MFT BMCC - Please Update Us

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

jho

Re: MFT BMCC - Please Update Us

PostMon May 27, 2013 12:00 am

john vargas

John Bartman

PostMon May 27, 2013 12:02 am

1. John Bartman
2. Rick Lang
3. Peter J. DeCrescenzo
4. Rakesh Malik
5. James Biberi
6. Javier de Pablos Velez
7. Jeff Hubbard
8. Ghassan Nazmi
9. Colby Moore
10. Lorenzo Straight
11. Jonathon Norris
12. JB Schiess
13. Steve J. Lee
14. David Sandberg
15.Darryl Gregory
16.Calldrin
17. Scott Greenberg
18. Jules Bushell
19. Simon Shasha
20. Fabián Matas
21. Derek Siu
22. Oscar Romero
23. Fulgencio Martinez
24. Nigel Smith
25. Dillon McEvoy
26. Jack Lam
27. Michael Monzón
28. Antonio J García
29. John Vargas

Huskie7

PostMon May 27, 2013 5:11 am

Fulgencio Martínez wrote:

So you feel like you should have some kind of loyalty to a corporation???
wow!!
"indie revolution" is based on loyalty to corporations???
wow!![/quote]

While you make an excellent point (I mean that honestly), I was actually saying the opposite. Go ahead and take your money elsewhere (though any other camera you buy is most likely made by a company much larger than BM). I just don't understand attacking a company to rush out a product that will supposedly put a studio quality instrument in the hands of independent artists. I also don't think we should be fighting amongst ourselves. A revolution should be about empowerment not entitlement.

John Bartman

PostMon May 27, 2013 8:10 am

The point is, releasing a camera a year ago, then promising a MFT version, then releasing two new cameras and then not informing the people who ordered the camera when and if the MFT is expected after hundreds of requests.

David Sandberg

PostMon May 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Welp, by luck I happened to find a store in Sweden that had one EF-camera in stock so I bought that and just cancelled my MFT order.

Feeling kind of mixed right now. "Yaay, I have a BMC :lol: ", "Naay, it's not the model I really wanted... :| ". But overall it feels positive. Maybe now I won't compulsively check this forum every five minutes.

I guess this is good news for the rest of you because with my luck this surely means the MFT version will ship tomorrow...

Huskie7

PostMon May 27, 2013 1:52 pm

John Bartman wrote:The point is, releasing a camera a year ago, then promising a MFT version, then releasing two new cameras and then not informing the people who ordered the camera when and if the MFT is expected after hundreds of requests.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I am frustrated about this as well. I pre-ordered an EF BMCC before it was released, and switched to the MFT a few months later. I laugh out loud at some of the people who are as mad as you and ordered only a month ago. Worse yet, I staked my reputation by buying the camera with company funds, and a year later I don't have anything to show for it (including any recent news).

The point I'm trying to make is that BM isn't some mega corporation with unlimited resources. If the expected shipping date is based on rate of production, and they are trying to get the EF's out first (which seems right since they were promised first), then they might not have the answer right now. Asking hundreds of times won't make for a new answer or a faster release (Though I'm guilty there too). I think announcing the other cameras is a positive sign. It's a further threat to the competitors, and a clue that they are on to something that is working. We are all free to take our money elsewhere, but my guess is that we are all depending on BM to deliver a game changing product that is one of a kind at its price point. I'd rather be disappointed by waiting, than have them sacrifice any quality by rushing the product out.

bhook

PostMon May 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Huskie7 wrote:If the expected shipping date is based on rate of production, and they are trying to get the EF's out first (which seems right since they were promised first), then they might not have the answer right now.

A question I have is which was promised first; the BMCMFT or the BMPC and/or BM4K?

Fulgencio Martínez

PostMon May 27, 2013 2:37 pm

Huskie7 wrote:
John Bartman wrote:The point is, releasing a camera a year ago, then promising a MFT version, then releasing two new cameras and then not informing the people who ordered the camera when and if the MFT is expected after hundreds of requests.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I am frustrated about this as well. I pre-ordered an EF BMCC before it was released, and switched to the MFT a few months later. I laugh out loud at some of the people who are as mad as you and ordered only a month ago. Worse yet, I staked my reputation by buying the camera with company funds, and a year later I don't have anything to show for it (including any recent news).

