firmware 4.0

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Robert Niessner

Re: firmware 4.0

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Valentin Remy wrote:btw, I think I noticed a bug.

When you guys get out of the playback mode by pressing record (like before), is your camera recording when you leave playback ?

Mine did this afternoon, quite a pain because I have a long shot of just me walking with the camera because of that :p Took space for nothing. Or is there an other way to leave playback ?

Press "STOP" two times.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Valentin Remy

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 11:44 pm

There's no such thing on the Ursa Mini ? Only backward, play and forward.

Just tested again with the Record button on camera, worked normally.
It happened with the handle.
http://www.instagram.com/valentinremy.be/

adamroberts

PostSat Aug 27, 2016 9:29 am

Valentin Remy wrote:btw, I think I noticed a bug.

When you guys get out of the playback mode by pressing record (like before), is your camera recording when you leave playback ?

Mine did this afternoon, quite a pain because I have a long shot of just me walking with the camera because of that :p Took space for nothing. Or is there an other way to leave playback ?

Happened to me once before. Thought I had pressed REC twice. Will see if I can get it to happen again.

Robert Niessner

PostSat Aug 27, 2016 9:57 am

Valentin Remy wrote:There's no such thing on the Ursa Mini ? Only backward, play and forward.

Just tested again with the Record button on camera, worked normally.
It happened with the handle.

Sorry, of course you are right. I have not received my UM4.6K yet and just assumed it has the same buttons like the BMCC and the Hyperdeck products. There it works by pressing the STOP button.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Denny Smith

PostSat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm

Yes, easy assumption to make. The Micro cameras also lack a " stop" button, pressing the "play" single arrow button switches the camer to play the last clip, pressing "play" button agin stops playback. To get back to record, you press the red "Record" button, or on the Micro or Pocket, you can also press the lens release button which will also reset the camera, and the camer resets back to record mode, but any MFT active/auto lens mounted will also reset to inf.
Last edited by Denny Smith on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

rick.lang

PostSat Aug 27, 2016 9:57 pm

Denny, I thought the URSA Mini had every option and button enabled, but now I’m gonna have to upgrade this and get a camera with a “pika” button! Open to hearing what this button will do for us, but it sounds intriguing.
Rick Lang

timbutt2

PostSat Aug 27, 2016 11:36 pm

Haven't experienced the record after leaving playback issue yet, but I have experienced the walking with the camera and having hit the record trigger on the side-handle and recording a lot of useless footage.

I think the key is to be vigilant with your attention to what the camera is doing. I've grown accustomed to turning off the camera to avoid many of these mistakes. I still remember a few years ago a project where my second camera person recorded on a full HDV tape our walk to the location. It was embarrassing then, and it remains embarrassing to do so today. One solution I've come to for avoiding this is removing the battery when in transit. Then no power is going to the camera.

Now that doesn't solve your issue. However, it's the base conceptual vigilance that I'm trying to imbue upon you. Once you learn about the potential to make a mistake you should always be aware that it can be made if you're not persistently avoiding it. After all, this is all human error we're discussing here.
"I'm well trained in the art of turning **** to gold." - Tim Buttner (timbutt2)

Cameras: URSA Mini Pro G2 & Pocket 6K Pro
Past: UM4.6K, P6K, BMCC 2.5K
Computers: iMac 5K (Mid 2020) & MacBook Pro Retina 15.4in (Mid 2018)

Michael Moore

PostSat Aug 27, 2016 11:48 pm

Denny Smith wrote:Do not know why anyone would want to use the internal mic, audio is low, and it picks up all the camera noise. A small inexpensive mic with a level booster in it would work better, like the VideoMic Pro, adapted to an XLR.

Why i want to record same time XLR mic and internal mic?Maybe because my XLR microphone is profesional but mono and ursa mini internal mic is stereo.Maybe because in loud environment internal mic captured a uniform sound when rotate my camera than can be used like ambiental sound.Maybe because is not ergonomical to mount on ursa mini 2 XLR one just for ambiece sound.For documentary or news reportage its useful to use CH 1 for Voice and CH 2 to ambience sound.For wedding its also useful.

David Chapman

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 12:27 am

Hey guys,

I'm trying to understand how LUTS and Metadata are related in 4.0. There was a video from NAB that talked about the LUT being part of the metadata of the file that goes with the file. Until I saw this video, I assumed the LUTs were merely a way to display the footage while recording the BMD Film profile. Does this now work how the Alexa Mini works in regards to having the LUT as the flag in the file to enable/disable?

UPDATE:
So I see a little more detail in the note here:
Added the ability to export one of the camera’s 3D LUTs to CFast media so you can pass the 3D LUT to a colorist or editor.
So I got excited for a minute thinking it would act more like the Alexa when it came to ProRes and a look you could disable.

Last edited by David Chapman on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Chapman
Just another creative dude with a camera.

Denny Smith

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 12:30 am

rick.lang wrote:Denny, I thought the URSA Mini had every option and button enabled, but now I’m gonna have to upgrade this and get a camera with a “pika” button! Open to hearing what this button will do for us, but it sounds intriguing.

Ha, ha, thanks Rick, fixed my post, but everyone should have a "pika" button, all the rage! :lol:
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Denny Smith

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 12:50 am

Michael Moore wrote:
Denny Smith wrote:Do not know why anyone would want to use the internal mic, audio is low, and it picks up all the camera noise. A small inexpensive mic with a level booster in it would work better, like the VideoMic Pro, adapted to an XLR.

Why i want to record same time XLR mic and internal mic?Maybe because my XLR microphone is profesional but mono and ursa mini internal mic is stereo.Maybe because in loud environment internal mic captured a uniform sound when rotate my camera than can be used like ambiental sound.Maybe because is not ergonomical to mount on ursa mini 2 XLR one just for ambiece sound.For documentary or news reportage its useful to use CH 1 for Voice and CH 2 to ambience sound.For wedding its also useful.

I understand Michael, but since the built in mic is a "stereo" mic, it is a hardware issue, rather than a software switch to have it only record on one channel, while,the XLR input is recording on the other. The AF100 had "hard switches" on the camera to control the various internal mic vs XLR input routing, including doing what you want. The Ursa Mini would have to be similarly configured with a routing switch arrangement in the internal mic and XLR routing.

I was suggesting in the meantime, since,the UM does not allow integral and external XLR use at the same time. A small omni mic like the Video MicPro or something similar that is not big, but would pick up the ambient sounds you want to capture. This is what I do, using a small Sennheiser ME 62 Omni mic to get ambient location sounds or for audience Qs in a lecture situation. Keeping the main event audio on one channel and the ambient sounds on the other, keeps,them nicely separated for later use in post.
Hope this helps.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Philippe Metro

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 2:09 pm

I know some people were having trouble with the iris control of the Sigma 18-35 EF, that was solved upgrading the lens.
I don’t think it’s my case, since the lens is working as expected until I press the playback button. Then, going back to record mode, the iris control disappears and I have to turn the camera off and on again to have it working.

By the way, on 4.1 it would be very nice to be able to see the histogram when adjusting the iris. Maybe it’s already possible but I haven’t found how to do it.

Michael Moore

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 4:18 pm

Denny Smith wrote:I was suggesting in the meantime, since,the UM does not allow integral and external XLR use at the same time. A small omni mic like the Video MicPro or something similar that is not big, but would pick up the ambient sounds you want to capture. This is what I do, using a small Sennheiser ME 62 Omni mic to get ambient location sounds or for audience Qs in a lecture situation. Keeping the main event audio on one channel and the ambient sounds on the other, keeps,them nicely separated for later use in post.
Hope this helps.

Denny, i have also a Sennheiser MKE 400. But how can be resolved the ergonomical problem with ursa mini body? i dont have enought space to install my Sennheiser MKH 416 +my Sennheiser MKE 400+ my CN 170 led light. In the wedding cinema production i need to use the many time the top handle (BM shoulder mount kit). In reportage news or documentary too. So that is the reason for me to ask Blackmagic engineers to give us in final 4.0 firmware the choise to record external mic and camera mic same time in CH 1 and CH 2.

Denny Smith

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Thanks, I understand your situation. Yes,mi can see in your case how it would be an advantage to be able,to,use the internal mic on one channel and the external XLR on the other channel. The only,problem to this is, you say the internal mic is a stereo mic, which uses both channels.

The camera would need to have been hardwired si the internal mic inputs were set to be switched independently, either via a mic/line input software controlled "router swtich" in the camera wired to external input switches, like the AF100 and most ENG cameras are. We know the UM lacks,the external switching option (could be added in a future model upgrade), but we do Not know how the internal mic vs ext. mic inputs are connected to the internal router switcher. If both left/right are wired to switch together, then no software upgrade can change this, as it is a "hardware" issue. But, again, we do not know. So here is hoping BM can shed some light on this.

Perhaps Captain Hook can comment on weither switching internal mic left/right inputs independently is even possible?
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Willem Timmersma

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 7:08 pm

Had some nasty bugs this afternoon. And don't know how this happend . But when I found out playback was very choppy. Unplugged sdi cables, batteries etc and restarted my UM46. After the reboot I still had choppy playback in-camera. I knew something was wrong at this point.

Loaded the clips in Davinci to check, saw some frames with glitches. (pink/orange blocky glitches at the bottom).

Also checked if it was faulthy lexar cfast card reader and tried another one. Same issues. Also tried another card.

After that I tried to reformat in-camera like I always do. Tried to record some more, now I had black lines popping up in the footage!

Recorded a video of those black lines, and saved a .dng of those glitches. Will post them later after I forward them to bmd.

Downgraded to 3.3/upgraded to 4.0 again. The unit seems fine now. Will do some further testing tomorrow.

Anyone else experienced something like this?

Denny Smith

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 8:22 pm

Sounds like FW 4.0 is still a little unstable?
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

rick.lang

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Willem, I haven't had that sort of thing happen. Good you're reporting it to BMD. As long as you're not shooting for a client with 4.0beta, we can tolerate these hiccoughs. There seem to be a few strange things popping up with extended use of the beta, but great so many people are giving it a go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Eli hershko

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 3:22 pm

Not sure if I am doing something wrong here so maybe someone can help me figure this one out:

I've created 4 presets with different recording flavors by choosing the desired record flavor then jumping to the preset tab, clicking the + in the preset tab, then naming the different preset.
I see all 4 of them all on the presets screen at the presets tab.
I then choose to load a preset by clicking/highlighting the preset, clicking on the CHECK mark. A blue line appears underneath the named preset but when I go to the record tab to check to see if I got the desired setting the chosen preset didn't load and I am still on the prior setting I was shooting on...
Am I doing something wrong?

Is this a bug?
Eli Hershko
http://www.conjuredvisions.com
http://pro.imdb.com/name/nm2860666/

rick.lang

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 4:34 pm

Eli, that's been reported. I created several presets last week and deleted and created several presets. But only the one preset seems to work as advertised. So I don't think it's user error. If I recall correctly, the one that works was the second preset corrected! Something strange going on all right.

Rick Lang

Eli hershko

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Thx Rick!
Eli Hershko
http://www.conjuredvisions.com
http://pro.imdb.com/name/nm2860666/

cobydax

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 8:49 pm

Am I missing something, or is this actually an "unresolved" (hehehe) issue.

When I shoot with the 4.0 firmware on my 4.6k Mini, it creates folder and file names much different than my previous BMD camera: A001_08300922_C001 vs BM4K_1_2015-05-27_0312_C0000

Davinci Resolve 12.5.1 will see each .dng sequence in my older folder structure, but will not "see" into the new folder names, causing me to have to click on each folder name on the left side of the media import window, then seeing the .dng sequence on the right side under "file name".

or... am I really doing something wrong? I've scoured through the preferences and cannot find anything to force Resolve to "see" into subfolders and show me a list of importable media.

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Eli hershko wrote:but when I go to the record tab to check to see if I got the desired setting the chosen preset didn't load

This can occur when loading presets that will change from resolutions that only support certain framerates to lower resolutions supporting higher rates for example. We are looking into it but presets should otherwise work okay.

cobydax wrote:Davinci Resolve 12.5.1 will see each .dng sequence in my older folder structure, but will not "see" into the new folder names

RAW clip recognition and RAW metadata support will be in a future release of Resolve.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

cobydax

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 9:46 pm

Aha... so this is what's preventing it.

Thanks, Cap'n

Michael Moore

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Captain Hook can comment if in the future 4.1 is possible to can record same time XLR and internal microphone ?

Nuno Serrao

PostWed Aug 31, 2016 10:12 pm

So, tried 4.0 today. All was going fine until the camera wouldn't stop recording. None of the rec buttons was working and the camera kept recording (apparently) until it shut down. A 800€ Lexar 256GB 3400x was fried, all footage was gone and the card is gone.

Has this happened to anyone?

rick.lang

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 3:45 am

Nuno, the camera is designed to record continuously until the card is full without harm to the card. Something else has come into play for your card to be ruined. Post a message to 4.0beta@blackmagicdesign.com explaining as much as you can about anything that may have occurred prior to the failure of the record button to respond.

Rick Lang

FrankApollonio

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 2:22 pm

How much longer until we get a solid firmware? Idk how long beta usually lasts for

adamroberts

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 4:32 pm

FrankApollonio wrote:How much longer until we get a solid firmware? Idk how long beta usually lasts for

All depends on how many bug are found and reported. Then it's a process of finding the code that's causing the issue... Fixing it and retesting.

Herve de Ploeg

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 6:38 pm

BUG for window sensor

if you are in HD with window sensor ON (with B4 mount) when you turn off the URSA mini and turn on again you loose the window sensor !! I'explain: the option is "ON" but the pictures are not good with a circle on top !

if you put window sensor "OFF" and return to screen you have now the pictures with the circle on middle "Normal!"

and if you put again the window sensor "ON" now you have the good image with B4 lens

but when the camera are put off or remove battery ! the image return with the circle on top !
you must repeat the entire procedure. Go through "OFF" and then "ON" for sensor window button for a proper image :o

Uli Plank

PostSun Sep 04, 2016 10:19 am

Some warning for 4.0 beta: I've just lost a recording due to the battery being exhausted. The file was not readable after the camera shut down. Fortunately, I just tested a battery that seemed faulty, but it was fine, seems it was the charger. The recoding was in ProRes. Would have been quite an issue on a job…

Anybody else seen this with the beta? I never lost a file this way on older firmware.

One more thing, now that we can configure those function buttons: it would be great if we could also have the on/off switch available on the outside (if that's technically possible). If you are working from the shoulder far from mains power in lengthy docu situations, it would be great to switch the camera off and on to save some power without taking it from the shoulder and flipping the screen open.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

adamroberts

PostSun Sep 04, 2016 2:04 pm

Uli Plank wrote:... it would be great if we could also have the on/off switch available on the outside (if that's technically possible). If you are working from the shoulder far from mains power in lengthy docu situations, it would be great to switch the camera off and on to save some power without taking it from the shoulder and flipping the screen open.

Been discussed in various posts. Not possible due to the hardware design. :-(

Uli Plank

PostSun Sep 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Thanks, Adam, sorry for not noticing it.

I wonder how much BM saved by not making that another outside button or placing it elsewhere…

But then, there are not many other design flaws IMHO.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Hubertus Hinse

PostSun Sep 04, 2016 10:10 pm

Hello dear forum users!

This is my first post, so please forgive any inadequacies ;)

today I tried the 4.0 beta firmware on my Ursa Mini 4K.
The menu structure and the new way of operating the system I like very much, they did a great job there.
But to my surprise I suddenly discovered stuck bright pixels in my footage.
I have been using the Ursa Mini 4K for six weeks now and I never had any dead or stuck pixels.
Now, with the beta 4.0 firmware there are at least two constantly white / bright spots in my footage, especially if it comes to lowlight / dark surroundings. I was shocked because I couldn’t understand how that was possible.
Then I made a rollback to the 3.3 firmware - and the stuck pixels where gone in the next footage I shot.
I tested this several times now. With 4.0 firmware there are bright stuck pixels when shooting lowlight / dark surroundings, with 3.3 there are none. (ISO 400, RAW 3:1, 178 shutter, 25fps)
So I guess there has to be some kind of error-correcting or pixel-compensating algorithm in 4.0 that is not working properly.
Did anyone have similar experiences?

Thanks and best regards from Germany,

Hubertus

--- --- ---

Edit 8.9.2016

Ups! I discovered that the topic was discussed earlier in this thread by Willem Timmersma, Denny Smith and others. Sorry! At least I can confirm that the dead / stuck pixels will be gone after going back to 3.4.
Last edited by Hubertus Hinse on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jacob Pattinson

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 6:46 am

All the information around the screen despaired when i switched lenses. now i see nothing so i cant select cards to format or edit WB ISO ect directly from the screen. ..

Anyone else have this problem ?

Uli Plank

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 8:03 am

Did you try to swipe up and down?

adamroberts

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 8:31 am

Jacob Pattinson wrote:All the information around the screen despaired when i switched lenses. now i see nothing so i cant select cards to format or edit WB ISO ect directly from the screen. ..

Anyone else have this problem ?

In the manual it explains how you can show and hide on-screen info by swiping up and down.

Swiping left or right will bring up the slate.

Worth reading the manual as there are a lot of changes. :-)

Paul Kapp

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 9:40 am

4.0 features I really like:
Touchscreen is indeed great and intuitive to use
Playback has up to 16x speeds
Peaking remains on when in playback to check focus after a shot
Same with audio levels
Turning the audio dials brings up sliders on the screen which show you where you levels are
Automatic calculation of flicker free shutter speeds based on user selection of local power frequency plus manual override of these frequencies for outdoors & continuous lighting
Double tap to zoom
Full screen mode
Playback menu
False color on any screen or output
Current software version displayed
Presets import, export

Uli Plank

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 10:14 am

Chris Hocking wrote:With ProRes at least, the audio is always recorded in real-time, so if you record at 120fps, it will have the start of the clip with audio in realtime, then go to silence, even though picture's still going.

I hope it's not a bug, but a feature, since I don't see it documented anywhere. I love to have this option!

Regarding audio recording: even if it might not be possible to mix internal and external, here is something that should be possible:
When I switch to have both channels recording from input 1, I'd like to adjust the volume independently. Until now it is coupled. Having one channel set lower than the other is an old trick for getting decent mono sound with massive changes in the environment (and without a sound recordist around …).

rick.lang

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 11:55 am

Uli, that has been a feature touted on their webpage, but last time I tried it, if you linked channel 2 to channel 1, anytime you moved the audio knob, both channels changed in sync rather than channel 2 being lower. Now when I did that I was using the external XLR on a single mic. If you had two external mics, not linked, I’m sure they are independently controlled. I don’t use the internal mic, but I believe when I tried that a while back, it too was in sync, not stepped as you would like. Maybe general release 4,0 firmware will enable this.
Rick Lang

Terrence Wilkins

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 12:44 pm

Can't get windows 7 64 to install the ursa mini 46 drivers. It isn't recognized over usb, any suggestions?

Denny Smith

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 4:06 pm

Uli Plank wrote:Thanks, Adam, sorry for not noticing it.
I wonder how much BM saved by not making that another outside button or placing it elsewhere…
But then, there are not many other design flaws IMHO.

A little background... The drawback to having an unprotected, external power switch, (this was an issue with a lot of ENG cameras that were stored with battery mounted in ready cases) is the switch can be accidently turned on very easily, draining the battery, or recording accidently. The solution was to put the power switch behind a door, in this, behind the screen in the Ursa and Mini. Now the camera can be stored with the Battery or moved from tripod to a new location, without accidently powering the camera up.
DS
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Uli Plank

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 5:22 pm

Yeah, I got that, have been in quite few broadcast doc situations where that could have been an issue.

Nevertheless, it might be a great option to have something like a 'sleep' mode with minimal power consumption to be activated when the screen is closed.

Valentin Remy

PostMon Sep 05, 2016 6:49 pm

Uli Plank wrote:Yeah, I got that, have been in quite few broadcast doc situations where that could have been an issue.

Nevertheless, it might be a great option to have something like a 'sleep' mode with minimal power consumption to be activated when the screen is closed.

No thanks ! I don't want the camera to take time for going out of sleep mode.

The screen is already turning off when we close it, that's enough imo ^^
http://www.instagram.com/valentinremy.be/

FrankApollonio

PostTue Sep 06, 2016 4:46 am

I notice when I change settings sometimes the evf has the old settings still listed.

jerrygladh

PostTue Sep 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Went back to 3.4 to get the IS working
Anyone got IS (OS) on canon and sigma lenses with 4.0?

Jerry
DR Studio | Mac Pro 7.1 16c | 192 GB Ram | 2x RX 6900 xt | MBP M1
BM G2 | G1 | 3xP6kPro | Canon C300 M3, R5c, XF605
Asus PA32UCG, Eizo CG 318, 319 | Atomos Sumo 19SE | LG C9
Atem Mini Extreme| Ultrastudio Mini 4k | Mini Panel

adamroberts

PostTue Sep 06, 2016 8:41 pm

FrankApollonio wrote:I notice when I change settings sometimes the evf has the old settings still listed.

Have you also updated the EVF?

adamroberts

PostTue Sep 06, 2016 8:42 pm

jerrygladh wrote:Went back to 3.4 to get the IS working
Anyone got IS (OS) on canon and sigma lenses with 4.0?

Appears to be an issue for us all. Maybe a fix in the next release.

rick.lang

PostWed Sep 07, 2016 2:01 am

As Adam indicated, after you update the camera to 4.0beta, you need to plug in a USB connector to the BM Viewfinder to bring it up to 4.0beta. If you don't do that some of the new features won't show up when using the BMVF.

Rick Lang

paul ross jones

Re: URSA & URSA Mini EF Lens Compatibility List - Firmware 3

PostMon Sep 12, 2016 8:44 am

I have a canon ef 50mm f1.0 lens and a ef 85mm f1.2 mk1 lens. They both worked with the first firmware, but i updated my firmware to the newer (the last previous version) and both the lenses stopped working. No aperture, no focus movement (due to them needing power to help move the focus ring at all).

I took the camera and lens back to the shop, they down graded the software to the firmware the camera came with, and it started working again. But the new firmware is needed to work efficiently.

So something has changed the capability with these lenses. It is a shame as these are both very beautiful lenses (especially the 50). These lenses work with every EF based camera I have used, sony adapters, all models of canon, cheap chinese e-mount/ef adaptors.

If someone is listening from blackmagic, please sort this out. I brought a ef mount ursa mini 4.6k that worked with my favourite rare lenses(I checked this before I brought it) , and now they don't work.

paul

Juri Beythien

PostFri Sep 16, 2016 10:32 pm

Oh wow,
ok mates, i dont know if that can be possible what i see here, but i have the feeling that the FPN on my UrsaMini 4K got BETTER after the update to BETA 2 :shock:
Even ISO800 is suddenly more useable than ever before on my cam..
Captain Hook, did you work on it? Or am i seeing ghosts? :lol:

EDIT*: Even my Deadpixel in the upper left area of the sensor is gone, great!!
--> Anybody with the same experiences on BETA2 here?
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography