BMCC MFT Mount ONLY Pre Order Insights

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Joseph Hung

BMCC MFT Mount ONLY Pre Order Insights

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Just wanted to start a thread for the MFT preorders only. Same as the other ones, your preorder date and date you received it. I hope they start shipping these soon!

josechu

Re: BMCC MFT Mount ONLY Pre Order Insights

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 6:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Bartman

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Ordered it the day it was released !

Ryan McCarvill

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 1:50 am

Switched in October.

Tal Peled

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 10:05 am

i ordered in start of may , switched when it was announced i think it was September , received - no :cry:

Joseph Hung

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 2:00 pm

I think beta testers just got them, so may be a while. I'm hoping that after all the EF debacle and now that they've had some time testing it and building it, that the beta phase for the MFT won't be as long. Maybe they'll ship before the 4K? Any thoughts or insight on this, Christine?

michael83

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 5:51 pm

September 20 on B&H.

John Bartman

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 5:52 pm

michael83 wrote:September 20 on B&H.

thats just too specific to be believable.

Getting quite bored now....

justinsch

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Does anyone know if BMD has been producing and stockpiling MFT's while the EF's finish up preorder shipments? Or are they only focused on producing EF's and then switching to MFT production later?

steve2000

PostTue Apr 16, 2013 10:34 am

Pre-ordered BMCC MFT during NAB and the supplier here in the UK had people out at the show at the time. They got the impression from BMD that these would be shipping very soon, so hopefully that means that the EFs have been produced in sufficient quantities to satisfy backorders and production has now switched to MFT.

Taikonaut

PostTue Apr 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Just cancelled mine with CVP. I was number 2 in the preorder list with them so whoever is below me just moved up one.

John Bartman

PostTue Apr 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Pre-ordered BMCC MFT during NAB and the supplier here in the UK had people out at the show at the time. They got the impression from BMD that these would be shipping very soon, so hopefully that means that the EFs have been produced in sufficient quantities to satisfy backorders and production has now switched to MFT.

My supplier in Sweden who had reps at NAB said they asked but were told there is nothing moving at the moment.

Ryan McCarvill

PostTue Apr 16, 2013 9:26 pm

It really has to come out soon - the original camera started shipping 6ish months late, the MFT is 6ish months late.

grenouilletex

PostWed Apr 17, 2013 11:57 pm

Well, considering that Adorama is shipping same day as ordered now, one can only assume that the EF is caught up for the most part. I'd be surprised if MFT didn't ship in May.

michael83

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 2:18 am

bartman wrote:

You're actually right, got my times mixed up, I ordered and payed in full, november 22. Still I find your comment aggressive and misplaced. I'm as tired with the situation as any of you.

John Bartman

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 5:04 pm

michael83 wrote:
bartman wrote:

You're actually right, got my times mixed up, I ordered and payed in full, november 22. Still I find your comment aggressive and misplaced. I'm as tired with the situation as any of you.

Sorry, wasn´t intended to offend,
good news is this:
Mindsphere wrote:Soooo... I got a call from a certain retailer telling me that they should have my MFT model in-hand today or tomorrow :D

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6802&start=60

grenouilletex

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 8:07 pm

That's great news! Thanks for sharing!

Joseph Hung

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 9:43 pm

That's fantastic news. Who's the retailer and/or what country, please? Just trying to figure out regions around the world.

Christine Peterson

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 10:25 pm

bartman wrote:good news is this:
Mindsphere wrote:Soooo... I got a call from a certain retailer telling me that they should have my MFT model in-hand today or tomorrow :D

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6802&start=60

I believe this is another false alarm. Just received confirmation from the product manager that no MFT cameras have shipped yet, except to our beta testers.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Taikonaut

PostFri Apr 19, 2013 1:41 am

Going by the record of what happen with the EF version in between beta testers recieving samples and the first customers recieving their shipment is about 7 weeks. Of course this might change now that BMD has two more cameras to release by 25th July.

Ryan McCarvill

PostFri Apr 19, 2013 1:57 am

It's a serious pain - espeacially when you have thousands of dollars invested in something that may or may not come any time soon. I would like to invest some of that money elsewhere while I wait, but chances are the minute I spend some of it the camera will arrive.

This is not like the EF problems which were related to supplier issues, this is a problem which is completely within Blackmagics ability to control. So we have a release date for the Production Camera and the Pocket Camera, why not a release date for the MFT camera?

Taikonaut

PostFri Apr 19, 2013 2:52 am

Ryan McCarvill wrote:It's a serious pain - espeacially when you have thousands of dollars invested in something that may or may not come any time soon. I would like to invest some of that money elsewhere while I wait, but chances are the minute I spend some of it the camera will arrive.

This is not like the EF problems which were related to supplier issues, this is a problem which is completely within Blackmagics ability to control. So we have a release date for the Production Camera and the Pocket Camera, why not a release date for the MFT camera?

Release date of the MFT was December 2012. BMD has never manage to meet any of its release dates so far by a long shot. You are right the MFT is within BMD ability to deliver. Grant said back in February it is ready but he put production back to concentrate on fulfilling the EF backorders instead,

Ryan McCarvill

PostFri Apr 19, 2013 3:21 am

Yep but there was a reason for the EF problem, the reason for the MFT delay is that they are trying to catch up with the EF's - so what I'm saying is that they should be able to give us a revised estimated release date for the MFT considering they have a release date for the Production Cam which uses the same chassis and the Pocket Cam which uses the same sensor and are producing the EF Camera which uses both.

So they know more than they did with the EF camera delays.

Joseph Hung

PostTue May 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Maybe it's time this thread got updated. Both B&H and Adorama are listing BMCC EF as In Stock currently (at least today). Hopefully this is a good sign that the MFT should be shipping soon...

Joseph Hung

PostThu Jun 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Now that we've gotten confirmation from the horse's mouth that the MFT started shipping today, wanted to put this up front again so we can start tracking the following:

1) when you pre ordered
2) when you receive your BMCC MFT
3) What country you are in

For the record, I cancelled my MFT pre order last week. Decided the Pocket will be better and more versatile.

Thanks, and great news to everyone waiting a long time...

Return to Cinematography