The point I'm trying to make is that BM isn't some mega corporation with unlimited resources. If the expected shipping date is based on rate of production, and they are trying to get the EF's out first (which seems right since they were promised first), then they might not have the answer right now. Asking hundreds of times won't make for a new answer or a faster release (Though I'm guilty there too). I think announcing the other cameras is a positive sign. It's a further threat to the competitors, and a clue that they are on to something that is working. We are all free to take our money elsewhere, but my guess is that we are all depending on BM to deliver a game changing product that is one of a kind at its price point. I'd rather be disappointed by waiting, than have them sacrifice any quality by rushing the product out.

To me it does not seem right for following reasons:

1.- Sensor issue was found on september 2012. So they already knew what was going on. Even though this happened they kept saying MFT was going to be released on december 2012. So, at least in my case, i thought they would were a fair company (like most of them) and their info about release date was going to be real... wich has proved to be not.
2.- It makes no sense at all to prefer to fail at two appointments (EF &MFT) than failing just at one.
3.- Not distributing the camera is only explained by a problem of supply... If it is not so they are not being transparent about it. Changing mount could be done in.. maybe 5 minutes? Do they need to hire.. what? 3 more workers? 5 more workers? They are not such a small company to have such a problem for ramping up production. Blackmagic design has already adquired: Davinci Systems, Echolab, Teranex, Cintel.. and there is a rumor about having a next move over Avid. YES.. THEY ARE A MEGACORPORATION.. not some indie guys working in a basement.
4.- If they have sensor supply problem? why on earth would they announce a pocket camera with the same sensor (just off-centered so you only use s16 size.. look at the pictures) for july. There is something more.. or they are just willing to lie again?
5.- The lack of information and transparency with what is going on is really insulting.

John Bartman

PostMon May 27, 2013 2:57 pm

its not the same sensor:

4.- If they have sensor supply problem? why on earth would they announce a pocket camera with the same sensor (just off-centered so you only use s16 size.. look at the pictures) for july. There is something more.. or they are just willing to lie again?

Fabián Matas

PostMon May 27, 2013 3:12 pm

John Bartman wrote:its not the same sensor:

I think I read that is from the same company while the s35mm is from other company.

bhook

PostMon May 27, 2013 3:23 pm

What are you basing that assertion on John? I can't find the quote but sure seem to recall JB saying the PC would have the same colorimetry as the BMCC because they are the same sensor. Not the same family...not from the same company...but the same sensor cropped for 1080.

However at my age, the memory starts to dull and I would be the last to know. ;)

Fulgencio Martínez

PostMon May 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Off-centered sensor
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/9 ... MERA.html/
Will this cause optical issues?.. well... you know.. sensors should be centered
Why is it off-centered?.. Mmmm.. Do your guess

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon May 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Fulgencio Martínez wrote:Off-centered sensor

Sensors should be centered?

Since when?

-

John Bartman

PostMon May 27, 2013 5:21 pm

mhood wrote:

What are you basing that assertion on John? I can't find the quote but sure seem to recall JB saying the PC would have the same colorimetry as the BMCC because they are the same sensor. Not the same family...not from the same company...but the same sensor cropped for 1080.

However at my age, the memory starts to dull and I would be the last to know. ;)

Sorry Marc, I just meant that it was not made by the same company, i.e the visual aspects/quality of the sensors are not the same. I remember Grant mentioned the differences between the sharpness/filmic qualities of the different sensors in one of his interviews around NAB.

bhook

PostMon May 27, 2013 5:29 pm

John Bartman wrote:Sorry Marc, I just meant that it was not made by the same company, i.e the visual aspects/quality of the sensors are not the same. I remember Grant mentioned the differences between the sharpness/filmic qualities of the different sensors in one of his interviews around NAB.

I'm not being clear. I recall that the Pocket Camera's sensor is the SAME SENSOR made by the SAME COMPANY as the sensor in the BMCC EF and MFT. I'm asking "where did you read that it was not made by the same company"? I can't find JB's quote but do remember him saying they are the exact same (with the Pocket Camera's sensor being offset and cropped to 1080).

But, I can't cite my quote either, so who knows? Peter, do you remember?

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon May 27, 2013 5:35 pm

mhood wrote:... I recall that the Pocket Camera's sensor is the SAME SENSOR made by the SAME COMPANY as the sensor in the BMCC EF and MFT. ... But, I can't cite my quote either, so who knows? Peter, do you remember?

I reckon they're close enough to be "kissing cousins" (in quotes for the benefit of our international audience).

Next: Ask me if I care?

:lol:

For better or worse, the cameras will ship (with whatever sensors) when they're ready to ship, and not a moment sooner. Cheers.

-

bhook

PostMon May 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:For better or worse, the cameras will ship (with whatever sensors) when they're ready to ship, and not a moment sooner. Cheers.

-

Peter!!!! You've become such a lap dancer. :lol:

Fulgencio Martínez

PostMon May 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:
Fulgencio Martínez wrote:Off-centered sensor

Sensors should be centered?

Since when?

-

Since the early days of Photography!!!
Since the birth of the daguerreotype.. plates where centered!!
Since kodak brought the brownie!!
Please!!!!! stop it!!!
Where can i see a off-centered cameras design??

Fulgencio Martínez

PostMon May 27, 2013 5:57 pm

mhood wrote:
John Bartman wrote:Sorry Marc, I just meant that it was not made by the same company, i.e the visual aspects/quality of the sensors are not the same. I remember Grant mentioned the differences between the sharpness/filmic qualities of the different sensors in one of his interviews around NAB.

I'm not being clear. I recall that the Pocket Camera's sensor is the SAME SENSOR made by the SAME COMPANY as the sensor in the BMCC EF and MFT. I'm asking "where did you read that it was not made by the same company"? I can't find JB's quote but do remember him saying they are the exact same (with the Pocket Camera's sensor being offset and cropped to 1080).

But, I can't cite my quote either, so who knows? Peter, do you remember?

I do remember!
he told it to me.. i said in a comment that my dealer told me they were different sensor
and he answered my dealer was misinformed.. and i should change dealer..
just.. suddenly... believe it or not!!...like 20 minutes later his comment was deleted
Christine.. could you please answer this very easy question???
is it the same sensor in BMCC as in pocket camera???.. answer is just yes or no.. it should not be dificult to answer
IT is important to clear this point as it is also said in the web
http://www.cinema5d.com/news/?p=17219
"Same sensor as Blackmagic Cinema Camera (but different size!)"

Fulgencio Martínez

PostMon May 27, 2013 5:58 pm

FOUND!!
http://johnbrawley.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... e-orginal/
"a super 16 size version of the exact same awesome sensor that’s in the current BMCC"
There you have it

michael83

PostMon May 27, 2013 6:02 pm

We're getting off track people, you're all making assumptions based on old information, the point is that Blackmagic hasn't even tried to explain why are the cameras so ridiculously delayed, apparently they just don't give a F*&^ about us, no date, no excuses no nothing, just silence... I feel so ignored, kind of stupid also.

I should've just bought a couple of GH2 6 months ago and be done with it, I need this camera for work and my money has been frozen for over 6 months now, at least it would've made a couple bucks in the bank, but foolishly I believed in this irresponsible and unethical company. So disappointed.

bhook

PostMon May 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Fulgencio Martínez wrote:FOUND!!
"a super 16 size version of the exact same awesome sensor that’s in the current BMCC"
There you have it

Thank you Fulgencio...good to know I'm not losing my mind.

Fulgencio Martínez

PostMon May 27, 2013 6:29 pm

mhood wrote:
There you have it

Thank you Fulgencio...good to know I'm not losing my mind.

maybe that´s what they want... ;)
http://magazine.creativecow.net/article ... -your-mind

bhook

PostMon May 27, 2013 6:37 pm

Fulgencio Martínez wrote:maybe that´s what they want... ;)
http://magazine.creativecow.net/article ... -your-mind

The reality is that my main concern is that we don't screw things up. Because it's not competitors and things that are going to cause us issues. It's ourselves. WE'RE the people who are goings to balls this up. We just have to stay humble, stay respectful and know our place. It's important that we don't get weird, we don't get arrogant, we don't get business-y, and remember who gives us the privilege of building these things.

My mind is officially blown. :lol:

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon May 27, 2013 6:42 pm

There you have it

To paraphrase Bill Clinton, "It depends on what the definition of 'version' is."

bhook

PostMon May 27, 2013 6:44 pm

There you have it

To paraphrase Bill Clinton, "It depends on what the definition of 'version' is."

Maybe this quote from the blog will help:

And of course, it makes an ideal B camera to a BMCC if you already have one. It’s got the same sensor and the same look, plus you’ll get to access to those nice active m4/3 lenses.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostMon May 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi Marc: Yes, I always took JB's comments to mean the sensor is the "same" (in a smaller output raster size), too.

The scary & puzzling thing is if in fact the BMPCC's sensor is being made by the same manufacturer as the one in the BMCC, how on earth are they going to make enough of them to meet demand (in a timely fashion)?

I don't care if BMD ever answers that question, but it's an obvious one. Maybe because the sensor is "smaller" it can be manufactured in higher volumes/faster? Beats me.

Meanwhile, I'm rolling the dice on the BMPC-4K's "new" sensor designed by a "different" company and manufactured in a "different" factory for use with "new" electronics in a quasi-"new" camera body ... I mean, what could go wrong with that?

Hopefully very little. We shall see ...

I hope everyone gets their BMD camera of choice ASAP, but don't hold your breath!

Cheers.

-

Fulgencio Martínez

PostMon May 27, 2013 7:08 pm

the sensor is not smaller.. it is the same one
just it is has been off-centered so you only can use the top area
that´s why it is off-centered.. else, someone could change the firmware (like canon, panasonic gh2...) and make the pocket camera a full BMCC

bhook

PostMon May 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:The scary & puzzling thing is if in fact the BMPCC's sensor is being made by the same manufacturer as the one in the BMCC, how on earth are they going to make enough of them to meet demand (in a timely fashion)?

I don't care if BMD ever answers that question, but it's an obvious one. Maybe because the sensor is "smaller" it can be manufactured in higher volumes/faster? Beats me.

I wish I had the pic of the sensor offset handy but I'm of the belief you can take JB literally...they are the same sensor with the PC being offset and cropped to 1080.

If that is true, then WTH? One production line for EF and MFT that must be retooled to run MFT (once EFs are delivered)??? Production capacity being constrained by sensor delivery???? Separate production lines for PC and PC4K cameras??? Precious few sensors being diverted from MFT production to meet the "ships in July" PC deadline???? Not a word about starting a fourth production line in the Singapore plant to get the MFTs delivered???? ??????? :?

Joseph Hung

PostTue May 28, 2013 11:36 pm

To get back on topic here: has anyone noticed that both Adorama and B&H are listing the BMCC EF as In Stock? Maybe this could be a good sign that we are nearing the beginning of MFT assembly and shipping...

javierdpvelez

PostWed May 29, 2013 12:10 am

Well the issue isn't with in stock here in the US. It's with the rest of the world not having cameras.

Simon Shasha

PostWed May 29, 2013 9:05 am

I am also wishing I stuck with the EF model. I feel so screwed over for switching to the MFT model.

I went and bought the SLR Magic 12mm T1.6 ($650) and 25mm T0.95 ($800) lenses back in early December in order to have them to film with my MFT BMCC (which I assumed I'd get late December, early January) - now, 6 months later, they're sitting here on my shelf doing absolutely nothing. So much money wasted.

Can't believe this...

Fabián Matas

PostWed May 29, 2013 11:57 am

Simon Shasha wrote:I am also wishing I stuck with the EF model. I feel so screwed over for switching to the MFT model.

I went and bought the SLR Magic 12mm T1.6 ($650) and 25mm T0.95 ($800) lenses back in early December in order to have them to film with my MFT BMCC (which I assumed I'd get late December, early January) - now, 6 months later, they're sitting here on my shelf doing absolutely nothing. So much money wasted.

Can't believe this...

Voigtlander 17'5mm and 25mm here waiting for daddy :cry:

javierdpvelez

PostWed May 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Fabián Matas wrote:
Simon Shasha wrote:I am also wishing I stuck with the EF model. I feel so screwed over for switching to the MFT model.

Can't believe this...

Ditto. Feeling like a dummy with a SLR Magic 12mm, 25mm, and Voigtlander 17.5mm. 6-7 months of feeling like an absolute idiot and counting.

Steve Lee Jean

PostWed May 29, 2013 2:14 pm

javierdpvelez wrote:
Fabián Matas wrote:

Can't believe this...

Ditto. Feeling like a dummy with a SLR Magic 12mm, 25mm, and Voigtlander 17.5mm. 6-7 months of feeling like an absolute idiot and counting.

Get a GH3 in the meantime and put that awesome glass to some good use on a fantastic camera. I cannot think of a better 1,2,3 punch then having a BMCC, a GH3, and a BMPC as an A,B,C cam set up!
Director/Writer
Busan, South Korea + Los Angeles, CA

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostWed May 29, 2013 3:19 pm

innerspark wrote:Get a GH3 in the meantime and put that awesome glass to some good use on a fantastic camera. I cannot think of a better 1,2,3 punch then having a BMCC, a GH3, and a BMPC as an A,B,C cam set up!

I think many people will simply skip the BMPCC pocket camera and just get a GH3 and be very happy. See:
http://herefortheweather.wordpress.com/ ... ma-camera/

-

Simon Shasha

PostThu May 30, 2013 1:59 am

I own the GH3 (which I only bought to complement the BMCC because of it's capability to shoot sharp, detailed 1080P @ 60FPS), and agree it's a good all-rounder, however, as impressive as its features are, it's 8-bit colour-space and dynamic-range (which is not bad) are no match for the BMCC.

As much as I'd like it, I'm not asking Blackmagic to give me my MFT BMCC right now. Cause I know that's not gonna happen. Not even next week at this rate.

I simply want an answer to this question; will the MFT BMCC ship BEFORE or AFTER the two new BMD cameras?

If it's after, then I want out. I want to try and sell all this gear (including the GH3) that I burnt my money on - gear that has been sitting here collecting dust FOR NEARLY ONE YEAR. I would like to sell it all, sit back and see the quality of the two new cameras, and then buy them IN A STORE AND OFF THE SHELF. I will never, ever pre-order a camera again after this experience - NEVER.

Why is this so hard for BMD to answer, let alone understand???

I am heavily invested now in MFT lenses, batteries, SSD drives, IR filters, ND filters, the GH3 - ALL BOUGHT FOR THE BMCC - that's a lot of money - if my camera isn't coming for a long-while, then JUST TELL ME - TELL US. I'm not gonna hate Blackmagic for it, I'll probably love them more for the TRANSPARENCY - but if my camera isn't coming, then I would like to try and sell off all this gear I've invested in.

Christine, if you're reading this, I REALLY CANNOT BELIEVE Blackmagic is ignoring this simple question. Just tell us if the MFT BMCC is shipping BEFORE or AFTER the two new BMD cameras.

You know, God help Blackmagic if the MFT BMCC ships after the two new cameras...if people that ordered the two new cameras only a month or two ago get their cameras before the MFT BMCC people, many who ordered the EF over a year ago (then switched to MFT around eight to nine months ago)...then hell...I think that'll be the ultimate death-blow to a lot of us.

I really don't get it - I don't get this silence from BMD about the MFT BMCC. We've been loyal this long - I paid for my BMCC in FULL on June 2nd 2012, then switched to MFT BMCC when it was announced. The least BMD could do is give us some TRANSPARENCY in return. Then again, the last form of transparency there was was an interview with Dan May back in February where he said "the MFT BMCC will ship in two to three weeks"...

I dunno. This is ridiculous.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostThu May 30, 2013 2:59 am

Simon Shasha wrote:... Christine, if you're reading this, I REALLY CANNOT BELIEVE Blackmagic is ignoring this simple question. Just tell us if the MFT BMCC is shipping BEFORE or AFTER the two new BMD cameras. ...

Why do you think that question is a simple one?

It's anything but, especially given what's transpired during the past year.

There really isn't any way BMD can answer that question in a way that's meaningful, accurate, or make good business sense. At best the answer will be wishful thinking, a guess, or one BMD will have a good chance of regretting.

The cameras will ship from BMD when they're ready to ship -- based on availability of parts and BMD's decisions -- and not a day before.

-

Simon Shasha

PostThu May 30, 2013 3:47 am

Simon Shasha wrote:... Christine, if you're reading this, I REALLY CANNOT BELIEVE Blackmagic is ignoring this simple question. Just tell us if the MFT BMCC is shipping BEFORE or AFTER the two new BMD cameras. ...

There really isn't any way BMD can answer that question in a way that's meaningful, accurate, or make good business sense. At best the answer will be wishful thinking, a guess, or one BMD will have a good chance of regretting.

The cameras will ship from BMD when they're ready to ship -- based on availability of parts and BMD's decisions -- and not a day before.

-

How long has it been since Grant posted an update in regards to the MFT BMCC? February 9th.

That was nearly six-months ago. Half a year.

I think we've moved far beyond regret.

Brian@202020

PostThu May 30, 2013 4:01 am

Simon Shasha wrote:

-

How long has it been since Grant posted an update in regards to the MFT BMCC? February 9th.

That was nearly six-months ago. Half a year.

I think we've moved far beyond regret.

3-9-13
4-9-13
5-9-13

Hmmm looks more like 3 months and some change to me. Just saying.

michael83

PostThu May 30, 2013 4:13 am

-

I think the request is extremely reasonable. And basically that's all we want, that's the name of the topic. Why would you defend their unethical attitude. Who cares if its the same sensor as the pocket or not, who cares if its centered or not, I just wan't my camera now, and if not at least I want this company to inform me of the status of the situation. I don't care where BM stands, we deserve to be informed.
Last edited by michael83 on Thu May 30, 2013 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Simon Shasha

PostThu May 30, 2013 4:14 am

Brian@202020 wrote:3-9-13
4-9-13
5-9-13

Can you link me to these?

I can't find them, even after searching: search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author=Grant+Petty

Simon Shasha

PostThu May 30, 2013 4:17 am

michael83 wrote:I think the request is extremely reasonable. And basically that's all we want, that's the name of the topic. Why would you defend their unethical attitude. Who cares if its the same sensor as the pocket or not, who cares if its centered or not, I just wan't my camera now, and if not at least I want this company to inform me of the status of the situation. I don't care where BM stands, we deserve to be informed.

Thank you! Someone that understands that we're not asking for the world, just a reasonable response - and not the deafening silence we've been met with for months now.

Brian@202020

PostThu May 30, 2013 4:23 am

Simon Shasha wrote:
4-9-13
5-9-13

I can't find them, even after searching: search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author=Grant+Petty

I'm just saying it's been 3 months and some change since Feb 9th (Grants last update) not 6 months like you said.

Simon Shasha

PostThu May 30, 2013 4:27 am

Brian@202020 wrote:
Simon Shasha wrote:
4-9-13
5-9-13

I'm just saying it's been 3 months and some change since Feb 9th (Grants last update) not 6 months like you said.

Sorry, I originally had "January 9th" written in my post, but then I realised the last update was February 9th - I corrected the date, but not the rest of my sentence, hence "six months" - and given that June 9th is only ten days away, I counted from January 9th to June 9th, which is ultimately five-months. Bit of hyperbole on my behalf when I said "half a year".

Regardless, three months without word is not cool - four-months in ten days.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostThu May 30, 2013 4:42 am

michael83 wrote:

-

I think the request is extremely reasonable. And basically that's all we want, that's the name of the topic. Why would you defend their unethical attitude. Who cares if its the same sensor as the pocket or not, who cares if its centered or not, I just wan't my camera now, and if not at least I want this company to inform me of the status of the situation. I don't care where BM stands, we deserve to be informed.

Did you actually read my post?

It sounds like you'll be happy if BMD tells you something that's likely to be:

1.) Not meaningful,
2.) Or, not accurate,
3.) Or, not make good business sense.

It's hard for me to understand how any of us benefit from any of those types of "updates", but you're welcome to wish for whatever you want.

For my part, my pipe dream is waiting for a BMPC-4K.

I stopped "defending" BMD quite a while ago. Simply dealing with facts (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) is difficult enough, let alone BMD's promises.

Cheers.

Simon Shasha

PostThu May 30, 2013 6:54 am

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:Did you actually read my post?

1.) Not meaningful,
2.) Or, not accurate,

It's hard for me to understand how any of us benefit from any of those types of "updates", but you're welcome to wish for whatever you want.

Did you read my post, Peter?

I'd benefit from knowing if I should keep or sell the MFT glass, GH3 and other accessories I invested in specifically for the MFT BMCC.

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks

PostThu May 30, 2013 10:06 am

Simon Shasha wrote:

1.) Not meaningful,
2.) Or, not accurate,

I'd benefit from knowing if I should keep or sell the MFT glass, GH3 and other accessories I invested in specifically for the MFT BMCC.

I'm interested to know how an update that isnt meaningful or is inaccurate would benifit you?

Surely an inaccurate post may lead you to make the wrong decision on keeping or selling these things. A post that isn't meaningful wouldnt either result in you having no more info, or misinterpterting it as meanigful and making a decision based on said misinteriptation.

BMD have shown that their updates on shipping cannot be relied upon as they contiunually get how long it will take them to clear up the issues wrong. Making a decision based upon a BMD shipping update is insane.

BMD should probably put out another 'still having supply issues slowing the backlog on EF orders' style statement (dumb MFT mount cameras have appeared for Beta so the active rumours are even less likely than BMD actual getting a shipping estimate right) just to calm people down a bit.

Simon Shasha

PostThu May 30, 2013 10:45 am

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks wrote:
Simon Shasha wrote:

1.) Not meaningful,
2.) Or, not accurate,

I'm interested to know how an update that isnt meaningful or is inaccurate would benifit you?

Surely an inaccurate post may lead you to make the wrong decision on keeping or selling these things. A post that isn't meaningful wouldnt either result in you having no more info, or misinterpterting it as meanigful and making a decision based on said misinteriptation.

BMD have shown that their updates on shipping cannot be relied upon as they contiunually get how long it will take them to clear up the issues wrong. Making a decision based upon a BMD shipping update is insane.

BMD should probably put out another 'still having supply issues slowing the backlog on EF orders' style statement (dumb MFT mount cameras have appeared for Beta so the active rumours are even less likely than BMD actual getting a shipping estimate right) just to calm people down a bit.

So, from now on, we're simply to assume that Blackmagic Design is completely incompetent, cannot be trusted, and has no idea at all, no idea whatsoever, about their products?

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks

PostThu May 30, 2013 10:51 am

Simon Shasha wrote:
Pete Proniewicz-Brooks wrote:
Simon Shasha wrote:[

So, from now on, we're simply to assume that Blackmagic Design is completely incompetent, cannot be trusted, and has no idea at all, no idea whatsoever, about their products?

About shipping times I'd not trust them till they'd earned that trust back. About most other things they are perfectly fine, but shipping particuarly on the BMCC they just havent shown themselves to be reliable.
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography