Middle East Shipments

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Marcel Beck

Middle East Shipments

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 6:52 pm

I was wondering how many on here live in the Middle East who have ordered the camera?

Hope a few come sometime soon!
Marcel Beck
Cinematographer & Producer
follow me: @mxbstudios

Bill Rich

Re: Middle East Shipments

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Marcel, How do you like working in Dubai?
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California

Marcel Beck

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Bill Rich wrote:Marcel, How do you like working in Dubai?

It's not bad, the industry here is picking up speed, especially the film festivals

With the added benefit of 360days of sunshine, its all round nice, besides the summer season, thats insane.
Marcel Beck

Bill Rich

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 7:42 pm

I've spent some time in Bahrain back in the late 80's and it was pretty cool! Dubai looks like a really cool place!
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California

EisaAlSabousi

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Hey Marcel,

In Abu Dhabi here. Haven't ordered mine yet. Waiting for the words "In stock" to show up online and then I'll take the plunge.

Did you order yours? If yes, from where? Also, what do you think about the local resellers/distributors' ability to actually bring this camera when fully in stock, let alone preorder?

Marcel Beck

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 8:36 pm

EisaAlSabousi wrote:Hey Marcel,

In Abu Dhabi here. Haven't ordered mine yet. Waiting for the words "In stock" to show up online and then I'll take the plunge.

Did you order yours? If yes, from where? Also, what do you think about the local resellers/distributors' ability to actually bring this camera when fully in stock, let alone preorder?

Hello Eisa, yes I preordered mine, been waiting a while now (like all of us), and I ordered from MediaCast, great guys by the way!

They know as much as we do about the shipments, which is nothing... I don't know what abilities resellers/distributers have on receiving stock, it still remains up to BMD to send out the units, but I hope January we will see a few 'trickle' into the region, I ordered in May.

Are there any resellers in AD?
Marcel Beck

Martin Grof

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Hey Marcel,

just wondering, have you been born in Emirates, or did you just move there because of the work? I`m asking, cause few years ago I thought about moving there, cause I thought it would be the right place for a cinematographer in these times.

Thanks,
Martin.

Marcel Beck

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 7:03 am

Martin Grof wrote:Hey Marcel,

just wondering, have you been born in Emirates, or did you just move there because of the work? I`m asking, cause few years ago I thought about moving there, cause I thought it would be the right place for a cinematographer in these times.

Thanks,
Martin.

Hey Martin,

I've been here for 18 years (basically lived here all my life) and as a cinematographer it is a great place and has potential, its a growing industry here so it gets very busy.

Where are you based now?

Marcel
Marcel Beck

Abobakr M. Alshiblie

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 9:53 am

Hey Marcel.. it is me Abobakr from Twitter haha.. Yeah, count me in as one =D

Good idea you created this post.. i also want to know how many are there

Marcel Beck

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 10:08 am

Abobakr M. Alshiblie wrote:Hey Marcel.. it is me Abobakr from Twitter haha.. Yeah, count me in as one =D

Good idea you created this post.. i also want to know how many are there

Well considering there have been a few popping up in Asia, I hope at least two pop up here middle of January, there was a few discussions at the Dubai Film Festival about the camera but no one knew what was going on, except for us on the forum :D (more or less)
Marcel Beck

Abobakr M. Alshiblie

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 10:21 am

Marcel Beck wrote:Well considering there have been a few popping up in Asia, I hope at least two pop up here middle of January, there was a few discussions at the Dubai Film Festival about the camera but no one knew what was going on, except for us on the forum :D (more or less)

yeah, it is a quite a let down not hearing of any camera been "popped up" around here all this long!! hope to see few to show up soon!!

EisaAlSabousi

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Marcel Beck wrote:Hello Eisa, yes I preordered mine, been waiting a while now (like all of us), and I ordered from MediaCast, great guys by the way!

They know as much as we do about the shipments, which is nothing... I don't know what abilities resellers/distributers have on receiving stock, it still remains up to BMD to send out the units, but I hope January we will see a few 'trickle' into the region, I ordered in May.

No resellers in AD according to Blackmagic's website. Got a project happening at around February. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot it with this camera otherwise I'm renting a C300.

I might give MediaCast a shot though. Thanks for making this thread btw!

Marcel Beck

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 6:42 pm

EisaAlSabousi wrote:
Marcel Beck wrote:Hello Eisa, yes I preordered mine, been waiting a while now (like all of us), and I ordered from MediaCast, great guys by the way!

No resellers in AD according to Blackmagic's website. Got a project happening at around February. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot it with this camera otherwise I'm renting a C300.

No Problem, I'm hoping BMD notice it and throw a shipment our way haha, if so, I don't mind heading down to AD, but lets see what happens in January.

C300 is awesome, I'm hopefully going to test the c500 next weekend. Is your project a Short/feature/Commercial?
Marcel Beck

EisaAlSabousi

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Marcel Beck wrote:
EisaAlSabousi wrote:

No Problem, I'm hoping BMD notice it and throw a shipment our way haha, if so, I don't mind heading down to AD, but lets see what happens in January.

C300 is awesome, I'm hopefully going to test the c500 next weekend. Is your project a Short/feature/Commercial?

There is something about the C300's colors that's very pleasing to my eye and I hear that it's a shooter's friend, so to speak. Although I'm more of an (aspiring) director than a cinematographer. Yet BMC's image is just gorgeous, Alexa-gorgeous. Can't possibly wait!

The project is a short (hoping for twofour54's backing on this one!). Good luck with the C500 shoot and let me know what you think of it.

E

turnerlee

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 11:11 am

I want to know some info about that i shipped my stock from Dubai to Qatar in future but need info about how much i spend??

Marcel Beck

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 8:13 pm

turnerlee wrote:I want to know some info about that i shipped my stock from Dubai to Qatar in future but need info about how much i spend??

Speak to Mediacast in Dubai, he would gladly help you out, are there any resellers in Qatar?
Marcel Beck

Rohalabi

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi,

I ordered mine early sep 2012 from b&h , no word yet.

Jeddah - KSA ,let me know if you need anything from this part of the world.
Ordered my BMCC on the 7th of sep 2012 from B&H ... Shipped!

Abobakr M. Alshiblie

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 8:57 am

Rohalabi wrote:Hi,

I ordered mine early sep 2012 from b&h , no word yet.

Jeddah - KSA ,let me know if you need anything from this part of the world.

You should have ordered from mediacast.. They are the authorized reseller for Middle East and I believe you wouldn't be waiting in a very long queue as the case with B&H

Kingsley Paul

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 11:41 am

Hi Marcel,

Even i am waiting for stocks to show up on mediacast, I believe that this region is also having a long waiting list. Hopefully BMD will do something to push up production to meet the demand.

Marcel Beck

PostFri May 17, 2013 10:33 am

satyablack wrote:Hi Marcel,

Even i am waiting for stocks to show up on mediacast, I believe that this region is also having a long waiting list. Hopefully BMD will do something to push up production to meet the demand.

Hello Satyablack, just to follow up.

I received the camera in December from mediacast, I think there are around 15+ Cameras now in the UAE but thats an unconfirmed number.

Did you order one?
Marcel Beck

Return to Cinematography