BMCC rust on bottom? On 2 camera bodies...

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Christian Schmeer

  • Posts: 904
  • Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:07 pm
  • Location: London, UK

Re: BMCC rust on bottom? On 2 camera bodies...

PostSun Mar 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Mine has the same thing.
Christian Schmeer - DP / Colourist
www.christianschmeer.com
www.vimeo.com/christianschmeer
Offline

Bill Rich

  • Posts: 292
  • Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:19 pm
  • Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: BMCC rust on bottom? On 2 camera bodies...

PostSun Mar 24, 2013 10:19 pm

My BMCC does not have this issue
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California
Offline

Kristian Lam

Blackmagic Design

  • Posts: 885
  • Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: BMCC rust on bottom? On 2 camera bodies...

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 12:44 am

Hi,

When the camera bodies are sandblasted, some of the sandblasting materials get deposited behind and because they are blind holes, may not get cleaned away properly. This is purely cosmetic and nothing to worry about. It's definitely not rust or battery fluids.

It's tricky but you should be able to clean it off if you find a tool fine enough to get into the holes.
Offline
User avatar

Thomas Schumacher

  • Posts: 750
  • Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:14 pm
  • Location: Germany

Re: BMCC rust on bottom? On 2 camera bodies...

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 7:20 am

Thanks Kristian for stopping the madness!
https://www.gernemehrfilm.de/
Offline

Darryl Gregory

  • Posts: 939
  • Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 am
  • Location: LA

Re: BMCC rust on bottom? On 2 camera bodies...

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 7:20 am

gmf wrote:Thanks Kristian for stopping the madness!


not madness, more like awareness, and it is all thanks to BMD for allowing us to openly discuss their products here.

Thanks Kristian for the final word on the BMCC "Weird Stains" I'm satisfied with your explanation.


Thanks again.
Offline
User avatar

Cam Macduff

  • Posts: 123
  • Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:20 am
  • Location: New Zealand

Re: BMCC rust on bottom? On 2 camera bodies...

PostMon Apr 01, 2013 7:43 am

Mines exactly the same too. Any word on what it might be?
Offline

Darryl Gregory

  • Posts: 939
  • Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 am
  • Location: LA

Re: BMCC rust on bottom? On 2 camera bodies...

PostMon Apr 01, 2013 7:50 am

Cam Macduff wrote:Mines exactly the same too. Any word on what it might be?


Yes read the entire thread!

UPDATE 4/1/2013 12:52 PST: Some of the posts on this thread have been deleted, I'm confused now!
Do we really have a problem we need to worry about?
Offline

Christine Peterson

  • Posts: 662
  • Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:00 pm
  • Location: Boston, MA

Re: BMCC rust on bottom? On 2 camera bodies...

PostMon Apr 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Darryl Gregory wrote:
Cam Macduff wrote:Mines exactly the same too. Any word on what it might be?


Yes read the entire thread!

UPDATE 4/1/2013 12:52 PST: Some of the posts on this thread have been deleted, I'm confused now!
Do we really have a problem we need to worry about?

According to our moderator logs, no one has ever deleted any posts from this thread... Not sure what you are referring to?

Cam, Kristian Lam provided this answer:
Kristian Lam wrote:Hi,

When the camera bodies are sandblasted, some of the sandblasting materials get deposited behind and because they are blind holes, may not get cleaned away properly. This is purely cosmetic and nothing to worry about. It's definitely not rust or battery fluids.

It's tricky but you should be able to clean it off if you find a tool fine enough to get into the holes.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)
Offline
User avatar

Cam Macduff

  • Posts: 123
  • Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:20 am
  • Location: New Zealand

Re: BMCC rust on bottom? On 2 camera bodies...

PostMon Apr 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Brilliant. Thanks!
Offline

7681production

  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: BMCC rust on bottom? On 2 camera bodies...

PostMon Apr 01, 2013 9:12 pm

same issue on my camera.
Offline
User avatar

Randy Walters

  • Posts: 223
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:28 am
  • Location: Bristol, RI USA

Re: BMCC rust on bottom? On 2 camera bodies...

PostTue Apr 02, 2013 2:30 am

(throws up hands in mock exasperation)

This. Is. Really. Not. An Issue. Period.

Really.

Return to Cinematography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests