Blackmagic Handles

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Brian Grider

Blackmagic Handles

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Does anyone know if you use the "BlackMagic Handles" if you can still attach a tripod mount onto the camera on the bottom side of the Handles somehow?
Cinema Camera EF
ATEM 1 M/E Broadcast Panel
ATEM 1 M/E Production Switcher
ATEM Television Studio
2 HyperDeck Shuttles with Mounting Plates
Intensity Extreme
9 Various Mini Converters

David

Re: Blackmagic Handles

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 10:56 pm

I've done it. But the screw that comes with the handles is not long enough to go through both the handles and the tripod plate so I had to buy a longer screw.... I think it was 40 cents?

It works and its rock solid but I find myself checking the tightness every time I pick it up. The fact that the screw is going through 2 plates just gives me a little anxiety.
David Daniel
Dilettante

jldp

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 5:32 pm

im not sure if that is what he was asking, and im curious too.
is there a taking screw hole on the bottom of the handles to attach to a tripod or a base plate, or do you have to take the handles off every time? it would be nice if they did have one so we didnt HAVE to by a cage just to protect the taking screw hole on the camera.

jldp

PostFri Feb 14, 2014 7:15 pm

i guess it doesnt, wow, thats kind of dumb, we have to unscrew if from the base plate and screw these on each time? no wonder no one uses them!

Return to Cinematography