Blackmagic RAW on the Ursa Mini 4.6k?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Rolands Briedis

Re: Blackmagic RAW on the Ursa Mini 4.6k?

PostSun May 31, 2020 9:34 am

timbutt2 wrote:I dunno. Maybe a glimmer of hope remains. However, I'm not going to hold my breath.

For me, there is no other option just to hold my breath. I have lost my daily job because of situation in the world and I am sticking with Ursa 4.6k. I think this is a good time for Blackmagic Design to help out their customers and update 4.6k to BRAW.

timbutt2

PostSun May 31, 2020 11:16 am

Rolands Briedis wrote:
timbutt2 wrote:I dunno. Maybe a glimmer of hope remains. However, I'm not going to hold my breath.

For me, there is no other option just to hold my breath. I have lost my daily job because of situation in the world and I am sticking with Ursa 4.6k. I think this is a good time for Blackmagic Design to help out their customers and update 4.6k to BRAW.

I do agree it would be an immense help considering the current climate. I was lucky to be owed a great amount of money before the crisis from work I had done to pay off all my debts for the gear I had bought. My most recent credit card debt is a burden I'm putting on myself with no guarantee of work at the moment. Although I have faith that work will come.

Still I would love if I could use my UM4.6K as a B-Camera to the UMP G2 with BRAW instead of ProRes and CDNG. There's quite a few people around me now with Pocket 4Ks so I could always bring them on to be B-Camera operators. But nonetheless if I could do it without them and using the cameras I have that would be great. The G2 is wonderful, and matching the original 4.6K is the most ideal situation because of how similar the sensor is.
"I'm well trained in the art of turning **** to gold." - Tim Buttner (timbutt2)

Cameras: URSA Mini Pro G2, URSA Mini 4.6K EF & Cinema Camera 2.5K EF
Computers: iMac 5K (Late 2015) & MacBook Pro Retina 15.4in (Mid 2018)

Andrew Toul

PostFri Jun 05, 2020 11:09 pm

Ok that's another Camera update for today. We are in 6.9.4 and is the second one that deals only with G1. Fingers crossed for the next update :o

timbutt2

PostSat Jun 06, 2020 12:10 am

Andrew Toul wrote:Ok that's another Camera update for today. We are in 6.9.4 and is the second one that deals only with G1. Fingers crossed for the next update :o

Based on what Tim Schumann just said:
Tim Schumann wrote:Thanks for the feedback yes that bug requires a fix at the G2 end as well so that will come through in the next URSA Mini Pro G2 update.

Thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=115217
I'd say more than likely the next update will be for the G2 to include the fix mentioned here plus the custom frame guides and 1:1 & 4:5 preset frame guides.

Either way, my fingers will always be crossed when I get the tweet alert on my phone that it could be the firmware update that brings BRAW to the OG UM4.6K.
"I'm well trained in the art of turning **** to gold." - Tim Buttner (timbutt2)

Cameras: URSA Mini Pro G2, URSA Mini 4.6K EF & Cinema Camera 2.5K EF
Computers: iMac 5K (Late 2015) & MacBook Pro Retina 15.4in (Mid 2018)

WahWay

PostSat Jun 06, 2020 4:13 am

BMD would'nt even bring colour science 4 for the original UM4.6k for Prores so the long held excuse by some that its limitation issue is questionable.
Previous

Return to Cinematography