Official "Look what I shot!" Thread

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Jamie LeJeune

Re: Official

PostThu Jul 02, 2020 1:32 am

robedge wrote:Any plans for a screening in New York?
I think the closest festival to NY that is currently planned is in Woods Hole, MA. However, due to the pandemic, all of the "screenings" will likely be virtual. As soon as I have links with details on how to view those, I will add them to my original post.

rick.lang wrote:Thanks for the effort and cost details. Can you comment on the income side at all, not in terms of the cheques being written to finance the documentary, in terms of the income the documentary will earn?
I could write pages and pages on the pitiful state of independent documentary funding in the USA. There's a sharp difference between the money paid to people who work to make a documentary (i.e. the working stiffs like me, and James and David who labored to make the film) versus any money that might be made on the back end by the funders+copyright holders of the film. An extremely tiny number of documentary features make any profit on the back end through distribution and sales. Most people or institutions who fund such endeavors do it for social capital rather than financial capital. They don't expect to make money, they want to see the particular story be told through film and they earn the social esteem that comes with funding the arts. Another detail that most people don't realize is that outside of a few exceptions, for most content on PBS the network does not a pay a dime to the filmmakers and copyright holders. In fact, most filmmakers have to pay PBS fees for the privilege of having their film made available to the stations. Most documentary filmmakers (myself included) work on commercials + corporate video to make ends meet. Even famous Oscar winning documentary filmmakers like Errol Morris also make commercials to pay the bills: https://www.errolmorris.com/commercials/miller.html

Since I don't want to derail this thread with any more of my rambling, if anyone has more questions about funding or anything else, we should probably start a separate thread.
Many thanks to all for the questions and kind words!!!!
www.cinedocs.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4601572/

robedge

PostThu Jul 02, 2020 1:38 am

Jamie LeJeune wrote:
robedge wrote:Any plans for a screening in New York?
I think the closest festival to NY that is currently planned is in Woods Hole, MA. However, due to the pandemic, all of the "screenings" will likely be virtual. As soon as I have links with details on how to view those, I will add them to my original post.

Thanks, if that means over the internet I'm keenly interested. Congratulations on the film.

rick.lang

Re: Official "Look what I shot!" Thread

PostThu Jul 02, 2020 4:21 am

Thanks for that information, Jamie. I was planning a documentary about an individual who sadly died before I got beyond the planning stage, but my wife has been encouraging me to carry on with one or more of the surviving family members. Might think about it; it would all be on my dime. Scary if there’s nothing at the end of the rainbow...
Rick Lang

Oyvind Fiksdal

PostThu Jul 02, 2020 8:14 pm

Jamie, thanks for interesting feedback. A lot of gear and influence involved. From the history behind the production and the effort put into it. It deserve an honest earning regardless opinions in the aftermath.

Still, I believe the book makers will get some excellent reviews. Can’t imagine anything else.

Denny Smith

PostFri Jul 03, 2020 3:00 am

The documentary films I have been involved with, we were just trying to get the story told, no return on our outlay, no profit. One of ours made some local film festival screenings, and that was my reward. I am still working on one about a local artist, but he has gone into hiding over the pandemic situation. Hopefully, I can get another interview with him to finish this one up.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

garafulic

PostFri Jul 03, 2020 3:12 am

Hello everyone!

I finished this piece back in March just as the pandemic was beginning to hit hard in Austin, Texas.

I feel fortunate to have captured an ethos of hospitality that is now gone, hopefully to return.

I shot most—if not all—with a couple of BMPCC 4Ks. There might be a shot or two with an original BMCC.

I hope you enjoy it.

- Marko

Denny Smith

PostSun Jul 05, 2020 6:31 am

Very nice, and well crafted. The viewer is drawn into the story, in a positive way.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

rick.lang

PostMon Jul 06, 2020 3:44 pm

Interesting perspective on the role of a restaurant and it’s not all about food. Good for them.
Rick Lang

John Paines

PostMon Jul 06, 2020 4:02 pm

Jamie LeJeune wrote:Another detail that most people don't realize is that outside of a few exceptions, for most content on PBS the network does not a pay a dime to the filmmakers and copyright holders. In fact, most filmmakers have to pay PBS fees for the privilege of having their film made available to the stations.

Not the best thread to pursue this one, but POV and Independent Lens still pay for programs, no? It's never enough -- aside from Michael Moore and Fred Wiseman, Ken Burns seems to be the only Yank who makes a living in documentaries, thanks to corporate sponsorship -- but something....?

Or are you thinking about licensing arrangements with local affiliates, which typically don't have any money?

timbutt2

PostMon Jul 06, 2020 6:34 pm

Here's a short film I lit as light designer. The camera used by the director/dop was the Pocket 4K. A good deal was shot at 3200 ISO inside the house. Outside the house was 400 ISO if I remember right. Either way, my main focus was on lighting. Some of my Rokinon Cinema Primes were also used along with his lenses. Lights were Nanlite Forza 300 and 60 lights and occasionally a Dracast LED1000 as well.

"I'm well trained in the art of turning **** to gold." - Tim Buttner (timbutt2)

Cameras: URSA Mini Pro G2 & Pocket 6K Pro
Past: UM4.6K, P6K, BMCC 2.5K
Computers: iMac 5K (Mid 2020) & MacBook Pro Retina 15.4in (Mid 2018)

Oyvind Fiksdal

PostMon Jul 06, 2020 7:51 pm

garafulic wrote:Hello everyone!

I finished this piece back in March just as the pandemic was beginning to hit hard in Austin, Texas.

I feel fortunate to have captured an ethos of hospitality that is now gone, hopefully to return.

I shot most—if not all—with a couple of BMPCC 4Ks. There might be a shot or two with an original BMCC.

I hope you enjoy it.

- Marko

That is almost like watching sci-fi. How the customers act, him talking about hugging, and the idea of using local food. You can almost start the movie with the text “In the not too distant future…”. That would be a positive, feel good, movie! That also makes a bit sense with the opening.

There has been some talk here in Norway about local food chain and how to be more depended on it, oppose to imports and long-distance food. I wouldn’t be surprised that more of our daily meal, in a not so distant future, will be just that. Local food, and some hugging. Its interesting that this becomes a big point in the documentary, a pre-pandemic world where that seem to be a challenge or something unheard of because of the economic system.

Keep up the great work.

garafulic

PostTue Jul 07, 2020 2:17 pm

Oyvind Fiksdal wrote:
That is almost like watching sci-fi. How the customers act, him talking about hugging, and the idea of using local food. You can almost start the movie with the text “In the not too distant future…”. That would be a positive, feel good, movie! That also makes a bit sense with the opening.

There has been some talk here in Norway about local food chain and how to be more depended on it, oppose to imports and long-distance food. I wouldn’t be surprised that more of our daily meal, in a not so distant future, will be just that. Local food, and some hugging. Its interesting that this becomes a big point in the documentary, a pre-pandemic world where that seem to be a challenge or something unheard of because of the economic system.

Keep up the great work.

Thank you very much for the kind words Denny, Rick and Oyvind. I'm rooting for the restaurant to make it through this mess.

timbutt2

PostSun Jul 12, 2020 5:33 pm

A bit of Steadicam practice with the URSA Mini Pro G2. How? Attend a model & photographer meet up. Perfect place to test the Steadicam out and get practice with a person for free. Haha.

Anyways, here's one of the models that I got a lot of good footage with at the meet up. Mainly Rokinon 16mm while on the Steadicam since I needed a deeper focus with out having an AC. Beach shower was 35mm, and then sunset shots were handheld with 24mm. All URSA Mini Pro G2.

Steadicam was Steadicam Aero 30 Sled, Zephyr Arm & Vest.

For note: I now have the Tilta Nucleus M and Hollyland Mars 400S for an AC to pull focus. I just need to train an AC or find one that I like working with.

rick.lang

PostMon Jul 13, 2020 5:17 am

Tim, you’re a new man now with that Steadicam setup. Opens up a lot of possibilities. Great to see your practice results.
Rick Lang

Norman Lang

PostTue Aug 04, 2020 1:14 pm

Here is a short film I made using the UM 4.6K

It's a short comedy titled, "Chemistry Read". The film has been in several film festivals and even managed to win a few awards. Let me know what you think!

Norman Lang Langproductions.com Boston MA
BMCC - BMPC - BMPCC 4K - BMPCC 6K - BMPCC 6K Pro - MacBook Pro (M1) - MacBook Pro M1 Max 64GB - Adobe CC - Davinci Resolve

rick.lang

PostWed Aug 12, 2020 11:29 pm

Norman, such a good short! Gotta be proud of that.
Rick Lang

Norman Lang

PostWed Aug 12, 2020 11:50 pm

Rick! Thanks for watching. And thanks for the kind words. We were lucky to have a great cast and crew. The script was written by the lead actress on a dare while we were having lunch. I told her if she wrote a good script, I would produce and direct it. I never thought she would actually take me up on it! Anyway it did well on the festival circuit. As you know, the most fun is sitting in the back of the theater watching the audience react. Not surprisingly, it got the most laughs in New York.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BMCC - BMPC - BMPCC 4K - BMPCC 6K - BMPCC 6K Pro - MacBook Pro (M1) - MacBook Pro M1 Max 64GB - Adobe CC - Davinci Resolve

timbutt2

PostThu Aug 13, 2020 12:07 am

Realized I never shared this. Shot on the G2 with Rokinon Lenses. Most of it is on the Steadicam, with a few shots on tripod or handheld. You'll tell which ones were on tripod or handheld. I had an AC pulling focus with the Tilta Nucleus M wireless lens control system, and monitoring with a Hollyland Mars 400S on a SmallHD monitor. It was extremely hot that day in early July. Something like 100° F with humidity getting it to feel hotter. At least around the beach it was a bit cooler (90° F with humidity), but still it was quite a challenge to operate the Steadicam in that heat. Many times my forehead sweat poured into my eyes with the sunblock to sting them so perfectly.

rick.lang

PostThu Aug 13, 2020 12:12 am

Challenging shooting conditions but great to see the results.
Rick Lang

timbutt2

PostThu Aug 13, 2020 3:36 am

rick.lang wrote:Challenging shooting conditions but great to see the results.

Thanks Rick! Yeah, it came out better than I thought it would.

mikebiondofilm

PostFri Aug 14, 2020 11:46 pm

Here is my first short on the bmpcc4k. My last cam was a 5D MarkIII with magic lantern.

vasha dobri

PostSat Aug 15, 2020 11:22 am

Very fast - one day to conceive and realize - checking Pocket 4k last summer with only 12-35 and that damn-impossible-to-see-screen on sunlight :) But maybe story and location could be a little bit interesting...

Norman Lang

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 2:38 pm

rick.lang wrote:Norman, such a good short! Gotta be proud of that.
Rick,

Thought you might like to see a couple of bts shots and our poster.

Ellory Yu

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 3:29 pm

Here's a low budget comedy that I DP'd for a director friend. It was shot using the UMP 4.6K G2 and b-rolls were shot with a Canon C200 and Fujifilm XT-3, in Pro-res 422.

URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Norman Lang

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 5:36 pm

Looks great Ellory. I love shooting Prores. Recently I have been shooting BRaw, which is great on the Pocket 4K and 6K, but my UM4.6 will only shoot CDNG and prores. Not a deal killer, but it would be nice to be able to use all three in BRaw. Anyway you did a great job!. Making a good film is hard. Making a good comedy is even harder. Even with a budget. Anyway it looks pro and it looks like everyone was having a great time. Keep me posted on your next adventure.

Ellory Yu

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 6:19 pm

Norman Lang wrote:Looks great Ellory. I love shooting Prores. Recently I have been shooting BRaw, which is great on the Pocket 4K and 6K, but my UM4.6 will only shoot CDNG and prores. Not a deal killer, but it would be nice to be able to use all three in BRaw. Anyway you did a great job!. Making a good film is hard. Making a good comedy is even harder. Even with a budget. Anyway it looks pro and it looks like everyone was having a great time. Keep me posted on your next adventure.

Thanks Norman. We had those other cameras and so to keep post simple and consistent, I opt for Prores, plus used the money on something else. :) These days, I'm using BRAW with the UMP G2 and Pocket 6K. Here's another short I did 2 years ago. This got circulated in the festivals and won some awards for screenplay and directing. Unfortunately, my friend and screenplay writer passed away a couple of weeks ago. This one was a bit of a challenge in terms of the cinematography. We shot this using the big URSA 4K in CDNG @ ISO 800 - a not so low light camera and not much DR, shot in the evening so it took a bit of lighting the external scenes. However, it did us good and I missed that beast. I wanted the audience to get a sense of how late it was that evening, hence we lighted it for that. Enjoy.

PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Norman Lang

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 7:41 pm

Looks like you made the big Ursa give everything it could. Lots of nice shots. However, the best was the sound design. Nice work on that. It’s no secret that sound is often given short shrift in indie films. Sorry to hear about your friend the writer. It’s great that you were part of his work that now lives on in film. That’s something.

Ellory Yu

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 8:00 pm

Norman Lang wrote:However, the best was the sound design. Nice work on that. It’s no secret that sound is often given short shrift in indie films.

You're absolute right on that. It will be nice to have festival entries for sound design. James Alburger, the sound design guy that I've worked me on many projects, is credited for it. He proudly displays his 11 Emmy's every time I visit him in his studio.

rick.lang

PostThu Aug 27, 2020 10:07 pm

Thanks for your BTS shots, Norman. Always good to see.
Rick Lang

Ryan Douthit

PostFri Aug 28, 2020 5:01 am

We do an episode every week, but here’s the latest. Shot on a UMP G2, BMPCC4k and a bunch of Sony and a GoPro cameras.

2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT - All-Weather Performance Tire Test

shotxero

Music Video Shot on BMPCC6K

PostFri Sep 04, 2020 10:17 am

Directed & Edited by Me
DP - Ray Ramirez

Gear Used
BMPPC6k
Sigma 18-35mm
Canon 100mm 2.8L
Tiffen Black Promist 1/4
Aputure Nova p300
Astera Titan Tubes

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/453438494" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/453438494">Jazzy Mejia Feat. Baer - Xbox</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/nelsonmoran">Nelson Moran</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Yannick Willox

PostSat Sep 05, 2020 11:53 am

Great stuff in this thread !

this is our first multicam video shoot. We have been recording 25+ years audio only, making the transition to video since the pandemic.

The edited video is made of 2 concerts, without audience present. The recently renovated hall was not finished, filmed with available lighting (only top leds), 1x p6k, 3x p4k, one Sony FS5, GH5, GH5s and one GX80 ... The plan was to shoot with 6 cams, but during setup we decided to put 2 more.

Feel free to watch thru it completely and like&subscribe - a great way to support the Symfonieorkest Vlaanderen, they are doing a great effort to keep their musicians playing !

Rickiriva

PostThu Sep 17, 2020 12:10 pm

Guys how much would you be willing to pay for something like this? It was shot on 2 half day and edited in 5 hours. I’m trying to understand how much I can ask for a gig. Thanks

robedge

PostThu Sep 17, 2020 12:49 pm

Yannick Willox wrote:Great stuff in this thread !

this is our first multicam video shoot. We have been recording 25+ years audio only, making the transition to video since the pandemic.

The edited video is made of 2 concerts, without audience present. The recently renovated hall was not finished, filmed with available lighting (only top leds), 1x p6k, 3x p4k, one Sony FS5, GH5, GH5s and one GX80 ... The plan was to shoot with 6 cams, but during setup we decided to put 2 more.

Feel free to watch thru it completely and like&subscribe - a great way to support the Symfonieorkest Vlaanderen, they are doing a great effort to keep their musicians playing !

It’s great to see orchestras doing this during the pandemic.

Lately, I’ve been watching livestream performances of the The Bergen Philharmonic, Edward Gardner Chief Conductor. The camerawork is simple but effective. They are playing in front of a live audience. The orchestra started its new season three weeks ago and will be streaming its third concert tomorrow: https://www.bergenphilive.no/video-kons ... -schumann/

For some reason, the first two livestreams, featuring pianist Víkingur Ólafsson and violinist Vilde Frang, are not on the site. They had a technical problem during last week’s live stream with Frang, which may help explain that. The Ólafsson concert was in the archive within a couple of hours of the performance, but no longer seems to be available.

For the Ólafsson concert, they pre-recorded a discussion between him and Gardner and ran the recording during the intermission. Interesting comments on trying to have concerts at the moment. Ólafsson said that he had four COVID-19 tests in the days leading up to the performance.

Leon Benzakein

PostThu Sep 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Yannick Willox wrote:Great stuff in this thread !

I applaud your work.
The live arts are taking a beating.

We in the electronic community can do things to help.

This production is well done.
I salut you.

( I have liked and subscribed)
Television: Lighting/Cameraman, O.B. Camera Operator, Experience in EFP, EPG and ENG , Grip, Lamp Operator
Film: Grip, Lamp Operator
Theater: Lighting Designer, Light board Operator, Stage Electrician, Stage Management

Oyvind Fiksdal

PostThu Sep 17, 2020 3:35 pm

robedge wrote:
For some reason, the first two livestreams, featuring pianist Víkingur Ólafsson and violinist Vilde Frang, are not on the site. They had a technical problem during last week’s live stream with Frang, which may help explain that. The Ólafsson concert was in the archive within a couple of hours of the performance, but no longer seems to be available.

This may also relate to the Tono-fee that becomes expensive after more than a week streaming. I have participated in about 35 live streaming concerts in Norway since May. None of them are available anymore, except for those who own the recordings. A lot of golden hard drives in this pandemic.

rick.lang

PostThu Sep 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Great work. Yannick. What a workout for the conductor—big sigh of relief and satisfaction when they finished.
Rick Lang

Yannick Willox

PostFri Sep 25, 2020 8:05 pm

Thanks. The relief also came from finally making music together. This shoot was after 4 months of inactivity. A month later we did a second one, 14 days later a third - with audience (200) in the hall !

The second shoot is almost ready for release.

I have to say, matching bmpcc4k and 6k cams with the gh5, gh5s and sony fs5 are not so easy. Especially the gh5 and fs5 seem to shift colors around when exposure changes ever so slightly. Of course I am in no way a colorist.

Even between the 6k and 4k things get tricky in the blacks. Even inside, under LED lighting the 6k suffers from IR contamination - all black clothing become brownish compared to the 4k. I am waiting for v5 color science to see if this improves on this.

Leon Benzakein

PostSat Sep 26, 2020 2:46 pm

Yannick Willox wrote:I have to say, matching bmpcc4k and 6k cams with the gh5, gh5s and sony fs5 are not so easy. Especially the gh5 and fs5 seem to shift colors around when exposure changes ever so slightly. Of course I am in no way a colorist.

Of course you could go retro and just do it in black and white and call it a creative decision for the depressing times we live in. :roll:

I for one appreciate your tenacity and respect your determination under difficult and dangerous times.
I have family in Belgium and they appreciated this when I shared this with them.

May live performance art thrive.
Television: Lighting/Cameraman, O.B. Camera Operator, Experience in EFP, EPG and ENG , Grip, Lamp Operator
Film: Grip, Lamp Operator
Theater: Lighting Designer, Light board Operator, Stage Electrician, Stage Management

Adam Langdon

PostMon Oct 26, 2020 3:01 am

My first official short film is completed! (just some minor tweaks)
here's the trailer...
(feel free to give any feedback)

Ursa Mini 12k +Rawlite - Cinema Camera 6k - SLR Magic APO Microprimes PL/EF - Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 G2 - Aputure Lighting

Norman Lang

PostMon Oct 26, 2020 2:46 pm

Happy Halloween!

Shot with Pocket 6K Xeen 50mm, Pocket 4K Panny 12-35, DJI Mavic Pro drone and DJI pocket.

Spooky fun.

smslavin

PostMon Oct 26, 2020 3:02 pm

timbutt2 wrote:A bit of Steadicam practice with the URSA Mini Pro G2.

How do you like the Aero 30? Been kicking around the idea of picking up either it or the 15. I've had a few jobs lately where it would have been nice as running around 8-10 hours with a Ronin is less than fun..
Flight case of BM gear
BMMSC | BMPCC 4K & 6K
Deity Mics | MixPre 6 II & 10 II
MacPro flashed to 5,1 and hot rodded as much as possible

smslavin

PostMon Oct 26, 2020 3:21 pm

Latest project for a local modern dance company. I've worked with this group quite a few times in the past but mainly for stills.

I'm editing the actual performance this week.
Flight case of BM gear
BMMSC | BMPCC 4K & 6K
Deity Mics | MixPre 6 II & 10 II
MacPro flashed to 5,1 and hot rodded as much as possible

Ellory Yu

PostMon Oct 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Norman Lang wrote:Happy Halloween!

Shot with Pocket 6K Xeen 50mm, Pocket 4K Panny 12-35, DJI Mavic Pro drone and DJI pocket.

Spooky fun.

Nice short Norman. Just curious as to why you guys decide to use both the P6K and the P4K? Thanks for sharing.

Norman Lang

PostMon Oct 26, 2020 4:26 pm

Glad you liked it Ellory. We shot the beginning with the 6K. It was rigged. The 4K was barebones with the Panny zoom. The lens has IS. It was just easier to deal with as we were traipsing through the woods. I love both cameras. Nice combo. I have an Ursa Mini as well, but I love BRaw.

timbutt2

PostTue Oct 27, 2020 6:19 pm

DZOFILM PICTOR 20-55MM VS ANGENIEUX OPTIMO DP 16-42MM VS SIGMA 18-35MM

The lens comparison video is finally out. All shot on the URSA Mini Pro G2.

Ellory Yu

PostTue Oct 27, 2020 6:48 pm

timbutt2 wrote:DZOFILM PICTOR 20-55MM VS ANGENIEUX OPTIMO DP 16-42MM VS SIGMA 18-35MM
The lens comparison video is finally out. All shot on the URSA Mini Pro G2.

I've used the Angies before on an URSA and really liked them. No one buys these level of lenses since people just rent them so the price is really irrelevant and I'll go with the Angie. The DZO lens is nice and could be a bargain to own. Of course almost everyone has the Sigma 18-35 ART if they own a BMD cam.

timbutt2

PostTue Oct 27, 2020 8:06 pm

Ellory Yu wrote:I've used the Angies before on an URSA and really liked them. No one buys these level of lenses since people just rent them so the price is really irrelevant and I'll go with the Angie. The DZO lens is nice and could be a bargain to own. Of course almost everyone has the Sigma 18-35 ART if they own a BMD cam.

Yes, renting the Angies is the most logical practice. But it's nice to know that the DZO lenses can be bought at such an affordable cost and used and will be so close in quality. I'm really glad I bought it. And, it allows me to have PL lenses and start building PL lenses to go with them without needing to switch mounts. Then renting the nicer more expensive glass is still an option when the budget is there.

I bought the Sigma 18-35 Art original for stills. Started using it on the BMD Camera, and it gave great results. However, I was never a fan of the ergonomics of the still lens construction for video purposes when on the URSA Mini. It's fine on the Pocket 6K. But with the URSA Mini I want a cinema lens, and I want longer focus throw. Then the character of the DZO is much nicer than the overly clinical look of the Sigma. Plus the Sigma 18-35 is too commonplace now on the URSA Minis that having the DZO gives me a way to stand out from the pack.

robedge

PostTue Oct 27, 2020 8:49 pm

smslavin wrote:Latest project for a local modern dance company. I've worked with this group quite a few times in the past but mainly for stills.

I'm editing the actual performance this week.

This makes me want to see your video of the performance. One criticism, unrelated to the camerawork and visual editing. I found much of the dialogue difficult to understand and in some cases unintelligible. It’s frustrating. If this couldn’t be fixed in RX, subtitles would have been a good idea. Given that everyone is talking through masks, I also think that viewers would have no problem with subtitles.

Looking forward to the performance if you can link it.

Ellory Yu

PostTue Oct 27, 2020 9:00 pm

timbutt2 wrote:I bought the Sigma 18-35 Art original for stills. Started using it on the BMD Camera, and it gave great results. However, I was never a fan of the ergonomics of the still lens construction for video purposes when on the URSA Mini. It's fine on the Pocket 6K. But with the URSA Mini I want a cinema lens, and I want longer focus throw.

Yes, I agree. I use it with the pocket but on the URSA, I have a set of Xeen and Roki cine primes that I'm happy with. They have the longer focus throw, declicked, and manual lenses. Each have their own character too - like I like the softness of the Roki (but not everything is likable) because the Sigma ART is just too sharp.
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography