Introducing Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

spike

Re: Introducing Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 12:51 pm

John Brawley wrote:
spike wrote:
So if that is the case (was this in the uk?) would you suggest everyone from the UK not preorder and just call on the day of release? I would really like to know if BMD has a contingency plan in place this time for UK preorders and retailers as I would have no hesitation in saying that the UK customers were the worst effected and the most upset/hard done by when it came to the BMCC.

That's a question for BMD.

jb

I'm sure they patrol these boards. So the question still stands to anyone from BMD. I also believe that having Europe as one district and equally distributing the devices throughout is actually unfair to the UK. I will predict that the UK probably has at least 25-50% of the preorders from Europe alone? Does this not suggest that the UK and the rest of Europe should be separated as different regions or at least the delivered units to the UK should reflect this?
BMD products: -
ATEM 1 M/E
Teranex 2D
GPI/Tally
SDI distribution
HDMI to SDI converter
Sync Gen
Smartview HD
Smartview Duo
Ultrastudio Mini Recorder

jevon99

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 12:59 pm

I'm concerned about the UK shipping problems too...

I ordered my BMCC from CVP early September 2012, and am obviously still waiting...
I also ordered a BMPC a few days ago, from a smaller supplier, (pretty much as soon as I read about it...) I'm 4th on the list at this supplier...

I honestly think the 4k is gonna turn up first...
Glen Jevon
www.facebook.com/glenjevon

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 6:09 pm

If you haven't already done so, you might contact BMD directly in addition to the somewhat more random method via this forum.

Personally I find it fascinating how slowly BMCCs appear to be reaching (or rather, not reaching) customers outside the US. Note that things like this don't always work out this way: Panasonic seems to have the opposite problem; their popular "GH" cameras have for years have lagged in availability in the US vs. the rest of the world, without explanation.

As much as I'd love to know why BMCCs are harder to buy in the EU than in the US, in fact we may never know.

But on a case by case basis, for better or worse, there's a reason why the truism, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease.", exists.

BMD's contact info is on their website. And, yes, I assume you might initially receive some sort of "boiler plate" response, but if you're persistent a back & forth exchange with BMD may be worth more than the electrons (assuming you use email) are written on. And, if you receive an unsatisfactory response, request a reply from upper management.

Just because we now have web forums doesn't mean old-fashioned means of communication (phone, snail-mail) don't work anymore. It might be worth a try. And let us know what you find out.

In the meantime, I suspect with every week that goes by BMD's sensor & camera manufacturing increases in volume, eventually making this issue a moot point. We hope. Cheers.

Christine Peterson

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 7:35 pm

DaleCampbellFilms wrote:Hi Christine,

Just wondering how much the body with battery weighs? Didn't spot it in the spec but may by missing it in my excited state ;)

The weight is about 355g / 8.9 ounces.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Christine Peterson

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Michael Sandiford wrote:You at NAB christine, catch our man on the floor Khachik, should be hanging around with Phil Arntz.

It was great to meet him! :)
Christine Peterson

Dumbski

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 10:25 pm

The problem with unequal distribution between US and Europe might have been related to BM not wanting to mess up their NAB show where it should be about their new camera's and not about camera's that haven't been shipped.

I had a thought about this NAB roadshow coming up and how frustrating it would be for them to get all the disappointed customers on their stand. Then JB wrote this on his blog: " They seem to have dramatically sped up production in the last month or so, probably not wanting to be dealing with the lynch mob of customers with preorders at NAB ! " This makes me wonder if the marketing and PR department have interfered with a fair distribution.

So with NAB out of they way, they might be looking at the next big show they put up, and with July shipping, and one of the next big shows is.....IBC Amsterdam, which will be september, maybe there will be some more stress on supplying EU customers first :P

At the same time i would like to say that i am pretty much done with these announcements and the pre-ordering stuff, while the product itself isn't ready. There isn't even any footage available. And i do understand that they are doing something new and something great but for me the BM engineers do the magical part. I really love the product and the performance of the first camera's. However the BM PR and marketing department perform like everything you would expect from the 'old school' companies. If this July date is not being matched, i suggest BM change their policy on announcing new awesome products and let the engineers dictate the marketing department a realistic release date and not the other way around.

And while i am at it, pls stop announcing new camera's while they are not ready to ship, improve the firmware on the ones that do ship, improve the little flaws, let people enjoy their camera's for a bit, work on the overall details. Great companies don't need the marketshare rush. Your camera's will sell because they are awesome. And delivered like you informed us. Go BM engineers. Marketeer talking heads please shut up and follow the guys that do the magic.

Richard Oakes

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi, without the in camera correction, the barrel distortion on the mft lenses is quite extreme. Does the pocket camera offer this? Or does it at least save the lens information to the RAW files for correction in post? Thanks.
Richard Oakes.

No Logo

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 10:29 pm

All my lens work perfect on 35mm sensor , bu as we know pocket is just super 16mm sensor . My knowledge about super 16mm sensor is very small . I know this sensor used to be very popular , and many good moves was shoot with it . Is anyone knows website where I can find out much more about lens which goes with super 16mm sensor . I know google is the best to start , what I did , but any way maybe someone knows good website .

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Darkfable wrote:Hi, without the in camera correction, the barrel distortion on the mft lenses is quite extreme. Does the pocket camera offer this? Or does it at least save the lens information to the RAW files for correction in post? Thanks.

I believe John Brawley has recently posted that no, the BMPCC will not do in-camera lens correction. I also doubt it'll embed lens metadata in recordings.

However, it may be a moot point if the footage looks good or better than expected. For example, since the BMPCC's sensor is smaller than those in other MFT cameras, with some lenses the center of the frame can be "flatter" than towards the edges.

JB says he hopes to have preliminary BMPCC footage to show us "soon". He owns several MFT lenses, so I suspect he'll show some of those in use on the BMPCC. Stay tuned.
http://johnbrawley.wordpress.com/

Christine Peterson

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Tomski wrote:This makes me wonder if the marketing and PR department have interfered with a fair distribution.

I suggest BM change their policy on announcing new awesome products and let the engineers dictate the marketing department a realistic release date and not the other way around.

As a member of the PR department, I can say with certainty that we did not affect the distribution of cameras. The marketing department doesn't dictate any dates, they all come from the CEO and the engineering department.
Christine Peterson

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Christine Peterson wrote:
Tomski wrote:This makes me wonder if the marketing and PR department have interfered with a fair distribution.

I suggest BM change their policy on announcing new awesome products and let the engineers dictate the marketing department a realistic release date and not the other way around.

As a member of the PR department, I can say with certainty that we did not affect the distribution of cameras. The marketing department doesn't dictate any dates, they all come from the CEO and the engineering department.

Darn. For a minute there I was enjoying an image of Christine, chomping on a big cigar, while she slams her fist on her desk and loudly barks out orders over the phone, brow-beating poor BMD shipping clerks into sending more boxes to Amerika than to the Old World.

Darn reality!

:-)

Richard Oakes

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:
Darkfable wrote:Hi, without the in camera correction, the barrel distortion on the mft lenses is quite extreme. Does the pocket camera offer this? Or does it at least save the lens information to the RAW files for correction in post? Thanks.

I believe John Brawley has recently posted that no, the BMPCC will not do in-camera lens correction. I also doubt it'll embed lens metadata in recordings.

However, it may be a moot point if the footage looks good or better than expected. For example, since the BMPCC's sensor is smaller than those in other MFT cameras, with some lenses the center of the frame can be "flatter" than towards the edges.

JB says he hopes to have preliminary BMPCC footage to show us "soon". He owns several MFT lenses, so I suspect he'll show some of those in use on the BMPCC. Stay tuned.
http://johnbrawley.wordpress.com/

Thanks man, lets hope so!
Richard Oakes.

Gilly

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 11:40 pm

I just want to see the pocket camera mounted in the Movi rig/multi rotor RC copter!!!!
http://vimeo.com/freeflycinema/freeflyroam
"Gilly"
Bill Gilbride
i7 3.5 ghz quadcore hackentosh with dual THUNDERBOLT
240g SSD
GTX 780 4k Ready!
I got tired of waiting on apple :)

zigizigi

PostTue Apr 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Will classic 4/3 lenses work with BMPCC via electronic adapter?

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostTue Apr 16, 2013 4:31 pm

zigizigi wrote:Will classic 4/3 lenses work with BMPCC via electronic adapter?

Maybe. No guarantees. I believe JB mentions the possibility on his blog:
http://johnbrawley.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... e-orginal/

But the camera isn't shipping yet, so it may be a while before you'll have an opportunity to test this for yourself.

Richard Oakes

PostTue Apr 16, 2013 5:09 pm

When do we get to see some footage of the pocket, I was told by the end of NAB and I'm checking every hour!! The impatience is strong with this one lol :P so excited!!!
Richard Oakes.

Jace Ross

PostTue Apr 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Darkfable wrote:When do we get to see some footage of the pocket, I was told by the end of NAB and I'm checking every hour!! The impatience is strong with this one lol :P so excited!!!

Haha I've been doing the same, I'm pretty keen to sell off some kit and preorder but I want to see more than a body and marketing hype.
BMPCC, FD Canon 28mm f2.8, Tokina 80-200mm F4, Tamron 70-300mm f4 C Canon J6x12 MFT SLR Magic 17mm T1.6, Sigma 19mm f2.8, Samyang 7.5mm f3.5
Rode VideoMic, Viewfactor Cage/Handle/Grip/Perspex backing

cabo

PostWed Apr 17, 2013 5:44 am

A couple of idle questions that haven't been addressed, or found yet....

Is the HDMI live during all modes ? ie playback, pre-roll, and record ? Another thread mentioned that "10-bit YUV 4:2:2. Overlays can be turned off if you need a clean feed" so I'm assuming that's a yes.

Any idea of the screen size, looking at using a flip-up direct-view eyepiece hood thing like a Zacuto Z-finder which would be ideal as it isn't a touch-screen.

Jaakko Ruuska

PostWed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 am

Hi, Christine!

I am a documentarist, with a project in preproduction state. In 15th of July, in 2013 I am leaving for a long hike,
as part of the project, that I am working with. The hike should end up in the final film.

So I understand that it might be impossible for you to know it, but I am wondering if the camera would be shipped before the date to Finland.

The documentary is about modern relationship with nature, and the hike is about to happen in exteriors without heavy gear with me. Therefore, I believe, that your camera would be perfect for it.

So please, let me know, when ever you know, that the camera is ready to be shipped.

Yours

Jaakko

Michael Coviello

PostWed Apr 17, 2013 11:57 am

cabo wrote:A couple of idle questions that haven't been addressed, or found yet....

Is the HDMI live during all modes ? ie playback, pre-roll, and record ? Another thread mentioned that "10-bit YUV 4:2:2. Overlays can be turned off if you need a clean feed" so I'm assuming that's a yes.

Any idea of the screen size, looking at using a flip-up direct-view eyepiece hood thing like a Zacuto Z-finder which would be ideal as it isn't a touch-screen.

Cabo, have you looked at the actual product page on blackmagic's website? "..HDMI out with optional overlays for easy on set monitoring." "..extremely high resolution 3.5” LCD.."

Timccr

PostWed Apr 17, 2013 5:06 pm

So if I want to get a 100 degree FOV on an S16 sensor without spending more than say a grand what lens should I be looking for?

rick.lang

PostWed Apr 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Jaakko Ruuska wrote:Hi, Christine!

I am a documentarist, with a project in preproduction state. In 15th of July, in 2013 I am leaving for a long hike,
as part of the project, that I am working with. The hike should end up in the final film.

So I understand that it might be impossible for you to know it, but I am wondering if the camera would be shipped before the date to Finland.

The documentary is about modern relationship with nature, and the hike is about to happen in exteriors without heavy gear with me. Therefore, I believe, that your camera would be perfect for it.

So please, let me know, when ever you know, that the camera is ready to be shipped.

Yours

Jaakko

You need to contact BMD directly and I suspect your only hope of taking the new camera on a hike is if you can convince them to let you join the beta test program. Given the nature of your shoot, they may be very interested in supporting you but you will likely need to be in a position where you can quickly share the results with the community and otherwise promote the camera. I don't mean you have to sell the camera but discuss it with the community and share samples etc.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostWed Apr 17, 2013 6:12 pm

rick.lang wrote:

Yours

Jaakko

You need to contact BMD directly and I suspect your only hope of taking the new camera on a hike is if you can convince them to let you join the beta test program. Given the nature of your shoot, they may be very interested in supporting you but you will likely need to be in a position where you can quickly share the results with the community and otherwise promote the camera. I don't mean you have to sell the camera but discuss it with the community and share samples etc.

Rick Lang

Hi Rick: I wish Jaakko all the luck in the world, and I'm a huge fan of BMD's cameras, but I think it would be a mistake for him to plan a project around a camera that very well may not be available sufficiently in advance of his trip to allow him to adequately test it & become familiar with it (including its entire shooting-to-editing workflow). BMD has said the new cams will be available "by the end of July 2013", but I have my doubts about that for good reason!

Even worse would be his relying, even in part, on beta gear for documenting a "long hike".

My guess is he'll only be able to carry a relatively small amount of gear, so he might possibly not be able to bring a spare camera -- although I'd never recommend doing that. Especially if he brings a beta camera, his spare camera should be at least as good quality -- too risky otherwise.

Jaakko, my advice is to consider using a different camera for your project. Perhaps a BMCC, or preferably some other more readily-available, known-reliable camera, and a couple of lightweight lenses. And even then, bring a good spare camera.

Cheers.

Christine Peterson

PostWed Apr 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Yours

Jaakko

Hi Jaako,

I wish we could help, but we cannot offer any early camera sales, sponsorships, or giveaways. And we are not accepting any additional members to our beta testing program. I'm sorry!
Christine Peterson

Bill Rich

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 2:43 am

What if I change my name to Bill "Blackmagic" Rich? Could I participate in your beta program for the Pocket camera? I Love my BMCC and she needs a little sister!
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California

rick.lang

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 2:48 am

Bill Rich wrote:What if I change my name to Bill "Blackmagic" Rich? Could I participate in your beta program for the Pocket camera? I Love my BMCC and she needs a little sister!

Maybe if you tattoo that on an unmentionable part of your anatomy, they might relent!

Rick Lang
Rick Lang

Bill Rich

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 3:09 am

well.. I not sure I'll take it that far.. LOL!!
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California

Jace Ross

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 3:18 am

rick.lang wrote:
Bill Rich wrote:What if I change my name to Bill "Blackmagic" Rich? Could I participate in your beta program for the Pocket camera? I Love my BMCC and she needs a little sister!

Maybe if you tattoo that on an unmentionable part of your anatomy, they might relent!

Rick Lang

Haha well I'm dating a tattoo artist, I could have this arranged. I'd do it for a free camera (I've got sillier tattoos) but not for the beta.
BMPCC, FD Canon 28mm f2.8, Tokina 80-200mm F4, Tamron 70-300mm f4 C Canon J6x12 MFT SLR Magic 17mm T1.6, Sigma 19mm f2.8, Samyang 7.5mm f3.5

Joseph Ciccarella

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 12:54 pm

Dear Blackmagic,

I plan to have "Blackmagic" tattooed all over as well as inside my body. I will of course be needing several cameras to document the process as well as to swallow so that I may record the intricate details of my internal tattooing and the long voyage through my small intestine. Please send me 14 BMCPocket Cams so that I may proceed immediately. It is a very important project and should quite thoroughly put your product through its paces. I look forward to receiving my cameras post haste. Most appreciated! ;)
Joseph Ciccarella
www.quietallaround.com

Christine Peterson

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 3:52 pm

:lol:
Christine Peterson

Taikonaut

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Dear Christine,
I think you are really fit. Can I join the beta list please :lol:
I can even do a convincing Hugh Grant accent ;)

Jace Ross

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 11:26 pm

Joseph Ciccarella wrote:Dear Blackmagic,

I plan to have "Blackmagic" tattooed all over as well as inside my body. I will of course be needing several cameras to document the process as well as to swallow so that I may record the intricate details of my internal tattooing and the long voyage through my small intestine. Please send me 14 BMCPocket Cams so that I may proceed immediately. It is a very important project and should quite thoroughly put your product through its paces. I look forward to receiving my cameras post haste. Most appreciated! ;)

How could they say no? Hahaha

Steve Wake

PostFri Apr 19, 2013 12:02 am

Christine Peterson wrote:
DaleCampbellFilms wrote:Hi Christine,

Just wondering how much the body with battery weighs? Didn't spot it in the spec but may by missing it in my excited state ;)

The weight is about 355g / 8.9 ounces.

355g converts to 12.5 ounces. (28.4g = 1 oz)

Sorry, the former chemistry teacher in me could not let an incorrect conversion go.

Really looking forward to this camera!

Saint-Oblas

PostFri Apr 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Sounds great at first look! But once again, BMC has missed the proper mount! The BPCC sensor is much closer to the Nikon 1 size than the MFT. Therefore once again, it will be a tough job finding a real wide-angle. An other point: all Panasonic and Olympus lenses at a price which is in line with the BPCC have distorsions which are corrected in the Pana and Olympus cameras. Does BM have the same corrections? The interest of this camera is NOT to be obliged of building a ridiculous and expensive Golberg assembly as the one on BMC NAB stand!

cabo

PostSat Apr 20, 2013 3:17 am

I'm thrilled with the Super-16 option as it opens up not only the legacy glass (like the 8mm Optar Illumina), but also repurposes the incredibly fast zooms from Canon and Fujinon's EFP lenses in the Sony B4 mount. Granted, the optical adapter isn't cheap (Abakus 132 or RED Super-16) but the ability to have a handheld 16:1 zoom is priceless. If you aspire to ultra-wide fully rectilinear-corrected glass and have deep pockets, the ultimate seems to be the Zeiss 3.9 Digiprime with over 100 degree FOV. For daily use I'll be happy with the Panny 7-14 or the stabilized 12-35. Not concerned about in-camera lens corrections - lots of ways to fix that in post.

CptZero

PostSat Apr 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Can i record via hyperdrck shuttle via hdmi of this pocket camera?

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostSat Apr 20, 2013 10:44 pm

CptZero wrote:Can i record via hyperdrck shuttle via hdmi of this pocket camera?

Yes. The HDMI connector will reportedly output "clean" (w/o text or icons) 10-bit 4:2:2 1080p.

-

cabo

PostSun Apr 21, 2013 11:27 am

Isn't it about time for a 'lost' memory card to turn up at a bar or something ? I know, NDA's and all the rules but it's a full week following NAB and nothing ! Just one DNG ? Please ?

Micjacksmo5

PostSun Apr 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Hello All

I am new to the site! I am looking to make a purchase of bmpc or bmcc but I am not sure which way I should go. Any suggestions? I am hearing mixed reviews about both. I need the opinion of you experience BM users..

Thanks

adamroberts

PostSun Apr 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Micjacksmo5 wrote:Hello All

I am new to the site! I am looking to make a purchase of bmpc or bmcc but I am not sure which way I should go. Any suggestions? I am hearing mixed reviews about both. I need the opinion of you experience BM users..

Thanks

Then start reading through the threads already on this forum. I'm sure you'll find more than enough opinions to keep you busy.

rick.lang

PostSun Apr 21, 2013 3:54 pm

cabo wrote:I'm thrilled with the Super-16 option as it opens up not only the legacy glass (like the 8mm Optar Illumina), but also repurposes the incredibly fast zooms from Canon and Fujinon's EFP lenses in the Sony B4 mount. Granted, the optical adapter isn't cheap (Abakus 132 or RED Super-16) but the ability to have a handheld 16:1 zoom is priceless. If you aspire to ultra-wide fully rectilinear-corrected glass and have deep pockets, the ultimate seems to be the Zeiss 3.9 Digiprime with over 100 degree FOV. For daily use I'll be happy with the Panny 7-14 or the stabilized 12-35. Not concerned about in-camera lens corrections - lots of ways to fix that in post.

Great recommendations there, thanks. Care to share your recommended techniques for fixing the lens distortion of Panasonic and Olympus MFT lenses in post? It might be worthwhile if you created a new thread for that topic as it would be an important discussion.

Rick Lang
Last edited by rick.lang on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Lang

rick.lang

PostSun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Micjacksmo5 wrote:Hello All

Thanks

It all depends upon what you want, what you currently have that you can use with the new cameras, what fits your budget for planned purchases, your post experience, your post operations, and your deliverable requirements. Although at this point we can only compare prices and specifications, most here are waiting to see sample output from the new cameras. That doesn't stop the brave and intrepid explorers from ordering one of each until they can decide which directions they are heading.

Rick Lang
Rick Lang

CptZero

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 1:34 am

whats the crop factor of this camera by the way? thanks

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 3:19 am

CptZero wrote:whats the crop factor of this camera by the way? thanks

Approx. 3x (2.89 or some such) relative to full-frame 135.

-

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 am

Micjacksmo5 wrote:Hello All, I am new to the site! I am looking to make a purchase of bmpc or bmcc but I am not sure which way I should go. Any suggestions? I am hearing mixed reviews about both. I need the opinion of you experience BM users.. Thanks

In addition to Rick's spot-on comments, it will be helpful if you could let us know what your primary use(s) for the camera will be. Also, such things as what your overall equipment needs are (do you also need camera accessories, tripod, lenses, filters, etc.?), your approx. overall budget range for gear, and so forth.

It'll make it somewhat easier to make recommendations if you tell us more about how you want to use the cam, what else you might need, and so forth. Cheers.

Richard Oakes

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Still waiting to see some test footage of the pocket.
The fact it's taking so long to produce anything decent doesn't fill me with confidence that this is as quality as it's made out to be.
Richard Oakes.

adamroberts

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 2:16 pm

When Sony announces a camera you don't see footage for months.

Relax... It's coming. Camera ain't out for at least 3mths.

Richard Oakes

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 4:28 pm

adamroberts wrote:When Sony announces a camera you don't see footage for months.

Relax... It's coming. Camera ain't out for at least 3mths.

Yeh that would be the case if they didn't say that the footage would be available by the end of NAB. Obviously it's not gone to plan or there would be footage out by now which is worrying. Either that or they are trying to keep up the reputation that they can't deliver anything when they say they will.
Richard Oakes.

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Darkfable wrote:Yeh that would be the case if they didn't say that the footage would be available by the end of NAB.

I don't recall anything official about that. Care to link it? I've seen nothing about when footage will be available apart from a mention by JB that the camera isn't finished enough to give footage that is representative of the final state of the camera.

Soeren Mueller

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks wrote:
Darkfable wrote:Yeh that would be the case if they didn't say that the footage would be available by the end of NAB.

I don't recall anything official about that. Care to link it? I've seen nothing about when footage will be available apart from a mention by JB that the camera isn't finished enough to give footage that is representative of the final state of the camera.

Hm I too recall that somewhere/sometime somebody from BM said by end of NAB we would see footage. Was it perhaps in one of the interviews? (by Marco Solorio or somebody else)

But I immediately thought that it would be a "usual BM rough estimate" ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography