Hot pixel just on the screen

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Theo Jollet

Hot pixel just on the screen

PostMon Dec 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Hello,

I have a small issue with my pocket (small, but it can be annoying sometimes).

There is an hot pixel on my screen (just one). It's like a green dot on the screen, but not there when i watch the rush on my computer.

Do you have any solution to fix this kind of problem ? I bought the pocket like 2 months ago and i'm extremely happy with it, but if i can solve this problem it would be perfect ! :)

Thanks a lot :D

PS : my apologies for my english 8-)

C.A.M. Gerlach

Re: Hot pixel just on the screen

PostTue Dec 29, 2015 9:34 am

Technically, it sounds like more of a stuck sub-pixel than a true hot pixel, but that's semantics. Assuming that's true, there's nothing to be done but ignore it when shooting, unless you want to get the screen replaced or buy another pocket. If it were in the image rather than the display, you could map it out in software, but as it stands there is little to be done AFAIK. One of my GUI monitors (Ultrasharp U2410) got a white stuck pixel due to a scratch during transport one time, but while it was egregious at first my mind is mostly able to map it out and ignore it, and it just isn't worth replacing the whole monitor for. You make your own choices, but that's my experience.
CAM Gerlach (Christopher A. M. Gerlach)
I am not an expert; take any advice I give with a grain of salt.

Theo Jollet

PostTue Dec 29, 2015 9:45 am

Yes thanks for your reply. Your answer confirm what i though. I can ignore it easily if i can't fix that (and maybe later i'm gonna buy an external monitor which is not going to have this problem so). I was just suprised to see this green dot like 2 weeks after the unboxing !

Theo Jollet

PostTue Dec 29, 2015 9:46 am

Sorry for the double reply but, i forgot to ask, do you think the garantee is working for this kind of stuck sub-pixel ?

Denny Smith

PostTue Dec 29, 2015 6:58 pm

If the camera is still under the BM guarantee, then contact your BM Refional support office for a RMA, and they will perhaps fix it.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Theo Jollet

PostTue Jan 05, 2016 11:10 am

Hi !

I've contacted the BM Refional support office at rma-emea@blackmagicdesign.com (and actually i just see that the first address which i was talking with was support-emea@blackmagicdesign.com).

They said that my bmpcc was under the BM guarantee so i have to send it to us. (haha i'm so afraid to send my bmpcc somewhere :? did you already do that ? How many time the process will take ?)

I'm very suprised by the quality of the refional support !

Thanks for you answer :D

Return to Cinematography