Introducing Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Christine Peterson

Introducing Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Good morning from Las Vegas!

For your convenience, here is the full text of the press release for the Pocket Cinema Camera:

Blackmagic Design Announces Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
New compact Super 16 digital cinema camera with 13 stops of dynamic range, allows shooting with a professional film look in a beautiful design that fits in your pocket!

NAB 2013, Las Vegas, USA - April 8, 2013 - Blackmagic Design today announced Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, a beautifully designed, pocket sized digital cinema camera that includes powerful features such as Super 16mm sized 1080HD sensor, super wide 13 stops of dynamic range, built in SD card recorder for Apple ProRes, lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW capture and active Micro Four Thirds lens mount, all in an attractive compact design for only US$995.

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera will be demonstrated on the Blackmagic Design NAB 2013 booth at #SL218.

Since the original Blackmagic Cinema Camera was launched at NAB 2012, it has been celebrated by industry professionals for its amazing film look and accurate and cinematic color. The new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera has most of the features of its bigger brother, including its feature film look, but has been redesigned with a dramatically smaller size that is less than an inch thick and can be held easily in your hand.

This compact design allows the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera to be used in more situations where a larger camera would not be practical. It’s so small that it can be used in situations in the field where a larger camera could be dangerous. The camera’s film look even allows personal video to be shot with the style and creativity of a motion picture film!

The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features an industry standard Super 16 sensor size, so it’s perfect when using Super 16 cine lenses via MFT adapters, as the shooting experience is the same as using the same lens on a Super 16 film camera. The 13 stops of dynamic range look of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is almost identical to shooting on a professional Super 16 film camera. The Micro Four Thirds lenses offer a wide range of low cost lenses with amazing image quality, and they are compatible with mount adapters such as PL mounts for large lens and professional motion picture film rigs.

One of the most important features of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is its super wide dynamic range of 13 stops, allowing feature film quality images. A common mistake in the television industry is the assumption that more resolution means higher quality. Most cameras, even ones with higher than HD resolution, can produce"video" looking images that suffer from highlight and black clipping that limits details. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera's wide dynamic range eliminates this problem and provides film quality with dramatically more detail retained in black and whites in the image. Once the shoot is complete, DaVinci Resolve Lite color correction software can be used to adjust images and take advantage of this extra range in the images. 

To eliminate the damage that low bit depth and high compression video storage creates, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera includes a easy to use SD card recorder that allows the full sensor dynamic range to be recorded in professional ProRes 422 (HQ) format, as well as 12 bit Log RAW lossless compressed CinemaDNG format. These files can be read by high end video software as they are all open standard. In addition to the regular CinemaDNG RAW format, Blackmagic Design will also be implementing a QuickTime wrapper for the open standard CinemaDNG and companion codec, allowing the camera to record in a format that allows RAW editing in popular editing software.

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera has been designed as the perfect companion to editing software such as Final Cut Pro X and Avid Media Composer. Unlike other cameras, which require the use of custom video file formats, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera includes absolutely no custom video file formats, and every file type included is open standard.

The built in large LCD display makes focus easy, and allows playback of captured files. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera includes a built in microphone, as well as external jack based mic/line level balanced audio connections. When reviewing recorded clips, audio can be played through the built in speaker and routed through the headphone port or micro HDMI output. The HDMI output includes all camera data such as timecode, transport control, shutter angle, color temperature setting and ASA information overlaid in attractive anti aliased fonts.

"This is an extremely exciting camera and its been amazing to work on. Our original Blackmagic Cinema Camera was small, but this new model is so much smaller than the original, we almost cannot believe it features very similar image quality," said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. "We think customers are going to really enjoy this new model and use it both personally and professionally. It’s going to allow shooting in situations that could never have been achieved at this quality level previously. It’s also going to be the camera that thousands of new up and coming cinematographers use as their first camera for their independent films. It’s going to be exciting!"

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Key Features
• High resolution 1080HD Super 16mm sized sensor with superior handing of image detail.
• Super wide 13 stops of dynamic range allows capture of increased details for feature film look.
• Compatible with extremely high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses. Compatible with other mounts via common third party adapters such as PL mount and Super 16 cine lenses.
• Built in SD card allows long duration recording with easy to use media.
• Open file formats compatible with popular NLE software such as ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW. No custom file formats.
• Features all standard connections, including mini jack mic/line audio in, micro HDMI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay, headphone mini jack, LANC remote control and standard DC 12 power connection.
• Built in LCD for camera settings via easy to use menus.  
• Supports 1080HD resolution capture in 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 fps.
• Compatible with DaVinci Resolve Lite color grading software.

Availability and Price
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is available in July for US$995 from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Julian

Re: Introducing Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Just want to tell you I LOVE YOU GUYS!

This is amazing :shock:

A raw-recording pocket size camera for hobbyists like me!
I don't make any money with video, I just spend money on it :) But I enjoy doing so. This Pocket Camera is fantastic. I pre-ordered mine and can't wait to start experimenting with it.

There was one product last year that made my heart beat faster: the Metabones Speed Booster. I've been waiting for the micro four thirds version to come out, still waiting for it and will grab it as soon as I can, to combine it with the Pocket Cinema Camera.

I love the form factor of this little monster. I will look like a stupid tourist taking pictures with a Sony NEX, but i'll be shooting freaking raw video with 13 stops of DR :mrgreen:

Thank you!

Fulgencio Martínez

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 5:47 pm

July 2023?

spike

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Fulgencio wrote:July 2023?

You'll be lucky!
BMD products: -
ATEM 1 M/E
Teranex 2D
GPI/Tally
SDI distribution
HDMI to SDI converter
Sync Gen
Smartview HD
Smartview Duo
Ultrastudio Mini Recorder

Sean

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Does anyone know if it'll be possible to use electronic EF lenses on the pocket camera? Any adapters (that don't cost more than the camera itself)?
Sean Scannell
Ordered EF mount from B&H on 08/19/12. Received on 04/12/13.

aesnakes

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:03 pm

How much are the batteries?
Rob Bannister
Lead Compositor / Head of 2D
www.imdb.com/name/nm3254365/
www.vimeo.com/robbannister
http://www.robbannister.500px.com/

DaleCampbellFilms

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi Christine,

Just wondering how much the body with battery weighs? Didn't spot it in the spec but may by missing it in my excited state ;)
http://www.dalecampbelldop.com

Julian

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:06 pm

aesnakes wrote:How much are the batteries?

It's the Nikon EL-EN20. Google it, probably you can use cheap made in china alternatives as well.

aesnakes

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:07 pm

nevermind found it, $40 amazing
Rob Bannister

Cabraswel

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Woooo hoooo. I'll take 3!

Michael Sandiford

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:16 pm

You at NAB christine, catch our man on the floor Khachik, should be hanging around with Phil Arntz.

Nikolay Kushnar

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:27 pm

If anything, it's the price I am excited about the most. I was eyeing the Canon 6D, but maybe no more?

Now I just have to find a decent adapter to do 4/3's to canon EOS

Nikolay Kushnar

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Sean wrote:Does anyone know if it'll be possible to use electronic EF lenses on the pocket camera? Any adapters (that don't cost more than the camera itself)?

It's noted in the product page that you CAN use adapters... Just have to find them apparently... Hint hint blackmagic...

Finding one is easy... Finding one with Aperture control is a bit different... Anyone seen or used this? http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Adapter- ... irds+to+ef

Vitchub

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:38 pm

This is just amazing! I wonder if Blackmagic Design will be willing to offer us owners of the BMCC a discount if we purchase the new cameras ;) I have not read of any upgrade plan either...

And I'm curious to know if the Pocket Cinema Camera will feature a time lapse mode (with advanced settings like bulb ramping?), either with the 1.0 firmware or in future updates.

Along with its great video shooting specs, this could be a great mirrorless, portable time lapse camera, shooting in CinemaDNG RAW.

John Bartman

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:47 pm

Who produced the sensor? same company as BMCC?

<SAMPLES please!

Sean

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:54 pm

bartman wrote:Who produced the sensor? same company as BMCC?

<SAMPLES please![/size]

It's the same exact sensor as the BMCC, just cropped in.
Edit: One video at NAB just contradicted this even though JB said differently.
What BMD have done with this camera is to take a super 16 size version of the exact same awesome sensor that’s in the current BMCC and shrink the form factor down to that of an iPhone with a lens mount.
http://johnbrawley.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/the-pocket-rocket-blackmagic-downsizes-the-bmcc-and-does-a-4k-upsize-of-the-orginal/
Last edited by Sean on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Scannell

Vitruvius

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 7:11 pm

This is fantastic news and I am seriosly considering buying one even though I don't shoot serious film.

But I have one complaint about you beautiful promo material. The comparison shots for the Wide Dynamic Range are obviously faked. The image labeled "Common DSLR shot" has direct sun outlined on the floor and the cabinet. The other images have no direct sun at all entering the windows. Even with wider dynamic range there would still be some edges to the direct sun light area if they were shot under the same condition. Which they obviously were not.

So the only real reason to fake these sots is because it isn't really that good. I believe it likely is very good but the fact that the company would fake images is not a sign of confidence in their own product.
Hope they fix or clarify this.

Also wondering if the apeture control from the camera to the lens is stepped or smooth during recording.

And does it suport lens based IS if the lens has IS?

Thanks.

loicalleyne

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Vitruvius wrote:This is fantastic news and I am seriosly considering buying one even though I don't shoot serious film.

But I have one complaint about you beautiful promo material. The comparison shots for the Wide Dynamic Range are obviously faked. The image labeled "Common DSLR shot" has direct sun outlined on the floor and the cabinet. The other images have no direct sun at all entering the windows. Even with wider dynamic range there would still be some edges to the direct sun light area if they were shot under the same condition. Which they obviously were not.

So the only real reason to fake these sots is because it isn't really that good. I believe it likely is very good but the fact that the company would fake images is not a sign of confidence in their own product.
Hope they fix or clarify this.

As an owner of a BMCC v.1, I can tell you the promo shots are definitely NOT faked, this is the kind of performance you can expect from that sensor/camera package. Also, the sun tends to move in the sky whereas windows tend to stay still, so if you shoot all day you can't expect the light to be in the same spot ;)
Loïc Alleyne
Images Ensemble
imagesensemble.com

Shaheryar Ahmed

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 7:44 pm

I have been wanting a digital S16 camera. I was always wanting an Acam DII but that was way out of my budget. Then I was interested in the Digital Bolex. But I really really love this. The only thing that I want in this is DNxHD and probably CF cards. Dont they have better buffer speeds compared to SDHC? Anyhow... I would love to get this one. It is the perfect indie filmmaking camera for me. I am not too huge over DOF and FF anyways. Not to keen on Raw either. But its a good option to have nonetheless. When you have a better budget shoot Raw!
-SHAHERYAR AHMED-

Georgeddiaz

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Does anyone know what kind of shutter it uses? Wether it has Rolling shutter or Global Shutter?

Sean

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Georgeddiaz wrote:Does anyone know what kind of shutter it uses? Wether it has Rolling shutter or Global Shutter?

Rolling on the pocket, global on the production.
Sean Scannell

Nikolay Smirnov

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 9:05 pm

any idea what crop factor does this camera have?
DoP/Colorist
FADE Post-production

ckmayeux

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Nikolay Smirnov wrote:any idea what crop factor does this camera have?

I believe it was said to have a 1.3x crop factor
Ordered From: B&H
Order Date: 09/16/2012
Delivery: Not yet....

Matthieu Laclau

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Seems not, but just ask to be sure, it cannot take pictures (stills)?
Why not?
Best

Nikolay Smirnov

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 9:28 pm

ckmayeux wrote:

to the BMCC, yes.

But to the Full Frame?
DoP/Colorist
FADE Post-production

Sean

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Nikolay Smirnov wrote:
ckmayeux wrote:

to the BMCC, yes.

But to the Full Frame?

2.4 x 1.3 = 3.12

I've heard it was 3.0 but cannot verify this.
Sean Scannell

Vitruvius

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 9:47 pm

What I am saying is that the DSLR sample has direct sunlight entering through the window. The other images do not. That is not a question, it is a fact which anyone can see in the pictures. That is a deliberate misleading comparison of two different lighting condition. Even if the Blackmagic camera has more dynamic range it would still show the outline of the sunlight on the floor and the cabinet. It doesn't at all which means that it was not the same lighting conditions. That is what I call a fake comparison.

Michael Sandiford

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 9:52 pm

The pocket is a s16 frame. SO match it up with c-mount cinelenses and S16 PL cine lens.

Julian

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 9:57 pm

In this video from NAB Backmagic is telling the BMPCC is prores only. Thats kinda contradicting with the information on the website. Im inclined to believe the website but maybe Blackmagic can clear this up? (With newsshooter.com as well).

Sean

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Julian wrote:http://vimeo.com/63597094

In this video from NAB Backmagic is telling the BMPCC is prores only. Thats kinda contradicting with the information on the website. Im inclined to believe the website but maybe Blackmagic can clear this up? (With newsshooter.com as well).

Only Pro Res right now. RAW to be implemented further on down the road.
Sean Scannell

Bo-Ming Tong

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Sean wrote:

<SAMPLES please![/size]

It's the same exact sensor as the BMCC, just cropped in.

Just wondering... if exact same sensor why further crop it? 2.3x was already a pretty big crop factor.
Bo-Ming Tong
(Conurus)

Bill Rich

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Way to go Blackmagic!! As long as they keep updating the firmware on my BMCC and also give us the compressed DNG RAW! I'm all over this little pocket camera! I see it as a great companion to my BMCC and a great camera to take on vacation with my GoPro for serious vacation videos!!
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California

Jason R. Johnston

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 pm

Amazing news. This will replace my PowerShot and iPhone as a personal camera go, but with the ability to take PL glass! It's also the perfect nonchalant doc camera. What a great day! I wish I could be at NAB right now.
JASONRJOHNSTON.COM | CINEMATOGRAPHER | DIRECTOR | EDITOR | COLORIST
RED Komodo | DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5 | 2023 MacBook M2 Pro 14

ReelDog

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 11:11 pm

This looks like a very exciting new addition to the growing BMCC family.

Perhaps an external battery solution can be developed (hint, hint BlackMagic).

I fear the internal battery could be an Achilles heel, as it is on many pocket cameras. Battery that can be switched out is good, internal battery not so good... 1. The position of the battery cover is near the mounting thread--does one need to unmount the camera (from whatever tripod/quick release, etc.) to change the battery? 2. These little internal batteries usually only provide an hour of recording time, often less, because LED screens suck the life out of the battery. It becomes really annoying really quickly to have stop to change the battery, always at the wrong time, worse if you're on a tripod, and often. You need to have at least 3-4 charged spares on hand to safely cycle through a day of shooting and to allow for charging time. Which means you will lose them periodically, too, because these little guys do seem to vanish.

Can you tell what annoys me about my current mini-camcorder? Internal batteries may not bother others as much, but because of the battery in my current cam, I am shopping around for a replacement.

Vitchub

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 pm

What about a Blackmagic Battery Grip for the Pocket Camera? (Hint BMD!) Could be useful due to the small form factor. My two cents...

Ghassan Nazmi

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 11:48 pm

<SAMPLES please!

The 1000$ worth of a question?, John Brawley says its the same sensor of the Original BMC & This video from nab says its not the same senor

different sensor = a total different image characteristics, couple of test footage will clear things up!
Ghassan Nazmi
Writer|Director|Cinematographer
Info@ghassannazmi.com
www.ghassannazmi.com (Currently Upgrading)

http://instagram.com/oras_gn

VINTRUSCAM (BMCC 2.5K MFT)

Rakesh Malik

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 11:52 pm

I wish I'd had one of these when I climbed Mount Rainier!

This is probably going to be my backpacking/mountaineering video camera of choice.

Just imagine what the footage at the end of the promo on this site http://www.tedxbellevue.com/ would have looked with a Black Magic instead of a Sony Nex-7... :)
Rakesh Malik
Cinematographer, photographer, adventurer, martial artist
http://WinterLight.studio
System:
Asus Flow X13, Octacore Zen3/32GB + XG Mobile nVidia RTX 3080/16GB
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

Vitruvius

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 am

Sean wrote:
Nikolay Smirnov wrote:
ckmayeux wrote:

to the BMCC, yes.

But to the Full Frame?

2.4 x 1.3 = 3.12

I've heard it was 3.0 but cannot verify this.

I did the calcs on the crop factor based on the sensor diagonal.

It is 3.02 from Full Frame and 1.43 from M43 sensor.

So even the wide Oly 9-18mm lens on this camera is only 27-54mm. But the Pana 7-14mm might be OK for wide shots at equivalent 21-42mm.

Diagonal of 24x36 = 43.27
Diagonal of M43 = 20.42
Diagonal of BlackMagic = 14.32

pablo.balderas

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 am

This may be a stupid question, or it might not be. Either way, please understand that I've had the words RAW, lossless, lossy, compressed, etc. swirling around my head all day. My question is if the BM Production Camera will shoot 4k compressed cinemadng, what is the pocket camera shooting at in compressed RAW? 2.5k? 2k? Or is it only capable of outputting to 1080 on the SDXC cards? I'm trying to wrap my head around all of this...

Bill Rich

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 am

I just watched the this video which has Tim from BMD talking about the BMPCC at NABand he stated quite clearly that this is a ProRes camera only.. that it is not capable of shooting raw and due to the small chasis there was no room for a raw recorder.. and that the SD cards aren't capable of recording raw..
link to video in case for some reason I did not understand Tim correctly..

But on the Blackmagic website product page.. it quite clearly states in the very first paragraph...

"Get true digital film images with feature film style 13 stops of dynamic range, Super 16 sensor size, high quality lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes™ recording"

Now I'm totally down with it just having high quality ProRes422(HQ) at that price since I have a BMCC that does shoot 12bit CinemaDNG RAW already..

2 questions..
1. will it eventually shoot lossless RAW..
2. is the ProRes422(HQ) 10bit?

Thank you! ether way it's a very cool camera and I plan to get one once it's available for purchase!
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California

ckmayeux

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 12:48 am

Bill Rich wrote:I just watched the this video which has Tim from BMD talking about the BMPCC at NABand he stated quite clearly that this is a ProRes camera only.. that it is not capable of shooting raw and due to the small chasis there was no room for a raw recorder.. and that the SD cards aren't capable of recording raw..
link to video in case for some reason I did not understand Tim correctly..

But on the Blackmagic website product page.. it quite clearly states in the very first paragraph...

"Get true digital film images with feature film style 13 stops of dynamic range, Super 16 sensor size, high quality lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes[TRADE MARK SIGN] recording"

Now I'm totally down with it just having high quality ProRes422(HQ) at that price since I have a BMCC that does shoot 12bit CinemaDNG RAW already..

2 questions..
1. will it eventually shoot lossless RAW..
2. is the ProRes422(HQ) 10bit?

Thank you! ether way it's a very cool camera and I plan to get one once it's available for purchase!

I believe he was saying it will get compressed raw in the future but for now its just 10 bit ProRes

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
Ordered From: B&H
Order Date: 09/16/2012
Delivery: Not yet....

aesnakes

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 2:43 am

Could you guys include the ability to slow down the framerates like timelapse, 1 frame every 30secs, 15 secs, 10 secs, 5, 1, and so on. would be great to almost be able to take a still or timelapse with it. Ive taken still dng's from the BMCC EF and just loved the look of them even over a still camera.
Rob Bannister

antoniobunt

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 3:06 am

If I'm not mistaken, if this new camera has a S16 sensor, the normal focal length will be a 15mm lens? Thanks!

Howard L Hughes

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 3:37 am

just pre ordered mine!! now to go lens shopping.

Sean

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 3:52 am

antoniobunt wrote:If I'm not mistaken, if this new camera has a S16 sensor, the normal focal length will be a 15mm lens? Thanks!

About 45mm
Sean Scannell

Thomas Schumacher

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 6:33 am

Sean wrote:
antoniobunt wrote:If I'm not mistaken, if this new camera has a S16 sensor, the normal focal length will be a 15mm lens? Thanks!

About 45mm

If these two statement sums up to a crop-factor of 3 for the pocket camera then you're right.
https://www.gernemehrfilm.de/

Gerald Baria

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 6:35 am

Whats the widest rectilinear lens for S16 that exists today?
www.vimeo.com/qbetastudios

Tone88

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 6:51 am

Christine, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining here because at the price it sounds like an amazing camera. What I hate as an Australian is being taken advantage of. We pay more for most products than other countries even though our dollar is strong. Why is it that i the US the camera is $995 and here in Australia its $1075. Isn't the camera assembled in Australia? Why do we pay more?

monkeyjimmyboy

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 7:11 am

looks really nice, but does it have in-built image stabilisation? Or for that matter, if lens-housed image stabilisation would work on this?

Without image stabilisation, and with a crop factor of x3, this would render the camera useless with most compatible Micro 43 lenses, unless you are carrying a heavy, good quality tripod, or some other huge stabilisation apparatus, - making this camera a lot less portable than this article is making out.

Can someone please shed some light on this subject?

jhnkng

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 8:54 am

Tone88 wrote:Christine, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining here because at the price it sounds like an amazing camera. What I hate as an Australian is being taken advantage of. We pay more for most products than other countries even though our dollar is strong. Why is it that i the US the camera is $995 and here in Australia its $1075. Isn't the camera assembled in Australia? Why do we pay more?

I think you've forgotten to take GST into account. $995 + 10%GST = $1094.50, so in fact we're saving $19.50.

I pre-ordered the Pocket Camera earlier today, and I was under the impression that it can shoot lossless compressed RAW, but your rep in Dan Chung's video says that RAW will come later. Is it just that the current pre-production versions only shoot prores and that the camera will record RAW come launch day? Or are we looking at RAW availability after launch? The website doesn't mention anything about RAW as an upgrade...
Next

Return to Cinematography