05 am

Grant called me and told me he is getting delayed. Since he usually posts lengthy updates, it takes him time to finish typing. He actually started in the AM but the typing will make him post an update in the PM. :-)
Cheers!
Ram Prakash
Offline

Sam Meyer

  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:43 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 12:13 am

Well it cant be lengthy if he has no more info. Can it? :?
Sam Meyer
Offline

melissa lancaster

  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 am

sXXs wrote:Grant called me and told me he is getting delayed. Since he usually posts lengthy updates, it takes him time to finish typing. He actually started in the AM but the typing will make him post an update in the PM. :-)


Wow, he started in the am and later into the pm is still typing. This should be a doozie.
Offline

Extrememedia

  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 12:28 am

this all smells like BS... Red ONE now $5995.
Offline
User avatar

Nick Bedford

  • Posts: 352
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:56 am
  • Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 12:39 am

Screw this. I'm just gonna buy an Alexa Studio.

Image
Nick Bedford, Photographer
http://www.nickbedford.com/
Offline
User avatar

Christian Schmeer

  • Posts: 904
  • Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:07 pm
  • Location: London, UK

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 12:55 am

sXXs wrote:Grant called me and told me he is getting delayed. Since he usually posts lengthy updates, it takes him time to finish typing. He actually started in the AM but the typing will make him post an update in the PM. :-)


You know Grant?
Christian Schmeer - DP / Colourist
www.christianschmeer.com
www.vimeo.com/christianschmeer
Offline
User avatar

PaulDelVecchio

  • Posts: 791
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:33 am
  • Location: NY

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 12:56 am

cschmeer wrote:
sXXs wrote:Grant called me and told me he is getting delayed. Since he usually posts lengthy updates, it takes him time to finish typing. He actually started in the AM but the typing will make him post an update in the PM. :-)


You know Grant?


It must be hard to detect sarcasm on here.
Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
http://www.pauldv.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
http://www.facebook.com/pauldv
http://instagram.com/pdelv
Twitter: @pauldv
Offline

Jesuan Soriano

  • Posts: 245
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:17 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 12:57 am

PaulDelVecchio wrote:
cschmeer wrote:
sXXs wrote:Grant called me and told me he is getting delayed. Since he usually posts lengthy updates, it takes him time to finish typing. He actually started in the AM but the typing will make him post an update in the PM. :-)


You know Grant?


It must be hard to detect sarcasm on here.


Maybe he's delayed getting it :D

Jesus
Jesus Soriano
Offline

Sam Meyer

  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:43 am

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 1:02 am

Nick Bedford wrote:Image


Jill Greenberg! :D
Sam Meyer
Offline

Extrememedia

  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 1:03 am

HAHA nick you a fool. lol
Offline
User avatar

Christian Schmeer

  • Posts: 904
  • Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:07 pm
  • Location: London, UK

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 1:04 am

PaulDelVecchio wrote:
cschmeer wrote:
sXXs wrote:Grant called me and told me he is getting delayed. Since he usually posts lengthy updates, it takes him time to finish typing. He actually started in the AM but the typing will make him post an update in the PM. :-)


You know Grant?


It must be hard to detect sarcasm on here.


I was actually thinking it must be sarcasm at first, but I guess the frustration makes me more gullible :mrgreen: :oops:
Christian Schmeer - DP / Colourist
www.christianschmeer.com
www.vimeo.com/christianschmeer
Offline
User avatar

c.carlos.n

  • Posts: 107
  • Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:41 am
  • Location: Gurabo, Puerto Rico

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 1:05 am

Sr. Lam????
Carlos E Núñez
Offline
User avatar

PaulDelVecchio

  • Posts: 791
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:33 am
  • Location: NY

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 1:54 am

cschmeer wrote:
I was actually thinking it must be sarcasm at first, but I guess the frustration makes me more gullible :mrgreen: :oops:


No, I getcha! We're all kinda hoping for some ray of light in the darkness. Hopefully we get a good update.
Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
http://www.pauldv.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
http://www.facebook.com/pauldv
http://instagram.com/pdelv
Twitter: @pauldv
Offline

bhook

  • Posts: 1024
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 1:58 am

I can't shake this mental image of a small smoke filled room with a bunch of guys sitting around a table laughing at me...

It's like BMD is Lucy and I'm Charlie Brown. I know she's going to pull the football away but I just have to try to kick it anyway.
Offline

Christine Peterson

  • Posts: 662
  • Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:00 pm
  • Location: Boston, MA

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:08 am

I'm so sorry for this delay, guys... we're still expecting an update soon.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)
Offline

Bill Rich

  • Posts: 292
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:19 pm
  • Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:23 am

Thanks Christine!
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California
Offline
User avatar

PaulDelVecchio

  • Posts: 791
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:33 am
  • Location: NY

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:30 am

Christine Peterson wrote:I'm so sorry for this delay, guys... we're still expecting an update soon.


Patiently waiting by our computers like this... hehe...
Last edited by PaulDelVecchio on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
http://www.pauldv.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
http://www.facebook.com/pauldv
http://instagram.com/pdelv
Twitter: @pauldv
Offline

Christine Peterson

  • Posts: 662
  • Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:00 pm
  • Location: Boston, MA

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:42 am

PaulDelVecchio wrote:Patiently waiting by our computers like this... hehe...

Gah! His name is Fury and he's the best Business Cat ever. Nothing is private on the Internet, haha.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)
Offline
User avatar

PaulDelVecchio

  • Posts: 791
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:33 am
  • Location: NY

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:43 am

Christine Peterson wrote:
PaulDelVecchio wrote:Patiently waiting by our computers like this... hehe...

Gah! His name is Fury and he's the best Business Cat ever. Nothing is private on the Internet, haha.

Haha sorry. Instagram. I'll take it down. He looks serious. He might beat me up.
Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
http://www.pauldv.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
http://www.facebook.com/pauldv
http://instagram.com/pdelv
Twitter: @pauldv
Offline

Christine Peterson

  • Posts: 662
  • Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:00 pm
  • Location: Boston, MA

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:45 am

PaulDelVecchio wrote:Haha sorry. Instagram. I'll take it down. He looks serious. He might beat me up.

Oh yes I forgot, I assumed Facebook. You can keep it up, he's a very handsome cat.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)
Offline

wcapps1

  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:11 pm
  • Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:48 am

Mine arrived at my house today! Wow, this thing is a beast. It is heavier and more solid than I expected. I am very excited about getting started with it. Good luck guys!
Wayne Capps
Reserve Productions
www.ReserveProductions.com
Offline

Bill Rich

  • Posts: 292
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:19 pm
  • Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:51 am

Great News!!! Enjoy!
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California
Offline
User avatar

PaulDelVecchio

  • Posts: 791
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:33 am
  • Location: NY

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 11/7

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:55 am

Here... replacement...

Waiting for some good news....

Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 9.51.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 9.51.01 PM.png (559.08 KiB) Viewed 10475 times
Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
http://www.pauldv.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
http://www.facebook.com/pauldv
http://instagram.com/pdelv
Twitter: @pauldv
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brad Hurley, Csaba Nagy, Domingo Olmo Martin, John Griffin, plzbrt, Rakesh Malik and 39 guests